Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheRussian

Failing to get any smelly buds! Help.

Hi, getting good yield and effects, but simply failing to get any smell from the buds. Have grown NL, ruderalis indica, ak48 and power africa, got a strawberry blue half way in flower now and hoping to get some smell from the cured bud this time.

Growing as SOG under 150w of cfl in 3gal of soil, temps between 20 and 25, humidity I can't get lower than 63% and harvesting after 20% amber trichromes, flushed 10 days or so.

Drying for 4 days in 70% humidity then paper bag for a day and curing in jars. Any ideas? Cheers.

I'd say the trouble is because you're using a cfl to flower your plants. :) They just don't have the intensity to produce top quality stinky flowers imo. 3 gallon pots seem a tad on the large side too, did you pot up in stages?

:yinyang:

3 people like this

Sounds like they need to dry for longer before you jar them.

Yeah I started in a 3litre or so then into the 3gal about a week before 12/12, I'm saving up for a better setup of hids but cfl is all I have for now.

Will try a longer dry this time round, see if it helps. Cheers guys.

1 person likes this

yeah I'd say combination of flowering under cfl and not drying long enough,atb @gwubba

1 person likes this

its your humidity, i had the same problem till i put a dehumidifier in my room, i now get readings 48to54, huge differance..

1 person likes this

Got a 60w degumidifier running 24/7, can't really get a bigger one or a second one due to the noise and location of it. Might try repositioning it, see if it makes a difference.

Get a hid like you say, mega difference, but props due for persistence!

Get some headband, you dont even need to dry it to smell it, it reeks ;)

I had humidity over 80% for a long period in flower and my plants smell the same as it was in lower humidity, light leaks and temps are hole another matter ,two of above cost me few grows.

4 days dry is wet, dry at least 7-10 days before jaring anything up to 2 or 3 weeks , depending on bud density.If you jar wet cannabis it just wont smell as it should.

Get some pictures of your flowering plants if you have.

1 person likes this

just go get yo'self a HPS

The light won't affect the terpene's!?

It's your drying technique and your choice of strain mate.

Most your choices are low odour varietys and jarring them up too early totally kills the odour to a musty weed smell imo (which will cure out but takes alot longer than if dried properly first)

They need to hang until the branches snap not bend, then jar.

So 7-10 days then jar.

Grow some skunks and see how they go on with smell!

Sorry mate i missed the part where you say to use clf bulb, gwubba is righ i would go and get 250w hps , that will give you better bud and bigger yield IMO,and its 100w more then you use now.

Tapering off food later (lower it a week before then a few feeds of water if that) helps to give more stink. Also slowing the drying down (7-14 days at 16-20c) before bagging or jarring makes it honk better ime.