Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpiderKamenetzki

Spider's Star Ryders

47 posts in this topic

This update is for DAY 38, which was yesterday

Light: 600w Osram Son-T Plus HPS @ 18/6

Temperature: 25C (Soil) - 23.5C (Dark period)

Feed: 1.5ml per litre of OT Bloom, & 0.5ml per litre of OT Grow

Additives: 0.5 per litre of Bio-Wetter

Heya gang! So, everything is still coming along excellently with my Star Ryders. I'm actually at a bit of a loss on what to write for these journal entries because these plants are doing exactly what they're supposed to do and taking everything I throw at them! Both girls continue to fatten their buds daily, and they are definitely looking like the furthest along out of all of them. I'm probably going to take them over 10 weeks, I reckon they'll start kicking out the extra weight once they go past week 10.

I made an executive decision over the Humboldt Equilibrium - it doesn't seem to be doing any harm but I can't really see if it's doing much of any thing. As such, I've decided to only use it every other watering, and see if that changes anything. I bumped up both ladies' feed last night, one of them looked quite content to continue on what she had, but the other girl is a hungry mother. She's drinking very quickly now, and paling up faster than the other. I am going to continue upping the feed on these girls slowly over the next 2 weeks, as every diary I've read on them suggests that they like their food, so I'm going to try and push them a bit and see how they respond. Other than that, very little to report, they're fantastic plants and maybe the best autos I've grown. Very satisfied all round :)

Star Ryder #1

gallery_23208_8368_32365.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_1706.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_22892.jpeg

And my personal favourite (out of all the plants in the tent).... Star Ryder #2

gallery_23208_8368_63137.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_129101.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_14395.jpeg

4 people like this

number 2 is a beauty, they have plenty of time to swell. All is looking nice in there Spider

Nice plant's bro, just popped a couple of these yesterday, be interested to see if there as good as the think different were..

1 person likes this

This update is for DAY 45, which was yesterday

Temperature: 25C (Soil) - 23.5C (Dark period)

Feed: 2.5/2ml per litre of OT Bloom, 0.5ml per litre of OT Grow

So we're almost 7 weeks in now, which means we're coming into the rude boy weight gain end stage of flowering. It would seem, however, that the two Star Ryder ladies have decided to start the party early. I'm SO impressed by these autos. Seriously, they're fantastic. They just grow and grow and grow quick as you like, they smell fantastic and they're easy as piss to look after. Seriously, they've taken everything I've chucked at them. Star Ryder #1 is now up to 2.5ml bloom and 0.5ml grow, and I'm contemplating on knocking her up to 3ml bloom (fucking strong by new OT bloom standards). She looks like she can take it.

Star Ryder #2 is the best plant I have personally ever grown, by which I mean I've managed to keep her green and perfect looking the whole way through the grow. She also has the fattest, smelliest buds of all the plants in the tent. She's on 2ml and 0.5ml of bloom and grow, respectively. She's going up to 2.5ml bloom next watering. She's not as hungry as her sister, but she's nicer in every way.

All in all these Star Ryders are cracking. I've enjoyed a few of DP's autos now, but out of all them I think this one might take the proverbial biscuit. We'll have to see how she smokes before I can say for sure, but I'm very, very impressed with them so far. And now, for the pictures:

Star Ryder #1

gallery_23208_8368_153588.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_11821.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_95386.jpeg

Star Ryder #2

gallery_23208_8368_139170.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_39278.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_152018.jpeg

Edited by SpiderKamenetzki
2 people like this

They are some beautiful looking StarRyders there mate fat and frosty is the way to go..

I went up to 3ml/L OT Bloom on my last grow with a SR. Wouldn't go any higher but she did take it well and I got my best result yet so try it maybe?

1 person likes this

They are some beautiful looking StarRyders there mate fat and frosty is the way to go..

I went up to 3ml/L OT Bloom on my last grow with a SR. Wouldn't go any higher but she did take it well and I got my best result yet so try it maybe?

I'm gonna give it a shot with the biggun and see how the bitch likes it. If all is well I'll get the other one on the same dose. I love that they can take so much food, it basically guarantees they're going to be chunky monsters by the end!

1 person likes this

Nice one Spider,great pics,tric'y ain't they. N' you're right,from where i'm looking they're gonna be chunky. If you're looking for your next auto,those Blue Auto Mazar are monsters. Tech' prob's but i'll get some pics to ya soon. atb

1 person likes this

Nice one Spider,great pics,tric'y ain't they. N' you're right,from where i'm looking they're gonna be chunky. If you're looking for your next auto,those Blue Auto Mazar are monsters. Tech' prob's but i'll get some pics to ya soon. atb

Safe @@cannybuzz - only just seen this post! I've done the Blue Auto Mazars, and you're right they're a great plant. I'd like to do them again soon, as I don't think I did them justice last time. Hope you are well bro, really hope to see you online more in the near future. All the best pal.

1 person likes this

Good luck to the finish line SK, the SR is a delightfully smooth in flavor, and punch !.............enjoy the finish, allway's a greatly anticipated moment, the chop !! .... around day 70 the sugers load up !! to the end day 85 ??

it's about an hour into the chop, you get a true measure of just how potent the SR is, sitting there on the stool under carbon filter !!...... scissors in one hand the most potent SR in the other, the cure journey begins !!.. AM

2 people like this

StarRyder.. She's consistently brilliant!!

1 person likes this

Apologies for the silence people. My keyboard broke and i'm having to use the onscreen one. Does not for an easy update make. Should have this fixed by the weekend.

DAYS 56-61 (Week 9)

Temperature: 26C (Soil) - 25C (Dark period)

Feed: 2-1.5ml of OT Bloom

Apologies for the long delay in posting, I had a very busy week followed by a technical issue, that being the breakdown of my £105 Razer keyboard. Grrrrr...... Anyway, I'm sorry to report that the Star Ryders have suffered a slight reversal of fortune as of today. Due factors that are outside of my control, Star Ryder #2 was identified as having contracted the fucking bud rot. I saw that one of her normally vvery green leaves had half turned brown, and my heart sank. Double GRRRRR... I'm 100% on how it happened but I have my suspicions, which are as follows:

- The horrificly hot and more worryingly humid heat wave. I have not been able to get my humidity below 50% until the last couple of days. My dehumidifier is finally starting to do its job, but even though it's been on 24/7 the last 2 weeks, it's just been too humid to decrease it fast enough.

- The room I grow in is a basement room, with no windows. The only means of ingress for fresh air is through the door. That means that, in the summer when humidity is super high... well, you get the idea. It's poorly ventilated.

- Two of my other plants (both Ice Cools from sweet seeds) contracted a leaf fungus, which has meant there's been a lot more necrotic foliage still attached to plants than is ideal. I culled most of the affected leaves earlier this week, but still. Fungus is not what you want in your tent.

- I also (really randomly) found a fucking CATERPILLAR munching on my plants! Fuck knows how that little bastard got in, but apparently bugs can carry spores for fungus and mold. So watch out for that :mmmmmmm:

There is some good news. Luckily, it seems I caught the rot pretty early. When I saw the leaf, I had a little look into the cola of the plant in question, saw the rot and instantly removed the plant from my tent. I snipped off the main cola and cut it down into golfball sized buds one by one, to see how far the rot had spread. Luckily, it only seemed to have effected one small golfball sized bit of the bud, which I cut out and disposed of. The rest of the cola was trimmed and put into brown bags, with the buds that were around the rotted area being put into a separate bag. So even though losing the top cola early means I've lost out on maximum potential (as I was going to let the plant go for another 2 weeks), the majority of the cola was saved, and more importantly there's no sign of it having spread. I'll also be able to try a bit of (admittedly premature) Star Ryder in about 3 weeks time, which is cool I guess.

The rest of the plant, which still has a significant number of blooms on it, has been put back in the tent. I'm gonna carry it on for another 2 weeks, in the hope that the side blooms swell a little more. It's weird, out of the two Star Ryder's I'm growing, she had the smaller main cola and blooms of the two... I guess it was much denser than the other plants main cola, even though the other plant's one is much bigger

I cleaned the tent out as best as possible, and hopefully (please god) the dreaded rot won't come back. If it does, then I'm going to have to chop and bag everything much earlier than I expected.

FUCKING SUMMER GROWS, AM I RIGHT PEOPLE?

Anyway, here is some pics from earlier on in the week when everything was fine and dandy, before the harrowing rot set in.

Star Ryder #1 (Day 55)

gallery_23208_8368_127331.jpg

gallery_23208_8368_427352.jpg

gallery_23208_8368_206209.jpg

Star Ryder #2 (Day 55)

gallery_23208_8368_413443.jpg

gallery_23208_8368_491189.jpg

gallery_23208_8368_479688.jpg

Edited by SpiderKamenetzki
4 people like this

DAYS 56-61 (Week 9)

Temperature: 26C (Soil) - 25C (Dark period)

Feed: OT Bloom/Grow

Hello all, time for another update. After the the bud rot scare last Friday it would appear that I got away squeaky clean. The weather once again seems to be back on my side, with the extreme heat and humidity subsiding at last. Still, I've added more fan power, and I've put the dehumidifier on 24/7 inside the the actual tent, just to be sure. It has been a completely uneventful week for the girls (yay!) except I think my big one has contracted the leaf spot fungus the Sweet seeds plants got. No matter. She's ready to be cut down whenever I like now. I'm going to let her run the full 12 weeks because I want to see how much I can get out of her. Her feed has been knocked down and she's going down again next week. I've also started to introduce grow food back into the equation, a technique recommended by Oldtimer for getting rid of excess phosphorus in the plants.

And now for the good news. The salvaged main cola of Star Ryder number 2 - my beautiful girl who contracted bud rot and subsequently lost her head - has been drying for a week, and I've just weighed up what's there... 16g! From one 9 week old cola, which had lost some of its substance to rot. AMAZING. I'm letting the rest of her go for another 2 weeks. I'm estimating that between the two of them I should be able to hit 7oz. And that's keeping the guessing on the conservative side because the big one looks like she's piling on the pounds.

I'm really happy with these plants. They're moron proof, sturdy and pack on loads of weight. Now all that's left is to try the smoke, which I'm going to do right now. No smoke report until the finished product is ready though ;)

I'll leave you with some pictures for now:

gallery_23208_8368_86122.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_93468.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_159613.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_100245.jpeg

4 people like this

well i hope you get near your 7 ounce target from the two of them, the longer you leave them the more they will bud up. They look really frosty too, should be a nice smoke I hope :-)

Another stonking plant Spider. :yep: