Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jest

Leaf yellowing

Ok so my little seedlings seem to be going a bit yellow. I've heard could be a N deficiency, nute lock out and some other things that aren't in my head right now.

I know I shouldn't be giving them nutes yet so I haven't, should I?

there isn't any curling of leaves.

I water them every second day until I see water start coming out the bottom. Maybe I should water every day?

2 out of 3 have this issue, the only one that didn't had some issues earlier on which seemed to sort itself out.

2014 06 26 16.09.12

2014 06 26 16.08.53

As you can see it's only effecting the lower leaves so far.

Anyway any veteran growers know what to do?

need info I've left out? just ask and I'll do what I can to answer.

Hey! What compost are they in ? Cos they look hungry to me, but I would have thought they would be ok for feed for a while in those pots judging how young the plants are! How dry do they get between waterings ? I'm probably not the best person to answer ur questions as I grow in coco and feed from the word go but I'll try :)

I'm just wondering if you are watering to often as this can cause yellowing but then again they usually look a lot more sorry for them selfs if this is the case (wilted n shit)

Also on top of that I'd probably rule out lockout unless ur water ph is way out of wack, do you know what is ?

Edited by Owderb

They are in Bio bizz all-mix soil, Ideally I would've started them in a light mix but I was strapped for cash at the time. I water them every 2nd day and occasionally once a day if it looks dry under the top layer of soil.

Maybe I am watering too often (every 2 days unless they look like they need it).

The PH is about 6.5 so I thats on point.

I had some temp issues up until tuesday as my extractor fan wasn't pulling enough heat out but I bought a larger fan and put the old exhaust at the intake to facilitate more cool fresh air inside and now the temps are hovering around 23 - 29c. occasionally gets higher when night time rolls in and the door gets closed as i have nothing but the room air going in at that point. (I have no windows, only a door otherwise it'll be open 24/7)

Maybe now that the temps are under control I'll see some improvement.

Edited by Jest

if the cotledons are yellow too they need feeding i would say 99%.

i would give them a good feed, like 2ml/l if you are using pm/bio-bizz.

just water them when the top 2cm or so is dry, if they are drying out too quickly, just put some damp cloth on top of the pots to stop them drying out, like a ripped up old t-shirt, put one ends of ripped up t-shirt in glass of water (cools your roots and raises humidity too).

i just try to aim my best to aim for 60% RH and 25c or something and they should grow themselves.

if the cotledons are yellow too they need feeding i would say 99%.

i would give them a good feed, like 2ml/l if you are using pm/bio-bizz.

just water them when the top 2cm or so is dry, if they are drying out too quickly, just put some damp cloth on top of the pots to stop them drying out, like a ripped up old t-shirt, put one ends of ripped up t-shirt in glass of water (cools your roots and raises humidity too).

i just try to aim my best to aim for 60% RH and 25c or something and they should grow themselves.

Yeah the cotyledons are yellowing actually. so I should water them on a daily basis perhaps? I'll give the damp cloth a go too as the RH is quite low (about 29 to 40% at best). would a towel be ok for this method?

also, what do you mean by pm/bio-bizz?

Edited by Jest

If they are in all mix then they won't need feeding. It could be that its the allmix is a bit too strong for your seedlings. That happens with some strains

Water with plain water at 20 degrees till its fully saturated then don't water again till the pot is around 70-80% dry then repeat

With temps also now more acceptable and air exchange better then you should see an improvement

Owd

2 people like this

If they are in all mix then they won't need feeding. It could be that its the allmix is a bit too strong for your seedlings. That happens with some strains

Water with plain water at 20 degrees till its fully saturated then don't water again till the pot is around 70-80% dry then repeat

With temps also now more acceptable and air exchange better then you should see an improvement

Owd

yeah I was told that about all-mix, thats why ideally I would've started in light-mix but alas was broke at the time.

So you think it was my out of whack temps causing the issue as well as the all-mix?

I'll keep you all posted on the developments as they occur.

Cheers, all info is appreciated greatly.

i think it's n def.

you know when you water - you do fully saturate the compost don't you and not trickle little bits on it ?

watering everyday is too frequent (hence asking the question above) i think.

29c is not piss take hot either imho

like your humidity must be 15% or something (???) to be drying out daily.

No worries dude :) I've never found low rh to cause any problems in my room. Usually when I start a new grow the humidity dosent even register on my meter but as the plants grow the rh increases, if ur worried u could get some of those domes but I don't think there is any need too. Follow owds advice and make sure u saturate the soil good and proper

All the best mate, let us know how you get on