Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manali bliss

Double Ended Reflector and Bulbs.?

17 posts in this topic

Hello Herbalists,

So i purchased a Solis-Tek 1000w Dimmable Digital ballast and im looking to run it paired up with a double ended reflector and bulbs.

My tent size is 120x120x230, and i plan on running a 600w MH bulb for veg and a 1000w HPS for flower.

im just after some advice on what bulb brands are the ones to go for as i hear some bulbs do not like the high frequency of digital ballasts.

also, im looking for a little help sourcing a DE reflector and the DE 400v bulbs as im not having much luck.

i assume links are not allowed so just the name of a place will do,here or pm.

am i correct in thinking that MH bulbs are not dimmable?

Thanks.

Edited by Manali bliss

Hi manali are you you can run 400v bulbs with that ballast ?

Personally i would ditch the ballast you have and pick up a gavita pro 1000 de eu,

The standalone reflector is called Gavita HortiStar 1000 DE Reflector and the bulb is called Philips 1000 Watt EL DE

Edited by dumdedum

Hi manali are you you can run 400v bulbs with that ballast ?

Personally i would ditch the ballast you have and pick up a gavita pro 1000 de eu,

The standalone reflector is called Gavita HortiStar 1000 DE Reflector and the bulb is called Philips 1000 Watt EL DE

from what ive read, the solis-tek is a 400v ballast.

i wonder if the hortistar will work with the solis-tek!

Sorry mate, Im still learning about these.

Look very interesting though...

RR

just wondering, do philips make Double ended 600w MH bulbs?

seems the Double ended setup hasn't quite kick off yet over here.

just wondering, do philips make Double ended 600w MH bulbs?

seems the Double ended setup hasn't quite kick off yet over here.

No the only double ended is the 1000w and philips dont do them anymore there all gavitas

ive just been looking on hghydroponics and the seem to have 3 different gavita 1000w ballasts, anybody know what the difference between them is?

im thinking of purchasing one as i cant be bothered looking around for bulbs and reflectors.

@@Manali bliss - I know there are the new E series, which are the only ones that work with the EL1/2 Gavita Master Controller. They have the letter E after the wattage.

You also have some which the bulbs are double ended, so they have DE on the box.

Then you have ones with different electric plugs, so have EU/UK or something on them.

Just got myself a Gavita Pro 1000e DE and EL2 Master Controller. :yahoo: Happy Christmas to me! :xmas::santa:

Edited by KingBlueRizla
3 people like this

Is the only difference about the e-pappilion the reflector? it looks better than the other 1000w ballast kits

@@Manali bliss - No idea about the e-pappilion lights, sorry man.

Did you get el2 for the aux contacts and were they included with the controller.@kbr

@@icki - I went for the EL2 as it can do 2 rooms. When one goes on, the other goes off. Provided I like it, I plan on getting another Gavita for my other tent in the new year, so thought I should get the better controller now. The controller came with a power cable, 2 temp probes and 2 cables to connect to the lights. Doubt I will use the controller to control my grow heating and stuff, as its already set to a separate thermostat.

i thought EL1 did 40l lights, EL2 80 lights.The only difference i thought was the aux contacts and amount of lights.

Probably wrong it was 6 months back now i was on the verge off buying still am.

:santa:

It can do 80 ballasts, 40 on each circuit. As it has 2 circuits, you can have 80 in one room, or 2x40 when on alternating 12/12. EL2 also has has an alarm function, doubt I shall use that myself.

I like the sound of the solistek ballasts... do you still need to use a contactor with them?