Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
S Monkey

Ordering online from UK or Dutch Passion themselves? + postal responsi

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts...
I want to order some Dutch Passion seeds (colour mix 4). Though they are out of stock on Attitude Seeds, so I was considering ordering from Dutch Passion direct. Partly because they seem a lot cheaper from Dutch Passion website.
Attitude Seeds = £54.99 + £4.50 = £59.49
Dutch Passion site = 50 euros (£41) no postage cost.
Are there any disadvantages buying direct from Dutch Passion? Seems a lot better option if £18 cheaper.
Postal responsibility?
I am confused by the postal responsibility. I was under the impression that it was an internet sellers responsibility to ensure the item reaches the buyer, yet on the Dutch Passion site it states that regular (unrecorded/un-signed for) mail is my responsibility not theirs. I sell a lot on ebay and I know that it is my responsibility to get an item to the buyer and if it gets lost in the post I have to refund the buyer. So for higher value items I sell, I pay the extra cost of the recorded delivery as I don't want to cover the cost if it gets lost in the post.
Attitude Seeds site seems similar they have a £4.50 postage option, or £7.99 for guaranteed delivery and they say "Do not add guarantee (£0.00) (buyer accepts responsibility)"
I've also checked this on a european consumer website and it seems to confirm that it is the seller's responsibility.
Any have any further thoughts on this? are they perhaps allowed to shift responsibility to the buyer by stating this?
Thanks,
S Monkey

This one is one of my favourites in all honesty.. have a look see what you think

I think you just joined up to spam the site, 2 posts and they are both spam, have you read the rules?

2 people like this

Also Which say it's the sellers responsibility..

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/my-online-order-hasnt-arrived-what-can-i-do

So why would we even choose a guaranteed delivery option? Just pay less, then if it doesn't turn up, just get another packet sent instead.

Dont worry at all SM................... just go to site and order the beans, on the spanish pay site, fill in english, as usual, and they will arrive no sweat, and as you say fresher & cheaper from the horses mouth etc............

i have never had one not come through........ hope this aint construed as spam ?..................... rather just an inquiry about buying beans out there, thats it, nothing else !!..................... hope no harm done !!.................... AM

That was a bit confusing, I thought 'Pots' was saying I was spamming, but looks like someone else posted before him and their post was removed.

Think I'll risk it for a biscuit and order from DP.

Well after a number of emails back and forth to Attitude, they finally admitted that if I either go with their standard postage or the guaranteed delivery, if I don't receive the seeds I will get a refund or more seeds sent, as per distance selling regulations.

So... conclusion is, don't bother getting the guaranteed delivery, if package doesn't arrive, they will resend under either option, as they are obligated to do! A bit cheeky of them to sell a guaranteed postage option when the standard delivery is in theory guaranteed for us.

Dutch Passion finally admitted the same "...we are fully aware of European regulations, that why I say: We always make sure everything arrives and all complaints will be taken care of, according to those regulations.". Even though as mentioned earlier on their website it says that buyer accepts responsibility is choosing standard delivery!?

Moral...don't bother with guaranteed delivery, anywhere on the internet.

I feel like Matt Allwright.

@S Monkey Yes you are right, someone tried to spam the thread, it wasn't you.

Swift moderation.

And nice tip to save yourself some money, I think it's more for different countries use different laws?, or bad translation?.

I had thought it was more to do with packages being taken by the authorities and stuff. The extra attitude charge is to hide it in a t shirt or something so the law don't know what it is. Playing on people fears really