Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Boojum

Game Of Thrones, Only Read If You Are Up To Date With Episodes

767 posts in this topic

There we go. Problem solved. A Game of Thrones thread where you can post about the latest episode without worrying about spoilers :)

The other one can be just a general Game of Thrones and how much we love it thread :D

1 person likes this

The fight :O

Powerful!

Just watched the latest one, wtf man! Wish I had read the books so I know what happens next!

I've just finished watching it :shock:

I thought it was a superb episode all told - the scene with Sansa when it looked like she would do for Baelish but then supported him, then after that when she dressed in the dark dress (after spending all the time in King's Landing with that dress with the long arms), that struck me as a turning point in her character. Arya and the Hound reaching the Eyrie and learning that Lysa was dead and her breaking out laughing, I think there's more to come with her thirst for blood. And of course the ending. I was So cheering on Oberyn, and thought he'd won. Until the end. :sadwalk:

I so hope Tyrion doesn't get executed, he's my favourite character.

Edited by Boojum
10 people like this

I've read the books and it really does get interesting, boojum you should have a read, there's plenty of time when this seasons finished to read them all before the next one. It's well worth it!!

I'm just wondering about G RR Martin finishing the last books in time for them to be on tv!!

1 person likes this

I've read the books and it really does get interesting, boojum you should have a read, there's plenty of time when this seasons finished to read them all before the next one. It's well worth it!!

I realise that. But I started watching is as the series, and absolutely loved it, so I'll keep watching it as the series. I'll read the books afterwards.

3 people like this

That's what I did as well but I got impatient after the third season ended.

It's strange, normally I read the book before I see the movie or tv show, so I have my own preconceptions as to what the characters sound and look like, so now knowing all the characters I visualise them as I read.

2 people like this

That's what I did as well but I got impatient after the third season ended.

It's strange, normally I read the book before I see the movie or tv show, so I have my own preconceptions as to what the characters sound and look like, so now knowing all the characters I visualise them as I read.

Aye, in many cases (movies are more my thing) I've read the book before I've seen the movie. But I watched the first season of Game of Thrones first. And I think the series is so superb I don't want to read the books now, I want to watch the series - I think it's absolutely brilliant and I don't want to spoil it. I know the books will be better, but I love the series so much that I'll wait to read the books until it's finished.

1 person likes this

Tbf the books are not much different to the series (first three anyway for sure). Almost word for word/scene by scene as it were.

There is a couple if deviations (but nothing too major) recently but I think this is one of the best "book to screen" efforts I've seen.

Almost as good as Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes series.

I too read them after the second series was finished so visualise the characters in the books just as they are on screen - which is nice for a change.

2 people like this

Yeah they are I enjoy the extra back story that's in the books, it's a shame they can never convey every detail in a tv show but I guess that's the joy of books.

Sansa really gave a great performance last week to save Petyr's ass and she looked very grown up in her new gown, shame there's only a couple episodes left in this season!

Edited by T1
2 people like this

Almost as good as Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes series.

Off topic but my favourite screen Holmes was Basil Rathbone, cos my old man had the Strand magazine reprints with the Sidney Paget illustrations, and Rathbone looked just like Holmes. And that was my first screen introduction to Holmes.

Jeremy Brett was probably a more authentic Holmes, because he suffered from manic depression (a condition I suffer from, and IMHO a condition that, although Conan Doyle didn't necessarily say Holmes suffered from, is very much characterised by the way Holmes behaved).

Edited by Boojum
3 people like this

I'm really enjoying GoT and I can't wait for the white/wight walker invasion to happen, the magic is infrequent but worthwhile.

I didn't see exactly what happened to Oberyn at the end, obviously he lost his eyes, but did the Mountain pop his entire head? :eek: If it was just his eyes I can see him fighting on, in true GoT style. Reminded me of the Deadwood Dan eye scene!

I think Sansa was trying to optimise her power over Petyr, by changing her appearance to look more like a young Catlyn.

I can't wait for the milky tit teen boy to grow some balls, he will kick ass!!

Looking grim for Tyrion tho, i too hope he lives

Most excellent series and i cant wait for mondays to come around

Got it all politics violence sex and a damn good story.

1 person likes this

Edited by Boojum