Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

K-B

kush-bush's 2nd diary. S.A.D fast version scrog

388 posts in this topic

Wassup guys.

As the name suggests I'll be doing a scrog of the S.A.D fast version.

I'm also running a critical freebie too to help fill out my screen, I spoke to jaypp and he was happy for me to feature it in this sweet seeds diary so thanks to him for that. The S.A.D Is the star of the show though and the critical is a side thing so unless anything special happens with that I'll ignore it on this thread best I can.

Anyway I'm using the same set up as before, same hps and 80x80 tent ect. Only things I'll be doing different is the scrog, which I've never done before so if anyone has any tips for scrogging they are very welcome.

My seeds arrived today :)

gallery_86994_9153_118798.jpg

I'm very busy over the weekend and just about had time to post this so I'll probably germinate the seeds Sunday/monday and update then with some pictures of my set up and scrog net ect.

Sorry if this post was brief and look forward to some of you guys joining me in this sweet grow..cheers

6 people like this

Good luck with 'em fella.

these are on my 'to do' list.

3 people like this

Good luck mate 👍

3 people like this

Right my seeds went on to germinate last night so should see some life by tomorrow.

Can I ask if anyone could tell me does S.A.D respond well to topping? I wanna get lots of shoots for my scrog but I remember topping a heavy indica plant back in the day and it responded bad and yielded utter shite. I've never done a scrog before so like I said in my original post, any tips for scrogs are very welcome. I know it's basic but someone could give me some 'tricks of the trade' or whatever. Cheers.

2 people like this

UPDATE

all 3 S.A.D have germed and so has the critical using the only way I ever do which is the good old paper towel method

gallery_86994_9153_58130.jpg

They've all been popped into their first homes and will stay in there for about 5-7 days before going into Their final 11L pots. The critical is on the left in both pictures.

I watered these cups until I saw run off then popped the seeds and sprinkled with soil then misted up the surface. I've used some canna light mixed soil left over from last grow and when they are repotted they'll be put into biobizz allmix using the biobizz nute line too.

gallery_86994_9153_133131.jpg

I'm happy with how quick these germed.

I'm still yet to build my scrog net. Off to b&q later.

Any questions or comments would be great. Cheers.

6 people like this

Cheers mate!

Looking good so far, they germinated fast and I'm sure they will show the same vigour when growing :yep:

I'll keep passing by, all the best and sweet smokes!

tommy

2 people like this

Cheers mate! Looking good so far, they germinated fast and I'm sure they will show the same vigour when growing :yep: I'll keep passing by, all the best and sweet smokes! tommy

Thanks Tommy. Yeah I'm sure they'll be super fast the whole way through, I see the test grow in which they flowered in 46 days and was amazed at how quick S.A.D fast version is. I can't wait to see them growing.

1 person likes this

All 3 S.A.D have come above the soil and so has the critical

S.A.D

gallery_86994_9153_254118.jpg

Critical

gallery_86994_9153_197969.jpg

I've never had seeds pop up from soil with the shell still on, is this normal? Should I cover it back up with a little soil or leave it be? Here's a picture that shows it clearer, all 4 seedlings are the same

gallery_86994_9153_226094.jpg

And finally my cheap arse scruffy looking scrog net, I've never been good at building things.

gallery_86994_9153_160452.jpg

3 people like this

Leave it for a day or two to see if itll shake it off itself. If not, drip a little bit of water on the shell and gently peel it off. Ive had a few do that to me. I think its to do with not burying the seed deep enough.

Edited by Reyninho
2 people like this

Leave it for a day or two to see if itll shake it off itself. If not, drip a little bit of water on the shell and gently peel it off. Ive had a few do that to me. I think its to do with not burying the seed deep enough.

I ended up putting a little wet soil back over the top of them and 2 of them have completely shed their shell, one has shed the shell but still has the clear lining that's under the shell on it and the other is yet to do anything. Yeah I think I went a little shallow when I put them in, lesson learnt for next time ay. Thanks for stopping by again.

1 person likes this

Sweet!

Good luck and enjoy,

Grow Chum

2 people like this

Sweet! Good luck and enjoy, Grow Chum

Thanks chum.

1 person likes this

Looking nice dude,

and you have a 100% rate germination ;)

As Reynhino said, leave it for a day or two and you will see what to do..

Good luck mate!

Jaypp

1 person likes this

Looking nice dude, and you have a 100% rate germination ;) As Reynhino said, leave it for a day or two and you will see what to do..Good luck mate!Jaypp

Thanks mate. Yeah I was expecting 100% germination rate :) had a couple packs of sweet seeds back in the day and they were 100% too. I'll leave it for a day or two then and hopefully they'll be OK.

1 person likes this

Good luck with them mate

2 people like this