Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishandchips

EC Meter help for a noob

Need help understanding an ec meter, if I wanted an ec of 1.2 and wanted to use canna a+b, b52 and canna pk13/14 how would I make it up to correct ec and do I have to make any exception for ph down?

I'm not really sure if the question makes sense but I'm hoping someone can help a brother out

Just bought a blue lab truncheon of fleabay for a good price

Any help at all is much appreciated guys

FishandChips.....

well you can add 5ml per liter and check the e.c.

then if its higher or lower than [1.2] adjust it either with adding water or extra nutrient,

Mix your additives in first, pk and b52, and take areading. Then add equal amounts of a&b until you reach 1.2ec. Then add your ph down to the correct level. This way you wont burn your plants. Job done.

atb, reds

2 people like this

Thanks for your reply reds I read of people doing the opposite to this method then they are always corrected so just thought I'd ask. So basically I'm just topping up with my nute mix with a + b after applying pk and b52 but do I use the amount shown on the bottle to start with (b52 and pk)? I need to get this clear as day in my head so I understand.

Thanks for being informative

P.s what is the quote button for below your comment

If you were to do it the other way round i.e get the 1.2 just from the nutes and then add your additives at their specified rates , the additives could increase the EC content considerably. Always best to do additives first and then bring the EC up to the desired value with your nutrients.

1 person likes this

See when u first add you additives do I add the at full strength? Or do I add what I think would be enough?

Thank you

I'm not a Canna user but any of the additives (Apart from Grow Tech Liquid Silicon) I use such as my boost for example goes in at it's specified rate.

There's a Canna Nutrient feed calculator in the Canna site. You input your volume, and required strength - light, medium, heavy, - also, you input the water hardness.. it's very easy, but I perhaps it's a little misleading.

As i understand it - all these feed calculations, the ones peddled by the feed companies, are based on the assumption of a 1000 watt lamp being used.

I use a 600w, as do many.

So, if we feed at the recommended rate, we're actually OVERFEEDING by a large amount, 40% in fact. I've had a history of overfeeding, (combined with a calcium deficiency) which had me perplexed… I think I have it balanced now, but it's taken me a year or so. Hours and hours of scouring the forums. I use very soft tap water to which I add magnesium to 250ppm and calcium now at the rate of 3ml to 50 litres… this could still be low, but I'm pretty sure Im on the right track.

Canna are very particular about the mixing of the A & B, but don't mention any particular mixing or "adding order" of Cannazym and Rhizotonic.

I've been adding the A & B after setting the magnesium level, then adding the other two, Zym & Rhiz, and then diluting the lot till the ec aligns with what I want, around 600ppm in veg.

I think that Reds method is better - I'll try that.

btw, I'm growing in a mix of Coco and Perlite.

Hope this helps - I'd appreciate feedback...