Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Loam Gnome

Autos are shite...

1,181 posts in this topic

@The Sheriff of Nottingham

Wwxxl, really?  Again mine are shite compared to normal Dinafem WWa.  I would recommend the normal auto over the XXL any day of the week.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, SaladBar said:

@The Sheriff of Nottingham

Wwxxl, really?  Again mine are shite compared to normal Dinafem WWa.  I would recommend the normal auto over the XXL any day of the week.

I ran both the original and XXL version this year, and my XXL came out much bigger and certainly looks more crystallised, but I have heard a few people now say the original is better than the XXL, so I guess it probably has to be. But the WW XXL I ran last year was my best, strongest auto of 2016... and my Critical+ 2.0 has been my best auto this season (2017), which is why I mentioned them both being the best two UK outdoor autos that I have seen, plus Scrapheap cowboys one. I mean his is a THC demon. It's all relevant, to what I have grown out in recent seasons. I am definitely getting more impressed and happy with autos with each passing year though...

I had some ww xxl's out this year, hung in trees actually with rope,  a little like your hanging baskets @the sherrif of Nottingham.. They were small but so were the pots and effort. But i gave one to a neighbour and she's got a bit of a suntrap garden but the finished product was very nice. Not couchlock but racy and thought provoking and it looked like indoor bud but not very big buds (small pots) so if people are saying the normal auto ww is a bit better then that's the way I'll be going next season.. 

Waw some of these autos are spot on!! Ill definitely have to go through this feed again when it comes to purchasing for next year! If i could recommend any it would be Magnum autos! Nothing to fault, good to grow.. Even better to smoke! large.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeglarge.image.jpeg

11 people like this

I'd rather run a regular photo period bean 12/12 from seed than grow autos again. Better product, shorter turnaround, less lighting costs. 

1 person likes this

If i was going for the best of the best id use lights too! But im GH growing so cost and turn around aint an issue :thumsup:

Auto's are great for getting finished outdoors before soggy August comes along with the threat of mould.. Imagine waiting from April -may to September -October only to find your crop is mouldy.. Fuck that for a game of soldiers.. 

1 person likes this

Autos are still shit.

large.DSC05825.JPG

17 minutes ago, Key said:

Autos are still shit.

large.DSC05825.JPG

i think its your growing thats shit. lol you leave seeds in seed trays for weeks by the looks of it, in a box,with slugs in, and then call them shit. lol 

if you planted them out, or potted them up weeks ago, and had copper tape around the stems to stop slugs you would have a good crop end of summer....

12 people like this

try potting them up for christ sake. then they may bounce back, ive had cuts look worse than that, after feeding/ spraying them with seaweed extract and a good pot up into good fluffy soil, and they will grow. you cant just leave them in seed trays with a inch of root space and expect any plant to grow. never mind auto's they are finicky about potting up as it is, we all know with auto's you have to leave them in your root riots or seed trays about a week max, then into a good 5l pot of soil, or plant them out with protection from rabbits, n shit and copper tape around your stems to stop the slugs getting onto your plants..:yep:

1 person likes this

lollollol

Yea that's my season over now then. I would have needed a truck to harvest 45 reg autos 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, smokie1 b c f c said:

i think its your growing thats shit. lol you leave seeds in seed trays for weeks by the looks of it, in a box,with slugs in, and then call them shit. lol 

if you planted them out, or potted them up weeks ago, and had copper tape around the stems to stop slugs you would have a good crop end of summer....

lollollol

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

sorry @Key didn't mean to come across like a twat being cocky,:yinyang: but you merked them poor auto's by the looks of it. then slate them. lol 

if you aint killed them plant them out, its a weed after all and will take off after a few weeks of being planted out, ive had worse looking plants than that that i have planted out and they ended up being trees come croptober. or end of summer for the auto's, normally get a oz to 2 oz a plant from summer auto's in 7.5l pots of soil in the uk. :smokin:

Edited by smokie1 b c f c
2 people like this

lol

1 person likes this

here are a few pics of my auto's i grew with some photo strains on 12/12 flowering for crimbo smokey. they are dutch passion auto colorado cookies, there a cross of a auto blueberry and girl scout cookies. tasted great with a nice blueberry candy, smell and taste. i must admit that when auto's first came out they were crap in the first lowrider days, i think i got about 3 joints from 2 x packs of lowrider 2's lol now there allot bigger plants that yield more, and have a great taste, and are loaded with thc more than some photo strains. for a quick crop outdoors in summer time, or indoors in with your vegging plants for early smoke auto's are great, plus for a crapy climate like ours auto's or semi auto's/ fast versions are great to ensure a good crop of buds end of summer. auto's dont like being in small pots for longer than a week, they grow stunted if left in trays or small pots. best to pot up a week after germing them, and water on a wet/ dry cycle. :yinyang:

these auto cookies i grew out performed great considering they were on 12/12 and not on the 18/6 or 20/4 that auto's grow best with. im gonna pop a couple in with my vegging girls to have a early smoke when the photo strains go to flower. 

in a nutshell auto's aint crap, not no more anyhow. there just a little fussy on pot size, and need a wet dry cycle to help them fill there roots, to fill there boots, as we al know more roots, the more fruits. just my 2p. lol 

large.IMG_0417.JPG

large.IMG_0418.JPGlarge.5a2a7ad553230_GSCAUTO.JPG

7 people like this