Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OCC

My Original Cheese Mother is dying

19 posts in this topic

I needed somewhere to share my thoughts. I'm finding it really hard coming to terms with this, it's actually pretty worrying how upset i'm getting about a plant. Some of you may understand getting attached to such a being after a long period of time, smoking her lets me relive memories we've shared.

I've had the cut for 10 years and the mum i've got is dying. I believe it's thrips that have killed her. I read they were not fatal so I didn't worry about them too much. I was treating them with pyrol which worked, but they came back. I then recently got some neam oil to try that - ever since then the plant has been dying stem by stem with the leaves browning from tip backwards, it seemed to make it worse. Even new growth is browning and dying before it even has a chance. I'm picking up some more pyrol tomorrow but I think it's too late.

I gave her away lots and many friends had her, but sadly no one has her left to give me one back. Weather shes the same '88 cheese I do not know, I hope so - maybe I will find her again one day, but with all the seeds that i've seen around, I think only a few really have the true 88 cut. I enjoyed smoking her so much, I thank her for the good times. :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Take cuts, spray everything with harkers.

any pics of her

Here's a pic of her. Theres not much left - i've cut the dead branches off - there's only one cut that I could take - should I take it?

Clipboard01

Clipboard02

Edited by OCC

Here's a pic of her. Theres not much left - i've cut the dead branches off - there's only one cut that I could take - should I take it?

I would, give it a chance in a cleaner environment once you get your grow space nuked.

Hope it goes well...

take the cut already.

4 people like this

<m i right in thinking theres only so long any plant can live? Or am i wrong..

Really sorry about your loss though @@OCC

Never know might be something else you'll find which is up to par

take the cut already.

Clipboard03

I've just taken it. It's in a rainforest with a Lightwave now. It doesn't look great, but i'm holding out some hope for it yet. I've probably rooted worse. Since I posted this a couple of hours ago the mother looks as if it has died :(

The cut would have no hope if taken tomorrow.

Fingers crossed the cut is ok in the morning. :lucky:

Thanks

p.s the plant is around a year old and mothers can live for quite a long time if treated well.

Edited by OCC

The cuts still standing this morning, is it worth spraying the cut with pyrol or will it kill it? I'm worried about any thrips that are left on the cut which might eat it.

Id fuck of that pyrol mate, doesn't seem to have done you any favours so far!

RR

you wouldn't believe it - the cut has 1cm roots now, so happy - she really gave everything to give me that tiny cut. The mother literally fully died hours after I took it. Cheers @@~nobody~ not sure I would of done it unless you had said.

8 people like this

Well done bro, great news, now keep two mums and another offsite somewhere.

RR

1 person likes this

Happy dayz.

1 person likes this

Yeah i know how u would have felt, i lost my generals daughter strain, peeps still ask me about it, wish i kept it

1 person likes this

good job mate :yep: just had similar happen with my NoName, took cuts off all my mums as I thought we were about to move and needed to minimise the space needed to transport my mums. Day after taking them the NN looked a bit rough and two days later it was dead. Checked the cuts last night and the NN are the first to show roots. :yahoo: Wasn't such a long loved strain as yours but fills an important slot in my range (namely the end of the night fuck you up slot lol)

1 person likes this