Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mrs R

Growing for my Son <3

260 posts in this topic

Lloyd's funeral will be on the 25th at 3.15pm please light a smoke or a candle for him at 3.45pm so we can send him home with all this Love.

I was at work @ 3:45 so I'm having one now in his memory.

:smoke:

I hope everything went as best it could do for you today x.

1 person likes this

I feel you in my heart when I am quiet, when I am not wallowing in the sadness and pain of it all. That will fade but the Joy of you will be with me for the rest of my life. When I am not busy missing you I feel you here and it's so lovely to feel your laughter and Love. You taught me some very special lessons Lloyd it's all in our hearts if we look there. I Love you so much more than days, occasions and time. You are the most amazing soul I could ever have been so blessed to Love x x x

Edited by Mrs R
13 people like this

Best wishes for 2016 Mrs R :)

1 person likes this

Bless you Mrs R :hug:.

Gumbo.

1 person likes this

Apparently, though I don't watch it, Eastenders has a storyline about brain tumours at the moment. A lot of people, suffering the disease, are understandably upset that they chose to say ' don't worry, you'll be fine, it might be benign' My sons was 'benign' it is not fine! A lot of people, including my family have to deal with this ignorance and it makes it very hard and another reason why people need counselling to deal with all the issues involved and there is no help whatsoever through normal channels sooo

We have set up a charity within brainstrust called 'Lloyd's Legacy' to fund counselling for people affected by brain tumours. Lloyd was just a month away from graduating a four year degree in counselling when he was diagnosed with an astrocytoma and could no longer see clients due to the resulting epilepsy. He found it hard to get counselling for himself through his illness and we thought it only fitting, and it seems less of a waste of his years of studying, to do something to help change that.

I hope it's ok with admin and site rules to post this in case anyone would want to help us raise funds Text LLYD55 £2 (or any amount)

to 70070

Edited by Mrs R
9 people like this

Forgive my ignorance Mrs R, but as you bought it up, what's the misunderstanding with benign tumors? I have to admit I've always assumes benign tumors to be nothing more than a removable lump (simply speaking). Is that not the case? Or is it more about it's location? I guess it's harder to remove a growth on/in the brain.

I was sorry to read that Lloyd succumbed to his illness! He was lucky to have a Mum prepared to cut through public misconceptions and try all possibilities.

No worries, I imagine everyone thinks the same @@Snowziff My sons was benign but it still killed him :/ As you say it's harder, often impossible, to remove and also in a very confined place, causes blindness, seizures and swelling that kills and lots of other horrible symptoms. No one would say a stroke is benign and it's a tiny thing compared to a tumour.

Thanks for asking and the kind words x x x

4 people like this

Thanks to 'Mr H' for the donation, very much appreciated x x x

Thank you 'Anonymous' :) It really does lift our hearts every time a donation is made in Lloyd's name <3 to think that he can still do good things even though he is not with us stops the tears for a while x x x

Thank you lambrettats1 <3 It really means so much, not just me but his brothers, my husband, my 81 year old Mum.... she is having her first tattoo next week :) It inspires us to keep going Thank you x x x

You are more than welcome. If I could do more I would. Ts1

1 person likes this

Just wanted to say I only just found this forum and this was the first diary thread I read. The love and dedication you have shown for your son is inspirational. Some people go through life without ever experiencing that love, so even though your son is young he has lived a fuller life than many.

Just wanted to say that your words ''Some people go through life without ever experiencing that love, so even though your son is young he has lived a fuller life than many. '' touched us all so much it was part of his eulogy and will also be part of his charity <3 It's true but I didn't realise that until you said it. Really appreciate where your heart was coming from Thank you!

Edited by Mrs R
2 people like this

I am still not 'gifted' in using this place but many of you have been a gift to me @@Tony Montana, My greenmoJo, GB1, superdeputy, loads! and all of you that have shown me, without doubt, that humanity and kindness resides in you lot! Love you all x xx