Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dosti

Dosti's Diary Deux: Cream47 in Amazon Aeroponics

773 posts in this topic

All looking great mate, despite your disappointment.

Patience is a virtue I'm slowly (read painfully! ) learning!

Quietly followed your last diary and will definitely continue to do so with this one.

Good luck with it all.

2 people like this

Cheers @

I will drop the EC down, what level do you think I should put it at? My tap EC is 0.2 if that helps.

Right now the plants are getting 0.8ec, my intention was to give them 0.5 but when I mixed the res before I left it went a little high with the Wilt-Guard and I didn't have time to dilute it down.

Less is always more in hydro I find, i'm still learning to dial in these systems too. go with 0.25ml a litre (depends what nutes your using though)

I too have been having problems with overfeeding my plants, you just gotta monitor them closely and see what they like.

Edited by 818
2 people like this

@@emergin virgin

I guess i need to give them time to recover from the transplant and also be patient :)

Thanks mate, last diary was a disaster....lol

@

Will drop it down to 0.4 or 0.5 EC on the next change

I think i jumped the gun as i was feeding flowering plants 1.2 EC if i remeber correctly, so 0.8 for seedlings was too much....i think i may have lost the one on the bottom left, leaves look dead but roots are good? or can it recover?

2 people like this

I'm glad you and the Mrs have sorted shit out mate.. Nice one. :)

I agree with 818 in that they look a tad overfed but im sure they'll pull through.

2 people like this

@@Upton

Thanks mate, im glad too :D I feel like shit when i get things wrong with the Mrs....but happy that things are getting back to normal.

Yeah that was a stupid move on my part mate, i should have know better that 0.8ec was too high for seedlings...half that would have been suitable i think.

I'll be filling a 10ltr bucket with fresh water and dosing it seperatly and do the change over tomorrow....im going for 10ltr so i do regular changes and also if i fcuk up its not a lot of solution wasted lol

Next batch will just be: Regen-A-Root and Grow nutes by CX...i dont think they need anything else at this point, unless you think i should give them voodoo juice now?

1 person likes this

Seedlings have been in the aero prop exactly 1 week now

seedlings 080614

Should i cull the one circled red? The roots below look fine but up top the leaves are negligible....worth giving her a chance?

01/06/14 - 08/06/14

seedlings aero prop 010614

seedlings 080614

1 person likes this

Gotta be worth a punt?

1 person likes this

I'd pick the best 4 and do a 4 plant grow mate.. Just bust the bitches up to fill the space.

1 person likes this

@@emergin virgin

She will be given until the end of this week to see if there is improvement

@@Upton

If i only had your grow skills and patience mate! :)

Im hoping to have numbers on my side just in case i fcuk up and most likely something will go wrong at some point

But the 2 in the red might get the chop and the one in blue im not too sure about

seedlings 090614

I have changed the res this morning, into 10ltr water i put 10ml Regen-A-Root, 6ml Hydro Grow, to get 0.5 EC and PH it down to 5.6/5.7 im hoping they will take to the reduced EC better than when it was at 0.8.
Res temp was 16c but thats due to it being cold water straight from the tap....im sure it will rise to 20c+ with the pump being on all the time, i will get the recirculating timer set-up in the next couple of days.
I have phoned the chiller place and they will give a discount if its collected from the depot, too bad i passed them on my hols! lol So will have to have it delivered if and when i order it, Free delivery though so cant complain.
We are getting some erratic weather here, hot one day cold the other, so im going to order the fan controller soon....need to flog stuff on the bay 1st! lol
Memo to self: Filter on the aero-prop needs replacing with a cleaned one as the spray from the nozzles arent as strong....might be clogged from the soil off the seedling when transplanted
Edited by Dosti
2 people like this

I'm just a mouthy noob mate but thanks for the compliment lol.

I found clones to root a little faster with the res temps around 24/25'c and id leave them all alive until you transplant them into the amazon, you never know what will happen with them in the next week or so.

Ref the chiller.. Get the bigger model if you can mate and what controller are you looking at?

2 people like this

@@Upton

For a man that gets that kind of harvest on his 1st try with an amazon mate, your more than a noob! ;)

I'm hoping to get close to 1gpw on this grow, but in honesty with all things going on and heat issues I think a conservative amount of around 15oz would be great. It would double my previous attemp no doubt lol

I need to sort the plumbing of the amazon out mate, as soon as I get that done then I will put them in it with a 600w M/H over them. Hopefully I can flip them to 12/12 on 29 June or 6 July the latest.

Yep I'm looking at the bigger chiller, 250 model for £280. The fan controller is the SMS Hybrid 8 Amp Pro - it lets you set the min/max speed of the fans compared to the 4 Amp model that only let's you set you min speed. You think that's worth £300? Or is there a better controller out there?

2 people like this

I'm using one of them Ziehl abegg controllers now. No hum but you have to set it yourself. Which is fine for me to be honest. Just need to replace my other 2 smscoms now

1 person likes this

I'd rather my fan run at a steady pace then kick into 100% to cool things down x amount of times a day. Them fans sound loud in the middle of the night.

1 person likes this

I have the GSE fan controller mate (the negative pressure version) its great but if I was buying again I'd

get the hydrid your thinking about because my controller aint the best with inline fans, it fucked up two air force 2 fans.

1 person likes this

@

Never heard of that brand Sky, but after a quick google it looks like a step down controller....i have airforce variac controllers [click me], which imo are better than step-down because it lets you fine tune the speed. It wasn't a problem when my groom was in a spare room but being in the shed its not easy popping over twice a day to manually adjust them. On my last grow i have been caught out a few times because i couldn't adjust the fans according to the temps dictated by the weather [inlet air comes from directly outside]

The SMS controllers dont kick in at 100% full speed if the temps get hotter than that set, it climbs up going through the settings of 1 to 5 - it wont go from 1 to 5 directly if the temps are hot, it will kick up to 2 and if that wont work then up, and up until 5 ;)

Surprisingly even on full my RVKs [8" & 6"] cant be heard outside the shed and this is me standing directly outside it, you only hear the sound of the air coming out through the extract hole. But if and when i get a chance to upgrade i will be getting MDF Box fans :D You can never stop upgrading with growing! lol - its like a bloody transformer!

Edited by Dosti
3 people like this