Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hector 1804

Germination of fem seed

22 posts in this topic

How do guys, In the past I've lost hundreds of £££ worth of DP fem seeds. I would like to no how others are doing it. DP replaced my last lot (thanks guys) I have another 10 the ultimate fems.

any help would be toppa chaps

hec

I like to do an overnight soak in plain tepid water then straight into the dirt.

2 people like this

I used to soak. But lately. Straight into pots of soil..

Done 14 straight into pots last Friday. Some were up and away by saturday evening. all 14 were up by Sunday.

When I soak um, they are up no quicker than that.

Straight into medium. No fekkin about... ;)

Edited by HazyDaze
2 people like this

@@Embryo

I've just done that with some Green Poison but then in to a damp paper towel.

When you do it your way are you wetting your coco/soil just the once prior to dropping your seed in yes? or fill your pot drop in the seed water then leave till she pops up adding no more water? Cheers for your time Em.

HEC

1 person likes this

I can germ any FEM seed but DP is for some reason nivver work for me nothing but shit result ive had to go with double the amount to get my ten. This time tho it is not going to muck up as i only have the 15 but want to only do ten i will probs put them in in about 3 weeks time as the Green Poison are the 6wk fasties

I pre wet my compost and then leave til after sprouting to water again.

If it dries out before sprouting then I put some water in the tray so they can bottom feed otherwise I've found if you are a bit heavy handed then you can mess things up by top watering

1 person likes this

@@Embryo

Thanks my m8. I,m just going to give it a go like that then by-pass the paper towel this time round.

HEC

1 person likes this

Root riots or moist pot of coco or compost

never understood this pre soaking malarkey

5 people like this

I save my root riots for clones now. I use the paper towel method then straight into compost for seed.

1 person likes this

Hey mate,

I drop them in to a glass of water over nite, (12hrs)

Then place them between moist kitchen paper,

And then into do a dvd box and stick them on top of my sky box

usually takes between 12-24hrs.. (tap root appears)

I use small rock wool cubes to transfer them in to,

Once they have rooted these out, its in to the coco....

Atb :upside:

2 people like this

@@superx

Now super that's the way I've always done it and never failed bar the odd one or two. But hear is the but..........when I've spent a lot of £££ on DP seeds last time i was furious mate as DP had to replace all the seeds that i bought from Herbies but were DP own the ultimate seeds in there original packing not fuked with and not only 2-3 came out. Now it was nice of Tony to replace them as they were bought elsewhere but what got me was the email or should i say PM Tony sent when he said by direct from us and not others? Now that suggest he has no confidence with his re-sellers or something else is up? I've got ,more the ultimate hear that i want to do but don't want to lose and i no peeps will say if ya had probs before why go back.....and so on but i really lyk the strain and why shouldn't i buy what i like and want i just don't want them to fuck up and i just seems everywhere you look on the net DP fems are getting some very very bad reviews.

Hec

ps can i just say also he gave me a pack of surprise mix as a gift after replacing the others and surprise surprise what would you no..................1 out of the 5 have a tap root the others look lyk they have had a drought!!!!! fuking impossible as I've taken fucking all the care and precautions in the world....pissed off

Edited by hector 1804

ive grown about 40 DP seeds mate all Orangebud 30 fems 10 regs no problems at all even after being in the fridge for over a year

eta

soaked in a glass of water for a couple of hour then put in a jiffy pellet

Edited by Jimboo
1 person likes this

@@Jimboo

wish i could say same Jimboo ganna take a pic of theses surprise mix to mate look really really dried out........unreal

I,m not doing nothing different no change in routine nowt m8

HEC

@@Jimboo

wish i could say same Jimboo ganna take a pic of theses surprise mix to mate look really really dried out........unreal

I,m not doing nothing different no change in routine nowt m8

HEC

could you get a mate to germ them for you?,just to they pop their heads up

1 person likes this

@@Jimboo

lose lips sink even the biggest ships.....you no that big fella lol