Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mrs R

Growing for my Son <3

260 posts in this topic

wishing Lloyd well from us lot Mrs R - good luck with the mri, will keep our fingers crossed for you - but sounds like you're totally making your own luck ;)

1 person likes this

I got a worried call from his partner today as he doubled his dose and had effects for the first time, he was feeling quite anxious and had tingling down his right side (the side affected by his brain tumour) He also said it felt like when he was going to have a seizure so understandably worried. I got him to take the citicoline and it worked, with a bit of reassurance that he was ok and I left him giggling like a loon :)

I think the 'body high' sort of buzz is not the best thing for him but if we can get the dose up slower instead of going overboard he may be ok with it. He said before he began to feel better 'sorry Mum I can't do this' :( He also said why the fu*k do people do this for fun? but an hour later he was ok. I'm still a bit anxious and 'on call' but hope he stays positive now.
I do think its different using it for brain cancer as its all in your head :?

Feeling a bit down hearted today :( He was doing so well but the 3rd round of chemo started Monday, he was fine untill Wednesday when we had the blip but since then he has been very nauseous, tired and had 2 seizures yesterday :(

I am sure its because of the dosage and we need to get it right but there is so much conflicting information out there ?

I have been talking to an American couple who swear by 'tacking' small amounts stuck to the lower gum (mucous membrane) apparently this goes straight to the CB1 receptors so it can be distributed where needed and does not get you high :/ and you get more in your system so need less. so similar to sticking it up your bum.

I am beginning to appreciate pharmacologists a bit more because most meds are sorted to dose and amount of active ingredients. Starting blind with your own crop and methods of extraction all have an influence and make it difficult to start with and then lots of different information about whether high thc or high CBD are best for certain conditions.

Also treating cancer and epilepsy has thrown some more confusion into the pot :fear:

I will keep researching :bangin:

3 people like this

I've been reading now for a couple years and learn new things every day.

When you read things over and over, they finally start to fit in and make some sense. There is a TON of info on this and hard to find exactly what you want. Simple questions take a lot of research. Nice to have people around to help out.

Keep at it.

2 people like this

Thanks gb1 and mojo :)

I have asked this question on other forums etc to see if anyone has the answer........

I would love to hear from anyone treating epilepsy re dosage amount and whether high THC or high CBD. I have read so much conflicting info and would rather hear from people experiencing it than all the scientific stuff. My adult son has a brain tumour and epilepsy as a result, the cancer is confusing to treat along with the epilepsy, some say high THC others high CBD or a balance of both. Some people swear by 'tacking' putting it on your gums, most ingest but the tacking fans say that doesn't work or can make it worse others stick it up their bum lol

Then there is dosage, do you really need a gram a day? some say thats old news for strains that are 4 times as potent now. That means you have to do maths! and work it out via the potency of the strain 60 grams was based on (Charlottes Web) but there is no info on the thc/cbd content of that, that I can find. Or you can go with the clinical trials on mice which was 7.5mg per kilo of 1;1 thc cbd or if you only have thc 1.5g per kilo????
Can anyone out there make sense of it all? x x x

Hoping to get a reply from someone experienced in the complications of treating 2 diseases side by side. I will post here if I get a useful response :)

In other news........

I am running out of the first batch of oil I made and have been asking around for weeks, at the weekend an old friends daughter (she passed away a few years back) got in contact and had some Train Wreck. It was only just ready to harvest but I got £600 from various family and friends and bought 4oz, of course it was very wet and by the time I dried it there was only 26 grams *-* I told her that wasn't a good deal and she gave me a bin bag full of trimmings. Wow I can't believe they were going to bin this stuff! loads of flowers, some an inch long? It took me a while to trim it all up and after drying I now have 5 oz of super dry bud :)

3rd batch of oil is cooking today :)

Edited by Mrs R
6 people like this

More positive vibes from the hazy household Mrs R!!

kind regards hd

1 person likes this

Little disappointing that someone would ell you wet bud bud 5 Oz. for 600 is great. Glad it came good for you!

Stick with it @@Mrs R, you're doing a sterling job!

If you're looking to increase your yields I'd consider a scrog set up. Maybe in DWC (deep water culture). Not as fancy or complicated as it sounds!

Good luck mrs R!! :yep:

Regarding the 60 grams a day ting. all i can say is just get him to consume as much as he can handle is my advice.

citicoline can help stop the stoned feeling sure i mentioned it befor?

The person that sold you less than an ounce for £600 wants a good slap! :angry:

peace. :smokin:

Edited by mrchang
5 people like this

Little disappointing that someone would ell you wet bud bud 5 Oz. for 600 is great. Glad it came good for you!

Stick with it @@Mrs R, you're doing a sterling job!

If you're looking to increase your yields I'd consider a scrog set up. Maybe in DWC (deep water culture). Not as fancy or complicated as it sounds!

Thanks Snowziff, I just learned today what scrog is, thought it was trimmings lol I have been looking at 'wilma'? too but that will all have to wait till after Christmas as the £600 has wiped me out.

To be fair I pushed her into selling it to me just cut as I need it and she was surprised as I was at how little was left after I dried it and it is super dry and wouldn't be sold that dry normally. She gave me 4 1/2 oz of wet pure bud and the bin bag had easily 15oz in it and probably more tiny bits that I still need to go through before they go mouldy so I am happy with the 5oz I have. It goes for £230 an oz here so she dropped that to £200 to start with.

Right I nearly have everything together for this batch, I am going to decarb as per Jiffas instructions in the oil bath this timsure I do it right :)e so need to read it all again just to make

2 people like this

DSCF0003s

Yep 15oz hidden in here :)

Just a thought what do people usually do with their off cuts, dead leaves etc?

chuck it or make hash or oil normally :yep:

chuck it or make hash or oil normally :yep:

I meant where do you chuck it afterwards lol

In your own bin? neighbours? council tip lol

I have another question re the oil making, can I strain it with muslin? I am sure someone said I could and then someone said no :/ just forgot what the reason was.

Also would you use plastic funnels?

I meant where do you chuck it afterwards lol

In your own bin? neighbours? council tip lol

All of the above other than my bin. :D

My go to method is breaking/choppin up as fine as poss and taking down the local wooded area. May as well go back to nature imo.

Not made oil myself so couldn't advice you on that one. I've read cheese cloth works. Guessing opinions will divided on the plastic but glass or ceramic would be best if you're a puritan. Got a ceramic one here. Cost 5 quid from weebay. If you wanted you could line the funnel anyway. Tinfoil maybe? I dunno, I'm just musing. Don't take my advise. ;):clown:

Edited by Snowziff