Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lobo

Bottom Feeding coco in trays

73 posts in this topic

Nice one for the speedy response.

Might be overfeeding, I assume some sort of phosphorus lock out, but the plant has been light green, dark green when iv upped the feed ect but these stems have always been the same. The main one is ok with the odd pin stripe but the ones the fan leaves are on are defo off color. Not to cold in the loft in a heatwave.

Know its me because Im minding 2 moody mothers for a friend whos in hospital and they came with green stems, same strain, and now after a few days they have started to look the same even tho they look better cox they were under shit light before.Think his feed is dutch pro a + b and take root and silicon, not sure what make. Mine is ionic grow, take root and growth tec silicon.

Going to just give a PH'd water feed and then swerve the liquid silicon for a bit, see if this makes a difference.

Heres a pic from by the MH my seedlings are under, this isnt happening to them. look darker in real life I think

gallery_86514_8732_74987.jpg

It hasnt fell over or anything its been lst'd!

gallery_86514_8732_46258.jpg

Edit for shit keyboard missing letters

and to add I can only find one phosphorous specific nute, canna mono phosphorous but dont want to a it in case it is lock out and im doing more harm than good. The newer the growth the less purple it seems

Edited by Eager

Ok i'll make a risky call and say they look a bit hungry - hungry is much better than overfed anyday. Better to keep them peckish than poisoned.

But to be honest they look healthy enough so don't fret too much. What ec do you have them on? Raise the ec one point - so if they are on 1.0 up to 1.1 and observe.

My method now is that i have a baseline of around 1.0 - 1.1 which i hover the plants at. Through their whole life even in flower i will return to the baseline ec. When they are hungry they may just need a good feed and then return to the baseline, sort of pulse feeding when required then back off. A bit like a hungry human you only need one or two big feeds then back to normal size meals. Remember a human cannot push a plant - the plant will grow at the rate the environment will support and will let you know what it needs to eat.

Drop the silicon for a few feeds - generally a once a week supplement and never beyond week 6 / 7 flower (you don't want to smoke silicon laced bud) Just basic feed and root stim every other until they look better.

A drop of superthrive or better hesi supervit i have found helps ropey plants. Just one drop per gallon. I also highly recommend weekly mistings of seaweed extract.

4 people like this

Thanks mate, its only 1 plant. This is what I thought as I dont want to do her in.

I never had an ec meter for 2 weeks, when I got it i seen i was feeding very weak and the plant looked hungry, ec of 0.8 - 1.0. Ionic advise 1.5 for coco but people always say companies go to high so I kept it low for a few feeds, leaves got bigger, but it still looked hungry/pale until 1.8 ec. then I noticed the slightest tip burn so dropped to 1.6 ec. The stems havent changed at all through out all this from what I can see.

I wouldnt be that arsed but iv seen his do it in front of me so I know its me/my room.

Will do with the silicon, its got another 2 weeks of veg left yet anyway and I should be able to pick one of them nutes up at least. Do you think the phosphorus additive is worth a bash coz everything I read says purple stems are phosphorous def. Il ask him what his feed is and see if I can work out the difference.

Thanks for the help didnt mean to take over this thread.

Bottom feeding in coco works. (Back on track a bit)

I don't think extra K is necessary, certainly not to a vegging plant unless it's locked out. Ionic veg feed should have enough. In my experience extra N has sorted purple stems out.

I would say that 1.8 - 1.6 is super high strength. I have never in my life given my plants that much so i guess ionic is a much different dilution than Hesi.

Edited by Lobo
2 people like this

I don't think extra K is necessary, certainly not to a vegging plant unless it's locked out. Ionic veg feed should have enough. In my experience extra N has sorted purple stems out.

I would say that 1.8 - 1.6 is super high strength. I have never in my life given my plants that much so i guess ionic is a much different dilution than Hesi.

Il give it just water then start creeping the nutes up and see how she goes

Yeh they say 1.5 - 2.0 in coco. I thought this was high but when I went low everything went light green, even those chuckys bride seedlings for 2 days at 1.2 so I gave them the same as the big one and they seem fine, have since give them there own slightly weaker feed. The dilution and N P K ratios do seem alot different to other brands

dont know if its to much feed or not enough but something inst quite right :g: should get there with some trial and error I hope :headpain:

Good thread cheers. Thinking of making the switch over from flood & drain to coco myself

so enjoying all the input which is being contributed to the thread.

your girls are in great shape Lobo

A question about the Rhizo pots, can they be reused?

2 people like this

hey superx I seen your iws grow, why you wanting to go coco?, just for the ease and freedom of movement etc?, cheers

A question about the Rhizo pots, can they be reused?

I also wondered this about these pouch things, they seem ideal to bottom feed but there seems to be a few different types/makes

Hello Blocker, I do recall you mate :)

Its to hands on the system itself.

And to tell the truth i was going to have a break down due to the

amount of times i modified it, (to stop the roots lying in a half inch of soup)

Taking the roots of from the 2nd-3rd week of flower solved this problem.

and having to do this i just believed deep down it was affecting the over all

yeild.(the roots are your fruits) i have no doubt the bubbler does what its meant to.

I still have the space and time, so said to myself why not a coco grow.

its similar to hydro i think. I only see the coco as a support for the plant and to anchor the roots.

It will also be easier on my back as well. All im thinking at the moment is what final pot size for the coco

and shall i bottom feed or top feed lol like a child in a sweetie shop. Are you in coco yourself?

I was iws, but moving to coco, iws is a good system, but there is a lot of hard work with it too, coco has so many benefits, easier to clean up after harvest, more movement of plants well anyway you get what I mean, I was just gonna go hand watered, but im gonna go with the homemade drip rings equal pressure timed feed,less noise also from feeds, im quite convinced that I can get better yields from coco than iws.. bottom feed means they need to be in large trays, I cant really get away with bringing them in the house. I suppose either will be good also im gonna use ionic coco line just base nutes, im gonna go with 11 liter pots, potting up from 1 liters.

Edited by BLOCKER

I get you, i have done several grows with the system which served me well but not great ( no sense in bullshiting)

The roots lying in stale water 24/7 is just not good, and i could probably say the same thing about having to completely

remove all roots 2-3week of flower or at any time for that matter (theres no harm with a small bit of root pruning

but fuck not to that extreme) it did hurt having to do it.

Well that was away of topic. All the best with your coco run blocker, i hope to get a journal up and going with the coco myself. To get all the help i can, I have some of madgiz beans,they have been in the fridge the past 2years i think. evo x killer happy dayz

bottom feed means they need to be in large trays, I cant really get away with bringing them in the house. I suppose either will be good also im gonna use ionic coco line just base nutes, im gonna go with 11 liter pots, potting up from 1 liters.

Could you not use smaller individual trays? b + q do some square ones that are quite big but not that suspect imo

Il give it just water then start creeping the nutes up and see how she goes

Yeh they say 1.5 - 2.0 in coco. I thought this was high but when I went low everything went light green, even those chuckys bride seedlings for 2 days at 1.2 so I gave them the same as the big one and they seem fine, have since give them there own slightly weaker feed. The dilution and N P K ratios do seem alot different to other brands

dont know if its to much feed or not enough but something inst quite right :g: should get there with some trial and error I hope :headpain:

About this, iv just looked at the bottle and it says 1.9 0.7 2.5 (N P K) where as canna a + b for example would be 4 4 3 or hessi TNT 3 2 3 so im now thinking it could have been the P all along.

Fuck knows, iv googled the shit out of this! seen a few pics of others using ionic with similar stems but rare, most seem to rate it. Would changing nutes be worse?

@@Eager ime some plants just have that res stem on some of the leafs its just one of them things mate don't wurries it won't affect them mate

Tempa

@@Eager ime some plants just have that res stem on some of the leafs its just one of them things mate don't wurries it won't affect them mate

Tempa

Nice one, I would have thought that if the 2 im minding didnt do it in front of my eyes, but it doesnt seem to be effecting it to much .

All reading suggests P def and looking at the N P K ratios of the gear (0.7) im now quite sure its P def, might just get a bottle and see if it makes any odds