Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dinafem-Mark

Critical+ 2.0

66 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, WeedSurfer said:

I never measure the ec of the run off though, do you think I should start doing that? What run off ec should I be looking?

You should 100% be looking at the run-off mate it's one major way to see what your plants are actually taking up :)

There is a lot of very useful info on the benefits of measuring run-off and what readings you should be seeing throughout the grow ;)

I can't put a direct link here as it's to a secondary site so I'll pm you the link :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

1 person likes this

On 13/05/2019 at 2:28 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

You should 100% be looking at the run-off mate it's one major way to see what your plants are actually taking up :)

There is a lot of very useful info on the benefits of measuring run-off and what readings you should be seeing throughout the grow ;)

I can't put a direct link here as it's to a secondary site so I'll pm you the link :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Cheers for the link Mark. Ive just measured my run-off and it's reading EC 5.8 which seem bloody high to me! I'm two and a half weeks from harvest now so have just brought my nutes down to EC 1.7 from 2.4. After reading the article about run off it's sounds like mine is WAY too high but all the leaves on my plants seem fine and have only the very slightest nute burn on the tips so not sure what that's all about. I'll take reading of my run-off again tomorrow to see if it's any different.

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, WeedSurfer said:

Ive just measured my run-off and it's reading EC 5.8

That's super high mate, I think with that much built up feed in the medium I would swap out to just water. 

If you putting in say 1.5 e.c and test your run-off that should ideally much lower than what's going in, say 0.4 e.c run-off from 1.5 e.c going in. This let's you know the plant is taking up 1.1 e.c  :yep:

I would just water until you get a runoff reading of 1.4 e.c then start back in with a 1.2-1.5 e.c feed :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

That's super high mate, I think with that much built up feed in the medium I would swap out to just water. 

If you putting in say 1.5 e.c and test your run-off that should ideally much lower than what's going in, say 0.4 e.c run-off from 1.5 e.c going in. This let's you know the plant is taking up 1.1 e.c  :yep:

I would just water until you get a runoff reading of 1.4 e.c then start back in with a 1.2-1.5 e.c feed :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

What do you think would be the effects on the plants of having such a high reading from the run off? Wouldn't it show up on the leaves? Or could the plants look fine but the yield be reduced?

1 person likes this

On 15/05/2019 at 11:55 PM, WeedSurfer said:

What do you think would be the effects on the plants of having such a high reading from the run off? Wouldn't it show up on the leaves? Or could the plants look fine but the yield be reduced?

Typically we would be seeing some signs of overfeeding, posdible leaf tip burn etc :) are you not seeing any signs of overfeeding other than your high e.c levels? 

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

Have 2 on the go lost one here she is after 18 days.large.5d8e6d00a655e_Screenshot_20190927-210709_NeosSmartHome.jpg

1 person likes this