Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpiderKamenetzki

Spider's Star Ryders

47 posts in this topic

Hey buddy, because I always fully saturate the medium before I start, and because I don't pot up, I've found that adding a tiny bit of grow around day 14 keeps em green. I'll keep my eye on them though, thanks for the heads up!

1 person likes this

This update is for DAY 22, which was yesterday

Light: 600w Dual Spectrum Sunmaster @ 18/6

Temperature: 25.5C (Canopy) - 24C (Soil) - 22.5C (Dark period)

Feed: 1ml per litre of OT Grow

Additives: 0.5 per litre of both PM Bio-Silicon and Bio-Wetter

Apologies for the time between updates, I've been in the Dam the last few days. I arrived back home Monday late at night and DYAMN, these ladies have gotten big! To say they're going through a growth spurt is an understatement. They currently dwarf the other plants in the tent, carrying on like total bosses. My house mate watered them over the weekend while I was away, with the same feed levels as before. They look happy and green all over, which is great. I'm going to stick with 1ml of feed until they start asking for more. Looking at the pictures, I have an inkling they might have a very slight nitrogen toxicity, so I really need to watch my feed. Their stems are chunking out nicely thanks to the Bio-Silicon, which is an absolutely fantastic product. In fact, the whole Plant Magic organic additive range is great.

The plants are also starting to smell now. Luckily, I hung my new extractor fan and filter today, so they're getting lots more air and staying a bit cooler. They should absolutely love that, it'll be interesting to see how they progress over the next week.

Pictures:

Star Ryder #1

gallery_23208_8368_135362.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_176586.jpeg

Star Ryder #2

gallery_23208_8368_93360.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_1483.jpeg

Edited by SpiderKamenetzki

you're making this look easy Spider, the StarRyders are thriving

2 people like this

Haha, thanks Tony. to be fair though it's them doing all the work! I really feel dialled in to my space now, so maybe that's helping.

On another note, they showed pre flowers today! Woop woop!

This update is for DAY 24, which was yesterday

Temperature: 26C (Canopy) - 25C (Soil) - 23.5C (Dark period)

Feed: 1ml per litre of OT Grow, 0.5ml per litre of Humboldt Equilibrium

Additives: 0.5 per litre of both PM Bio-Silicon and Bio-Wetter

Well I took the girls out of the tent for a watering last night, and I can confirm that they've started to flower. Woop Woop! They still look a lovely, healthy green, not a yellow leaf in site which is great. Since the flowers have properly appeared now, I decided to add the Humboldt Equilibrium in with their water last night. We'll see over the next couple of days if they take to it. Hopefully they will. I'm a little wary because they're very green right now, and Humboldt has a small nutrient value, so it might be a bit much for them at the minute. We'll see. I've heard that Star Ryder is a very nutrient hungry strain so hopefully they'll be all right. The last feed was also their last dose of bio-silicon for this grow, as I've been told that once flowering begins it's best to stop it. I can safely say it's done its job - the stems are already thick and woody and they're not even 4 weeks old yet. I really can't sing its praises enough.

The ladies are also starting to show a bit of character now. One is big bold and bushy, the other slightly smaller but exquisitely structured. I think I prefer the smaller one, she just looks so symmetrical and lovely. Pictures:

Star Ryder #1

gallery_23208_8368_82029.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_10627.jpeg

Star Ryder #2

gallery_23208_8368_75825.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_13691.jpeg

That's everything for now, I'll be back next week with another update :)

2 people like this

its gonna be a beast ...

1 person likes this

Yeah they're really gaining momentum at this point!

Hey Spider',nice n' robust looking mate. The bio silicon does a good job. All the better for nice fat budz to grow on. My laptops still playing up but at least i'm able to a degree to participate on here. Can't upload pics yet though which is a pain. Hopefully not long now. That Humbolt Eq' got a good rep,it'll be good to see it in action. I saw you were on the free seeds subbing thread. I'm doing some of Ratdogs Cheese Psychosis b x 1. So tricy it's ridiculous.If you are subbing,that or his pychosis b x 2 wouldn't see you wrong. atb mate.

1 person likes this

Hey Spider',nice n' robust looking mate. The bio silicon does a good job. All the better for nice fat budz to grow on. My laptops still playing up but at least i'm able to a degree to participate on here. Can't upload pics yet though which is a pain. Hopefully not long now. That Humbolt Eq' got a good rep,it'll be good to see it in action. I saw you were on the free seeds subbing thread. I'm doing some of Ratdogs Cheese Psychosis b x 1. So tricy it's ridiculous.If you are subbing,that or his pychosis b x 2 wouldn't see you wrong. atb mate.

Mate I'm so broke right now it's unreal, but next week I get paid and I am straight up subbing. Should have been done a long time ago to be honest. I'd absolutely love to read a smoke report of Ratdog's smokes. Thing is there are so many amazing growers on here that sub seeds that it's hard to make a choice. GojiCheddar by CK. looks the nuts, as does Ratdog's stuff, as does Glasto's... more than anything though, I'd love a pack of Smile. Doubt that's possible to obtain these days though.

Hope you get your laptop sorted soon mate, it's been quiet round here without you :)

1 person likes this

Great way of getting great genetics mate, you're right.there's so much choice. Oldtimers is in there n ' i think smotties are smile x oldtimers. Hope you get sorted. Joolz threw in a free pack of wizards sleeve x smelly berrry when i subbed last time along with my prefered choice,which was a nice surprise. Nice of you to say it's been quiet. Hopefully i'll be able to remedy that but the way things are going i may need to ditch this laptop and get a whole new set up. It's all money though hey mate,n' that's a bit sparce at the moment. Have to get saving.lol.

1 person likes this

DAY 31

Temperature: 25C (Soil) - 23.5C (Dark period)

Feed: 1ml per litre of OT Bloom, 0.5ml per litre of Humboldt Equilibrium

Additives: 0.5 per litre of Bio-Wetter

As I write this today I realise it's been a month already since we got this diary started. Crazy how time flies. Not that I'm complaining! So, the girls got fed today, they're looking bang tidy, not a problem in sight. As well as that, they've properly started flowering - hooray! These ladies have not continued with their rampant growth. They're the 2nd and 3rd biggest plants in my tents right now, and have more foliage than any of the others. In fact, if they were any bigger they'd be trouble, so I've switched their nutrients from grow to bloom. We'll see how well they'll take to it. The new OT Bloom recipe is strong, so I'm going to be very reserved with the feeding. I'm actually surprised that these girls haven't asked for more food, as I've heard they have a bit of reputation for being hungry ladies. Not seen any signs of hunger so far, so I imagine the reason why they're wanting so little food probably has something to do with the Humboldt. I'll say this - the stuff is POTENT. I can't see myself needing to use more than 0.5ml per litre to be honest. Maybe when they're more into their flowering period, but we'll see. "Only when asked for" is the new Spider motto :)

Everything else has been relatively stable. My new extraction is the nuts, it's making the tent a much happier place for plants to be. I've put away the Bio-Silicon for this grow, it's done it's job now. I'm always so impressed with that stuff, it really is great. On Monday (which will be 5 weeks), I'm going to swap out the dual spectrum HPS for my red spectrum Osram Son-T- Plus, which will hopefully speed up the flowering process. Weeks 5 and 6 are always a bit boring, waiting for the plants to jump into the next phase of their lives.

Anyway, not much else to say, standard Dutch Passion quality when it comes to autos, this grow has been a doddle so far. Picture tiiiiiime!

The two stars of this show

gallery_23208_8368_150438.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_164540.jpeg

From above

gallery_23208_8368_99576.jpeg

Naughty bits! Oooooo!

gallery_23208_8368_108321.jpeg

gallery_23208_8368_46698.jpeg

That's it for now. It's normally about this time where I start fucking everything up, so tune in next time for an inevitable RAGEPOST. Touch wood, I really want to avoid that :)

They're looking fine Spider'. I know what you mean about this period in their lives. Do they need grow,do they need bloom? Hopefully a small dose of Humbolt will see you through this week then steady on with the bloom with a lil' grow to keep 'em green. The key i' found was not too much too soon. :)

1 person likes this

Wise words Canny, wise words. I'm hoping the Humboldt will mean that I don't have to use grow nutrients from this point in, but we'll see. It's supposed to keep em green till the end.

looking great SpiderK. I love to see the side blooms as well developed as that, they have curled around the side and are getting up to more-or-less the same hight as the main cola. So fingers crossed for a good crop eventually.

Nice easy home growing - I like it, enjoy the next few weeks

1 person likes this

Thanks Tony, they seem to like the flowering food which is good. No problems from these girls :)