Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marvellous_Mark

When to use the most light in the Flowering

Hello all,

I wanted to ask at what stage during flower do my plants need the most light to maximise yield? I currently veg under between 300w-450w hps but I'm ready to go to flower soon and will using two 600w lights.

The reason I ask is I want to obviously yield as much as possible whilst keeping the lighting costs in check. I know some people the moment they go to 12/12 go straight to the bigger powerful lights but I just thought are the needed straight away? Could I just use a single 600w for the first couple weeks and then bring in more lights when the flowering really starts to kick in? I'm in a dr120 with 2 century digital ballasts that can be set to either 300w, 450w, 600w and super lumens.

Cheers

1 600w HPS should cover a 1.2 MSQ space reasonably well, Enough to get a full canopy at least. I would add the 2nd light at week 5.

Edited by iWeed

I would say increase the light as soon as possible, as the plants will photosynthesise faster with more light anyway, which will increase yield as well because the plants will put that energy into growing in other ways, like making stems stronger, making more stems, etc, but especially when the flowers start growing, so around week 3 of flower is when they need full sun to bud up nicely, strain dependent again. Think about it in nature - the sun gets stronger as it goes from spring to summer.

Edited by LightCycle
1 person likes this