Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mental Chops

XL or Standard Carbon Filter for Etaline?

21 posts in this topic

Hi 420,

I am running an Etaline 8' intake (920m3/hour) and an Etaline 10' extractor (1750m3/Hour).

My question is; what size carbon filter should I get?

Mountain Air 10' (1420m3/Hour) or Mountain Air 10' XL (1850m3/Hour).

Should the m3/hour of the carbon filter exceed the m3/hour of the extractor to maintain negative pressure and not to put too much strain on the extractor fan?

Cheers all,

Mental

I'd get a 12" filter to help reduce noise and work well
eta thats the fan set up i'll be using, currently just got an 8" etaline

Edited by ismokepot

yo @@Mental Chops

I use the 8" etaline with a 200/600 Rhino, had no problems with it.

atb hari

Xl

Mental chops u mind me askin the size of your space. Sounds bangin lol

Can I hijack your thread a little? Seems a shame to start a new one... I've got almost exactly the same question.

I ordered a 10" Ruck-iso-max 1500m3/h.... They've accidentally sent me the 2310m3/h. Ordinarily I would send it back but I've got a failed 10" exhaust fan which is why I next-day'd this one.

My question is, will a 12" Rhino be enough for a 2310m3/h fan? I'm sure I've read somewhere something about multi filter configs. I'm praying I don't have to do that. >.<

Don't mind me, answered my own question. Found a chart on an ebay auction.

You should always make sure your filter can handle more pull than the fan itself , ...I found that out the hard way by putting a 10inch 600mm carbon on a 1500cfm box fan and lasted one grow till I could smell weed outside ,.. later found out that the fan was too powerfull for the carbon and had rinsed it in one grow and was now sucking the smell straight through the filter ,...now I run a 10 inch x 1000mm carbon on all 1500 fans no problems ....

3 people like this

I ordered a 10" Ruck-iso-max 1500m3/h.... They've accidentally sent me the 2310m3/h. Ordinarily I would send it back but I've got a failed 10" exhaust fan which is why I next-day'd this one.

My question is, will a 12" Rhino be enough for a 2310m3/h fan?

I know you have your answer but just for other readers the 1000 x 315 diam rhino is good for 4000 m3/hr

2 people like this

hey bud, get the 10" mountain air although you extractor exceeds the rating of the filter , the filter rating is only a guide and they can handle more power, it does tell you this on the mountain air filters leaflet

For piece of mind i'd go for the CAN 150 with a 10" flange (2100 m³h).

1 person likes this

Filter Size Air Volume Fan Type

100 x 300 350 m3/hr 4" A1/L1 fan

125 x 300 500 m3/hr 5" Al/L1 fan

150 x 300 600m3/hr 6" A1 fan

150 x 600 900m3/hr 6" L1 fan

200 x 400 800m3/hr 8" A1 fan

200 x 600 1125m3/hr 8" L1 fan

250 x 600 1420m3/hr 10" A1/L1 fan

250 x 1000 1900m3/hr 10" A1/L1 fan

315 x 600 2440m3/hr 12" A1 / L1 fan

315 x 1000 3250m3/hr 12" L1 fan

TS

From rhino

Edited by The Sinner
1 person likes this

I use the 315\1000 with a 250mm etaline,heavy old filter but piece of mind.

Thanks for all the different advice!

I have pretty much decided to go for the mountain air 10' XL filter. I have found one on offer for £190 which I think is reasonable in comparison to the 12' which is around the £250 mark. I know I could maybe get more for my money from Rhino but from what I have read I would prefer to go for Mountain Air.

@ my groom is in the loft and measures 2.4m sq base meeting the apex to a point of 2.4m in height. I have built 150mm thick walls and ceiling using, celotex, kingspan, knauff loft insulation, plasterboard and a fair bit of wood for the framing. I hope that this will ensure stable temps all year round with the right ventilation and heating in winter. Also threw up some airtec double insulation across all the rafters to help with temps and light leaks too.

@@madharibo, hows your temps been in the warmer weather? Did you sort an active/passive intake ready for the summer?

@@High riser, out of interest when using the 12' filter with the 10' etaline how do you bridge the two together? With a reducer? Does this increase noise from the airflow?

Thanks again everyone!

Hope you have better luck with mountain air filters I run a few 12" and they where no where as good as rhino but have had a few dodgy rhinos before too.

TS