Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
styer556

AutoUltimate

106 posts in this topic

AutoUltimate Grow

Hi all , Time forarrow-10x10.png an other grow again yahoo.gif .This time an going to try 3 AutoUltimate

icn-fem.gif
Feminized cannabis seeds
icn-life.gif
70 days
icn_indicasativa.gif
Indica/ Sativa

Ok set uparrow-10x10.png is ,

250 watt Metal Halidearrow-10x10.png

400 watt Hps

2 shower fan fresh air intakes

1 Rhino extractor fan and carbon filterarrow-10x10.png

12 inch desk fan

1 1000 watt oil filled Rad with termostat on wall away from rad

Nutes are Plant Magicarrow-10x10.png Bio Silicon

Bio Bizz Bloom

Bio Bizz Fish Mix

Temps are 28 lightsarrow-10x10.png on 21 lights off

Humidity is low at the momentarrow-10x10.png but have trays of open water and a wet towel in box ,cant be helped

just trying to keep it as high as i can

My package came in the letter box this morning :yahoo:

gallery_76799_7430_75212.jpg

gallery_76799_7430_33281.jpg

OK i put 3 seeds into shot glass and will leave them there for few hours then into wet paper towels over night

Then into 2 inch pots of allmix and cover with cling film for 24 hours

Then under 250 watt metal halide for 1 week then 400 watt hps

Will be using 3 different pots size pots:)

7 litre round, 11 litre square,and have bought a 10 litre Airpot :)

gallery_76799_7430_87431.jpg

Will see how the airpot does against the other pots :)

Am going to give 1/2 mill per litre of silicon at 2 weeks ,no bloom till week 5 at least

i think if you give bloom to early with autos it stunts them and they dont reach there full growth level

Am looking forward to trying the airpot ,i think i have it up side down though ,so off to look up web to see how to put it together properly :)

Thanks for looking in :hippy::smokin:

Edited by styer556
1 person likes this

Good luck

1 person likes this

Yes air pot upside down :)

1 person likes this

Fuck the other two pots off and go into the 10l air pot bro . Best of luck

2 people like this

Yes air pot upside down :)

Thanks true,so the holes that are not open are at the top so water wont spill out ?

Fuck the other two pots off and go into the 10l air pot bro . Best of luck

Cheers budham ,was going to see it there was any difference in yield ,but might just buy 2 more am a little bit worried about watering them lol i dont have much patience

Thanks true,so the holes that are not open are at the top so water wont spill out ?

Yes mate thats it.

Also the nipples that stick outside the pot are the ones with the holes in.

The nipples, domes or dimples :) that stick in the pot are the closed ones.

Its hard to see on the picture but I think you have them the right way round just upside down.

Here is the How To Build airpots video if you are interested mate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaolYLf0qTY

The base should be 3 rows up from the bottom according to the video.

As you can see on my first grow Ive got crackers with 30l pots.

If your ordering some more pots get a big un... Whats to loose :)

Cheers budham ,was going to see it there was any difference in yield ,but might just buy 2 more am a little bit worried about watering them lol i dont have much patience

Hey mate sorry to bang on... Watering these pots is a pain and yes water will piss out unless you are mega slow with the jug :)

Ive got 9 on the go, kneeling, bending and reaching while its 28c gets boring very quick.

Ive built a dripper system which is not without pain also. Then not all your plants will always want the same as the others I have found.

So Im back to hand watering.

For me at least I dont mind making up what each plant needs, thats easy :)

At the moment Ive got 3 plants playing silly bollox so there on water.

The others are on half feed.

You could have taps on all your drippers, so thats a run round turning off taps and then pouring in feed1.

Then when thats finished turn all the others off and thats feed2.

Ive not done this as you can see it already sounds like a right arse hole...

Im not sure whats best if Im honest.

In an ideal world if everything grew fine and evenly this would not be a problem.

Im thinking of making some kind of pop bottle dripper with an up turned empty pop bottle with a dripper attached.

At least this way you can quickly run round with your different feeds or water and pour straight in to the waiting bottle and walk on to the next.

Its the slow pouring in the airpots and waiting that pisses me off.

If you can dump the liquid quick it would be easy, so I think this is my next move :)

gallery_83891_8290_65503.jpg

1 person likes this

Good luck with the grow styer, was thinking about getting some of these Auto Ultimates for my next grow.

I have ditched my air pots in favour of root pouches, soooo much easier to water with.. :yep:

2 people like this

Hey True thanks for video i did have it upside down :) 30 litre are big pots for sure but i dont really have room for them

have been watching your diary last few weeks and that is a lot of watering and time spent doing it

think i will get 2 more 10 litre airpots for this grow and just take my time watering lol i dont think i have a choice but not to or else water will be everywhere

i use a 2 litre watering can with rose head, supposed to be good lets oxygen in to water or something like that :)

I had a problem few grows ago of not watering plants enough and getting shite root ball and stunting the grow so hopefully these will make me take my time watering

Cheers :smokin:

Good luck with the grow styer, was thinking about getting some of these Auto Ultimates for my next grow.

I have ditched my air pots in favour of root pouches, soooo much easier to water with.. :yep:

Thanks vapes , they look nice am looking forward to these :)

lol what are root pouches will have to look them up never even heard of them :)

:smokin:

Sty + Vapes, alrgt guy's...... was reading your comments re air pots; Have you ever noticed, the root matrix seems to not want to go to near the holes, at edge of AP ? i have had it where, the root was 2' back from inside of air pot, all the way round the root ball. Air pruning seems to reduce the overall root volume. However, re the pot type same ltr soil comparison Sty, ive already watched it on a previous occasion.

The 15ltr AP one the yield contest, the square tall pot even had an "AirDome" fitted, 35ltr/min air, but no air holes drilled. The AP delivered 109 dry. the Airdome nxt at 72 dry. The control no airdome square pot, on hand watering delivered 59 dry, all had 15-20,000lux at canopy, ie an led each, in same loft. The strain was TD under led on an adapted aquavalve set up. Ie a wick system from aquavalve res up to the pot bottom, pot above res etc..... All plants where rotated 180 degree's each day, 100% improvement on light rails !!....

The AP TD, did look much bigger plant, but then you have to take, "Phenotypical Variance" into the equation. As only 3 in sample etc.

The AP comes from the horti industry. And for my part i think, good idea, but never revised after initial test. The rim blanks need to be another 2-3-4 rows deep of blanks. So when soils settle post watering (Wk4-5), it dont piss out the 1st set of air holes. As the investigation was based on air diffusion into root matrix.

A separate test was run. With an increased surface area for air diffusion into matrix. The tray size was 55cm square, and 26cm "Deep". The tray packed itself with matrix. All other conditions the same, same Soil & Strain, Hand watered, delivered a 3 plant average of 116 dry.

i would like to see a system combining all these factors.

A round air pot container, 50cm diameter, 35cm in height (Correct Lip Blanks), mounted over an aquavalve 1.5ltr standing res, with a dedicated wick set from air pot bottom support grid (Changeable) trailing into aquavalve res below 6no. And a round open centered rotisserie plant turner table, turning the plant 360 degree's every 2hrs. The wicks rotate/twist in the res, as the Dame is rotating under photon/lux.............. in addition, a round air matt to put in place of air dome half way up the soil volume in the low profile AP growing canna tray. Tray giving large surface area of soil, and AP holes and dome to assist max o2 (Limiting Growth Factor) into substrate.

When that kit comes out, with solar rotisserie rotators, book me in for 8no !!

Until that day, we have to get along in other ways like pissing air pots and noisy awkward hand rotations of the Dames. The thing i like about wick feeding is, you dont have to RTN (Read The Needs) of the dames, so much, re water and nute uptake differences. As the 1.5ltr light shaded res, is allways full due to aquavalve. Some drink alot to end of flower some dont. But importantly with this design the root "Is Not In Water 24/7" causing issues of another kind. yea, would defo like to see a shallow AP Solar rotisare aquavalve unit. Any thoughts guy's ? to improve design ?... the 420 Rotisaire ?..................

I am using around aluminum pot plant stand with 4 nylon casters on 30cm diam, placed in a 35cm round brown plastic pot tray, , the pot stand on wheels is in the tray, so over water goes into the pot tray below, telling me she aint drinking it all, !! but pushes up RH due to standing water in 35cm under tray !! I hand rotate them by hand, hand watering daily to. Hand rotating the Dutch Dames, as compared, improves yield by a factor of 15-20% dry yield end of......... good luck for the AutoUlti grow Styers, The Ulti is a nice smoke mate............ AM

Edited by AutoMaster
3 people like this

Hey AM this is my first time using an airpot only ever used normal pots before,the root pouches sound good am going to shop tomorrow to see if they have any

cheers for info you know one hell of a lot about growing mate ... i never rotated my pots before ,will do so from now on :)

the airpots might make me slow down with my watering AM :) still learning this growing lark ,Loving it though dont know what i would do if i had to stop :)

Your Orange Hill Specials look lovely by the way would love to try them some day :rockon:

1 person likes this

Hey all went to grow shop today and bought these for couple of quid each

gallery_76799_7430_127773.jpg

also bought 50 litre bag of plagron allmix never used this before but heard it was very good

will use the airpot and these 2 dirt pots

2 of the autoultimate have popped there heads :yahoo:

gallery_76799_7430_136513.jpg

gallery_76799_7430_91402.jpg

thanks for looking :rockon:

2 people like this

Alrgt Styer's.................. The flexi dirt pots look like they will let a shed load more o2 in Sty............ and a much more sensible dollar spent to boot...............

Sty, it is true that the Auto's prefer not to be re-potted from scratch etc................. a better result, is not to disturb to fine junior root hairs at all. Sty, have a look in your Dp catalog, which sets out the best germ method for Dp's beans. I can vouch for it. Put the bean in final pot, blunt end downwards, cover 4-8mm deep in sieved fine soil of the type you prefer, or if chunky soil, filter seedling compost straight over the top of bean to same depth 4-8mm deep.

Then water (Soak Well In) in with plain aerated water, ph'ed down to 6.3, with fine rose on a small watering can so it dont disturb the surface soils etc. Then cover the top of pot to form greenhouse effect, with cling film, put a light above about 3-4 foot above pot top. keep at 23-15c, and germination percentages will rise to at least 9 outa 10, done this way. And you will not run the risk of stunting, re micro pot root binding, and translocation thermal issues all effect the "Juniors" adult performance...............The AutoUltimate, is a great strain, that grows as large as a "Regular" with same outcome !!...superb XL yields..........enjoy the Ultimate Sty, it is a superb smoke/vapes........... AM

1 person likes this