Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frantic Grower

Hash for TASTE

32 posts in this topic

Ever-faithful 420,

As guerilla harvest time has arrived, I want to make some hash/bubble/oil....whatever. I've done a couple of bubble runs in the past, which I find a bit time consuming for the amount of product, and rarely do I end up with a product as tasty as say a good quality Super Pollen I get from NL for example.

What I'm looking for are informed suggestions for making the best TASTING extraction product. It doesn't need to be the purest, or the strongest as it's not medicinal....but I want to know what you guys think is the tastiest result.

Cheers!

Frantic.

Dry sift I reckon will be your best bet.

9 people like this

I agree

crackpot

Dry sieve retains the most terpenes and flavonoids :wub: All other types of water, ice, co2 and solvent extractions interfere with the flavour profiles to varying degrees. :geek:

:yinyang:

3 people like this

Dry sift has more taste than bubble. Something is lost in the water with bubble I find.

Taste can be affected by contaminants, so purer is tastier I find.

Whatever you decide to make, do a first extraction using minimal shaking/mixing, as this will give you some great hash.

2 people like this

Thanks for the responses guys. Dry sift is the way to go it seems.
Can I do this with mixed buds and trim? I take it the material needs to be dried first?

Any one ever tried it with dry ice and frozen or dried 'erb?

Fully dried for dry sift. You can freeze it once it is dried of you want to, it will make the trichomes britle but thats only going work until it thaws, which will be quickly.

I would recomend saving a small ammount to try a bho run. Pulls some great flavour profiles.

2 people like this

Dry sift + bho = tasty tasty jelly hash

3 people like this

Ideally thats what Id like to do - dry sift and BHO - i think that's the best option for max yield achievable, but - I worry about BHO - safety of the process (especially as I don't have outdoor access), and contaminants in final product due to my lack of experience.... worth a go i guess!

Thanks guys!

Always extract with solvents outside, it really isn't worth blowing up a building for a slab of oil. No matter how big the slab is. :D

5 people like this

Yeah, dry sift is probably your best bet, but using dry ice will increase the amount of contaminant in your sift, which will have a negative effect on the flavour. It might be worth doing for the second or third run though. Just use a gentle hand (on very dry trim) for the best results.

Also, just to add a slightly different opinion, i think the most flavourful hit of weed I've ever smoked was undried bubble hash, made with a 3 minute wash using fresh frozen trim. It still had that intense live plant smell that seems to be lost during drying.

Edited by rastakolnikov
2 people like this

I'll echo what others have said, dry-sift wins for taste, with BHO not far behind.

Sift it all first, then BHO what's left. But only if you can do it outside. If not cook with what's left after the sifting :yep:

I always mix a spoonful of dry sift in with my bubble (ice) hash , it puts the flavours back into it and makes for a mighty fine smoke :-)

2 people like this

Always extract with solvents outside, it really isn't worth blowing up a building for a slab of oil. No matter how big the slab is. :D

I reckon i could be talked into blowing up somebody else's building for a slab of Jiffa's oil.

I'd probably even clean my rig for the first dab lol

2 people like this

As has been said. Bubble although good. Looses taste from the water.

A carefully made dry sift will give you what you are after.