Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Comrade Stoker

Fermented Food Recipes and Techniques

333 posts in this topic

Joolz has kindly agreed to pin this topic. I think this could serve as a place for all Fermented Food recipes. I'm all excited about fermenting stuff and I want to share these ideas, as do others here.

13 people like this

Evangelise brother !

1 person likes this

Great idea. I'm just about to start my first Sauerkraut thanks to this topic and the general enthusiasm :)

NC

3 people like this

Evangelise brother !

Thats it my friend, onward!

I did the carrots on Sunday, with slices of garlic in the bottom of the jar. Its fermenting like mad, I have to burp it every few hours and each time there is a massive hiss.

2 people like this

My sauerkraut is going strong smells abit like coleslaw.

2 people like this

some fermented goodness from my fridge, a pickle mix, kimchi, beetroot sauerkraut and cucamelon gherkins (home grown)

med_gallery_6671_4461_437515.jpg

15 people like this

I did the carrots on Sunday, with slices of garlic in the bottom of the jar. Its fermenting like mad, I have to burp it every few hours and each time there is a massive hiss.

have you had anything explode on you yet? its pretty cool when you can actually see activity taking place in the jars. watching raisins and berries ferment in water kefir aint a million miles away from watching a fish tank, they dart around in all directions.

1 person likes this

@Shogun good work sir. Is that beetroot and cabbage or just beetroot?

OK tell us about it, how does it work, what do you do, is it good for you...

3 people like this

I eat a lot of brown rice, and was reading recently that if you eat it as a staple you should ferment it for 24hrs at room temperature in water before cooking. Then save a small (5 or 10 %) amount of the liquid (which contains an organic acid) to add to the water it is cooked in. This is to make the minerals in the rice available to your digestion. White rice doesnt need it.

6 people like this

Is that beetroot and cabbage or just beetroot?

cabbage and beetroot mate

3 people like this

I see no recipes and I got beets going off! Also I've got a real hard-on to try Kimchi

@@Wiggles41

Kimchi is really nice, if you like pickled onions and other strange pickled eats you will like it.

I once made some myself and thought I would make a fair bit just so I could munch on it when I liked.

So the recipe recommend 1 Chinese cabbage, but instead I used 3 and x3 for all other ingredients, I ended up making the whole thing in a mop bucket :chef:

I had some much of this fucking Kimchi after a few weeks of sitting in the fridge he really started to cure !

When I opened the fridge it smelt like somebody had really let off a bad fart and ended up chucking it !

@@Wiggles41

Kimchi is really nice, if you like pickled onions and other strange pickled eats you will like it.

I once made some myself and thought I would make a fair bit just so I could munch on it when I liked.

So the recipe recommend 1 Chinese cabbage, but instead I used 3 and x3 for all other ingredients, I ended up making the whole thing in a mop bucket :chef:

I had some much of this fucking Kimchi after a few weeks of sitting in the fridge he really started to cure !

When I opened the fridge it smelt like somebody had really let off a bad fart and ended up chucking it !

lol those South Koreans won't even go up into space without the stuff and I saw the hairy bikers going on about it and, well, I've just gotta try the stuff