Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


Dinafem-Mark

Blue Cheese

101 posts in this topic

Great to hear @Dizzy1:yep:

 

All the best 

 

Mark..

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post


I appear to have been quite lucky in having small samples of good quality, well grown, decent strains lately. Given me a good indicator for my strain choices in my next gardening adventures

There will def be a cheese strain in there somewhere. I do like a good, balanced hybrid :)

Atb

Dizzy

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Alright 420 people's, just a quick one really, I grew out 4 out of a 5 pack of the blue cheese and 3 of them were a zesty lemon sort of pheno. Since reading the thread I now realise that this pheno is cropping up here and there, the remaining one smelt and tasted more of of the original cheese  but no sort of blue berry or blue cheese at all. My question is do you get a good representation of the proper blue cheese from dinafem? It's one of my all-time favourites and I would really like to get a good representation of the proper blue cheese. I will quickly add all the plants were super healthy and vigorous, so good genetics are obviously being used and the end result was primo.

 

Edited by runninwivscissors
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
On 17/03/2018 at 10:53 PM, runninwivscissors said:

Alright 420 people's, just a quick one really, I grew out 4 out of a 5 pack of the blue cheese and 3 of them were a zesty lemon sort of pheno. Since reading the thread I now realise that this pheno is cropping up here and there, the remaining one smelt and tasted more of of the original cheese  but no sort of blue berry or blue cheese at all. My question is do you get a good representation of the proper blue cheese from dinafem? It's one of my all-time favourites and I would really like to get a good representation of the proper blue cheese. I will quickly add all the plants were super healthy and vigorous, so good genetics are obviously being used and the end result was primo.

 

Hello my friend  :)

 

Last year we were getting this lemon pheno from our blue cheese which was more like haze than cheese. So I took this to the boss and yes the blueberry genetics can create this lemon pheno but it's quite rare :bong:

 

We have just done a mass run of over 1000 blue cheese and I've seen this pheno on around 30% of the plants. 30% were heavily cheese dominant and 40% that ultra blueberry taste with the added cheese stink and kick :)

 

Here's a grow from recently by GBI  :)

 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dinafem.org/en/blog/blue-cheese-potent-piquant-cheese-bites/%3famp

 

 

Hope this help mate?

 

All the best 

 

Mark..

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Hello my friend  :)

 

Last year we were getting this lemon pheno from our blue cheese which was more like haze than cheese. So I took this to the boss and yes the blueberry genetics can create this lemon pheno but it's quite rare :bong:

 

We have just done a mass run of over 1000 blue cheese and I've seen this pheno on around 30% of the plants. 30% were heavily cheese dominant and 40% that ultra blueberry taste with the added cheese stink and kick :)

 

Here's a grow from recently by GBI  :)

 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dinafem.org/en/blog/blue-cheese-potent-piquant-cheese-bites/%3famp

 

 

Hope this help mate?

 

All the best 

 

Mark..

Thanks Mark, ur a Star for that.

I'm running the last one of that pack at the moment, it's seems to have much more Indica leaning tendencies, it's only a week into veg, so only about 5nodes and around six inches tall. It's in there with a sweet deep grapefruit I had left over from last year, I'm running her again just to see what happens really as the last four I've done all went hermie mad largely I think due to the fact temps hit 100 at times. They stretched liked mad aswell which I wasn't really prepared for to be honest I had allowed for 2.5 stretch and they ended up going way past that. So it was generally a bit of a stressful grow for the gals, I'm gutted I didn't get cuttings of one as it was like a pineapple sherbet. I just didn't realise until it had a good cure, I just got pissed off when they hermied and didn't bother as I'd already written the smoke off. I won't be so stupid in the future. On another note mate I'd like to say your firms plants are always on point growth and vigour wise and I'd just like to say thanks really as I've grown some shitters in my time but anything I pop that Carrys the dinafem stamp seems to be Mint. Finally a breeder I can rely on.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

@runninwivscissors Thank you for the kind words and continued support :)

 

You would not believe how many times we have grown a strain our, thought it was no good only to taste the end cured product to be blown away. It's always good if possible to keep a cut/clone back until tested so you know what you are dealing with :bong:

 

I'm so glad our genetics have not let you down :)

 

How about this? Get your post count up to over 50 so you can pm me. When you can drop me a line and I'll see if we can sort you some seeds for a diary here at UK420  :bong:

 

Good luck with your current grow my friend. Are you documenting your Dinafem adventure on UK420?

 

All the best 

 

Mark..

Share this post


Link to post

@Dinafem-Mark

I'm not currently documenting my grows here as ive had to downsize quite a bit into a 1.5 sqmx 2m custom-built grow drobe (carpenter by trade) and I'm currently working out all the wrinkles so at Max I'm running two plants under a 250w mh/hps, to be fair I could run a 400 in there as my temps are running a bit cool for my liking really,  a steady 22 degrees. I've got my wac1 controller on number 2 so it's hardly drawing at all, just enough GM to change the air every 3 minutes. I could stick a 400 in but to be honest it's just too much light for the space.

With regards the free seeds mate you're a legend but I have got quite a few strains from you guys in the bank and to take more would just be greedy really mate, I would rather you gave them to someone that is having trouble or really needs them. You're a top bloke for offering though fella, it's a really nice gesture.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, runninwivscissors said:

You're a top bloke for offering though fella, it's a really nice gesture

 

 

When you get back to full steam give me a shout I'm never far away :bong:

 

All the best 

 

Mark..

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

@Dinafem-Mark Hi mark, just a quick one really, the blue cheese I've got going at the minute is a bit strange, it's like a pure Indica, really stought leaves. Short and stocky, it's only about two weeks in veg and it stinks like its in full flower, any clue as to what Might be the situation pheno wise, Il take a couple of cuttings as a standard after my last debarkle. It's not like any of ur blue cheese I have done before.

Edited by runninwivscissors
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

@runninwivscissors it sounds like you have a blueberry dominant pheno :)

 

Blueberry is very indica dominant so I'm confident this is the case mate :)

 

Can you get any pictures up? Then I can maybe help more :)

 

Keep me posted my friend as I would like to see how this turns out :bong:

 

All the best 

 

Mark..

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

@runninwivscissors it sounds like you have a blueberry dominant pheno :)

 

Blueberry is very indica dominant so I'm confident this is the case mate :)

 

Can you get any pictures up? Then I can maybe help more :)

 

Keep me posted my friend as I would like to see how this turns out :bong:

 

All the best 

 

Mark..

Gonna be popping some Blue kush I just ordered will keep you posted on the results too

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

@UKsFinest That would be fantastic mate :yep:

 

Best of luck with your blue kush grow :) and I'll keep a look out for an update  :)

 

All the best 

 

Mark..

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

large.A02D6856-534A-4022-8132-CD5270364163.jpeg

Chopped day 68(67nights)

large.E55B2325-02AC-4236-854C-444325B6F72F.jpeg

Smallest bud, 13 days since harvest. Dried 9 days and jarred for 4 days. Covered in trichs.

 

Smoke report alert.

Nicely dry I can crumble it with my thumb against a finger.  Mmmmmmm the smell, like blueberries and I mean blueberries, candy like sweet blueberries. WOW. This smells so good I want to eat it.  “Blueberry skunk” that’s what this genotype should be called.  

    Put all this little bud in a raw paper and wrapped up a smoke.  Tried a little unlit draw, yeh baby, eyes light up, same blueberry as the smell just with an added earthy skunky twist.   Right that’s it, This doob is getting it.  

    I cannot believe how blueberry this tastes and how smooth it is. I’m loving this toke.  Not really cheesy, but still a skunk taste behind the blueberry.  I’ve never experienced as strong a blueberry taste in anything.

    I am so high right now, it’s like I am surrounded by an invisible shield and nothing can burst my bubble today, nothing!   My whole body feels lubricated or well oiled at the joints.  I bet I could even kick myself in the head, better not though, there’s an invisible shield in the way.

   

 

 

Edited by Rampa Green
Spelling
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

@Rampa Green Thanks so much for adding this smoke report to the strain guide mate. Much appreciated  :yep:

 

Sounds like you've got some tasty Blue Cheese on your hands ;)

 

All the best  :bong:

 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now