Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pluggin

Scrubbing a sealed area to remove smells

20 posts in this topic

Hi all, just wondering in a sealed area how many times per minute should the grow room's air be scrubbed to eliminate odours? I've seen everything from scrubing the volume of the room once every 5 minutes up to 5 times a minute! If there's no rule of thumb does anyone have first-hand experience and would like to share?

Thanks!

A lot less than that I would've thought? S'long as the groom is properly sealed and under a slight negative pressure....?

Can't give you a definitive answer myself sorry mate, but I'm sure somebody can.

Be interested to know myself now tbh..

1 person likes this

I use 2 extracts and 2 intakes :oldtoker:

that didn't work lol external links? :unsure:

The one below is what you need.

Thanks General.

Edited by gb1

I thought the grow room tool calculated the number of air changes required to provide adequate co2?

Not to scrub a sealed room..

Thanks but it's not for changing air in an area but for a sealed system so it's just for circulating the air and keeping it in the room while removing odours. As there's no exhaust out of the room it's the only way to remove smells that might otherwise seep into surrounding areas..

So my guess is it will depend exactly how well sealed your sealed room is.

Thinking on it the smallest model rvk pulls what? 170m3h.

Figure your growspace is a 2x2x2m cube that's 8m3.

170/8=21.25?

21.25 complete scrubs per hour or 1 every 3ish minutes....How clean do you want it?

Have you thought about heat? I would hazard a guess that you would need to vent the groom to atmosphere periodically in order to combat heat and humidity peaks???

no exhaust you say???? :unsure:

Edited by gb1

Sealed rooms are more used in the hotter climates where they need to run air conditioners aren't they?

No point in venting all that expensively cooled air.

With CO2 suplimentation they have some good results.

Within the room fans and filters just scrub the air.

Not something I've overly looked into but I can see the advantage dealing with high temps.

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt

:sweaty:

using co2, No exhaust of the air out of the room, air-cooled reflectors though to keep the heat down, shoudn't be a need for aircon

So my guess is it will depend exactly how well sealed your sealed room is.

Thinking on it the smallest model rvk pulls what? 170m3h.
Figure your growspace is a 2x2x2m cube that's 8m3.
170/8=21.25?

21.25 complete scrubs per hour or 1 every 3ish minutes....How clean do you want it?

Have you thought about heat? I would hazard a guess that you would need to vent the groom to atmosphere periodically in order to combat heat and humidity peaks???

Say it's theoretically 100% sealed (for argument's sake), I want it completely clean, so there's no doubts! You reckon one every 3 minutes would do? More? Less? This is my first sealed room, I previously just vented the filtered smelly air outside the house but this time it's staying inside...

Edited by pluggin

I'm sure @@scraglor ran a sealed room, maybe he/she can help?

Edited by Embryo
1 person likes this

Ah ok i misunderstood the question

I'm sure @@scraglor ran a sealed room, maybe he/she can help?

Scraglor was still venting out when temps got too high so not using a carbon filter to remove smells