Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loam Gnome

Autos are shite...

695 posts in this topic

So this is the thing with autos. THEY ARE SHIT! :furious: Frequently no mold resistance. If you look at the more experienced growers on the site you will see they have little time for autos and it is largely because they are shite. Controversial but still, shite. The extra ruderalis genes make them a weaker smoke too, not to mention the tiny yields as befits miniature plants. Its incredible the seeds are the same price as photo plants. I know its all about the early smoke and I had decent results in 2012 of all soaking wet years. It was a slugocalypse and just rained and rained. I was surprised to witness Sour 60 seeds I was given by a fellow GG (bred by MDanzig) totally smashing it. There will be the odd one come along. However I really don't think autos are worth it. The smoke from the Sour 60 was way weaker thanKC 36 or Easy sativa.

Read a few recent posts abound rotting autos. This is one of the driest summers ever but just wait one or two storms and the stupid crap autos will nearly all be turning to mush....

If you are gonna get out and do prep and take that risk then grow some thoroughbred monsters instead I say. I mean just look at how superior KC 36 and P Maroc are as examples. I am not running any autos this year thank fuck and will not again. :smug:

Oh I know I will go do a load of back breaking work and take risks just to grow some tiny, weak, mold prone, extortionate abberations of nature.

I am too impatient to wait for the sun so I will get some 'automatic weed'... super, semi, ultra, uber, HYPER-autos that are far better than silly old patience...

Auto = impatience!

Some will say photos grow too big for my garden/ balcony, um Helloooo this is why it is Guerilla Growing because its not in your garden or on your balcony! That is the great benefit of the wild places whether between industrial units and trains tracks or right out in the sticks. So you can go grow some potent monsters.... Thing is Loamy there is literally NOWHERE to grow around here for full size plants. Umm just look properly or widen your territory.

But I can't be arsed/too busy. So just 'man up' a bit..., stop wingeing and go do it for fucks sake.

Autos = Laziness!

The breeders are laughing their tits off. Buy them twice in a season! Buy more to get a higher overall yield! :russian:

Autos = stupidity!

And the prize for being Impatient, Lazy and Stupid is.....

'YOU THINK AUTOS ARE GREAT WHEN THEY ARE ACTUALLY SHIT'

...please re read that last line at least 7 times out loud.

.... autos :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What a load of wank... lol

Edited by Loam Gnome
38 people like this

whats your point mate?

27 people like this

lol

3 people like this

Feel better now @@Loam Gnome?

For the most part i totally agree, however there does seem to be one or two worth doing however i don't bother. Lesson learned with lowryder years ago.

1 person likes this

Yeah I really do. Thanks 420 for hearing that. :D

2 people like this

For all the hype and advice in the world we constantly find it is all contradictory. I agree auto's do at first look appear to have less resistance to mould as I discovered recently myself.

Auto's aren't all about impatience, some people prefer 5 crops a year to 3, to each their own.

I am going to try an auto project starting in about 2-3 weeks once my current grow is coming to a close. I will find out for myself whether autos are any good or not once and for all :)

IMG 20140711 103753

Fair play mate but you must be talking indoor right?

Sorry yes, indoor, not outdoor, bit too damp in England this year it seems.

hang on...I know that brand of moaning, frustration, anger etc....was I married to you?

13 people like this

@@Loam Gnome

Now you have vented mate I have a question for you.........

So my question is .......What do you think of autos? lol

:)

Edited by Master Kush
3 people like this

@@Sweetestgreen lol

Thing is the whole culture of guerilla autos is an elaborate brain wash/ fake it till you make it gambit for the breeders.

2 people like this

If you can have them nearby and check them regularly it's not a bad pastime . Sour 60 are decent ,and there are others that'll do well . I had an amnesia auto with a proper bud last year ,even less ruderalis like than the sour 60 . It's all a gamble anyway . I guess they'd do a lot better in Spain or California .

2 people like this

@@Loam Gnome

Now you have vented mate I have a question for you.........

So my question is .......What do you think of autos? lol

:)

Mate autos are the mutz nutz Innit....
Why bother going to so much trouble and wait for sooooo long as you do with Guerilla growing photo plants when you can just get some of the latest super bred genetic technology In your garden and have some nice early smoke... Its a no brainer really... lol

1 Guy on here is doing really well on autos, Ridgie, his bubblegum is amazing, grew tall and green then started flowering think at 3ft tall, he'll ghet a few oz off her.

Mine are shite Loam, Clay soil and hardle no sun is bad for autos plus ya right few thunder storms and boom mould hits them. pure shite!! I myself will be stick to Semi autos, Hacks & Photos like Purple Maroc and so forth.

End of for me ranting. But Plot 4 on the other hand is doing amazing for the autos, must be down to the soil and sun there. I think i'll still skip them next seasons.

1 person likes this

some people prefer 5 crops a year to 3, to each their own.

:unsure: I'm not sure what you mean mate? An organised indoor grower can easily crop 5 times a year with regular photoperiod plants. :yep: I agree with Loam Gnome.. Fuck auto's in both ears! Shite genetics which you can't clone means you're just a cash-cow to breeders. :eek: Do you like being milked?

:yinyang:

12 people like this