Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cambium

Can Britain Feed Itself

42 posts in this topic

wwe did it for 3-4 years during WW II (with minimal imports) .....I think we could do it now , but have to be rationing again .... apparently as a nation we were fitter than ever in that period

I don't think Britain will be able to feed itself in the future even if we could today, I've seen one farmer grow random shit like grass and weeds in stripes between crops (like they say in the video below) and also seen men in suits in one of his fields, with a bit of the crop fenced off like they was monitoring it, but others just carry on like it's 19-99.

i remember food rationing, i used to take stamps to get sweets

Yes we can feed ourselves but people need to take responsibility for it themselves and stop expecting food to be produced for them.

The food system is broken because we forgot the golden rule of life on earth... We must not take more than we give back.

We stopped putting out human and animal waste back on the land, it all goes to landfill rather than being composted and put back in the soil to fuel the next cycle.

We got smart, thought we could be self sufficient without nature and decided to just pour nitrates into the soil to grow crops. Although this will grow plant matter, the food is only around 20% as nutritious and we rely on chemical pesticides and herbicides to achieve a yield.

We need to relearn organic growing practices, get the skills back in the hands of the people and grow our own food.

We don't need to government subsidised mega farms that produce nutritionally deficient, toxin soaked junk when we can take control of it ourselves.

Anyone can have their own organic veg garden and then yes, we can feed ourselves.

RR

1 person likes this

@@Road_Runner Have you looked around at people? They want sugar and calories and watch TV instead of growing it themsleves lol

2 people like this

theres loads of waste land even in inner city areas that people should use to grow fruit and veg..

i hope they will teach gardening in schools, my friends kids are learning about it.. perhaps it should be compulsory

Edited by Subliminal Criminal

OP No, We haven't been able to for a little over 100 years. We could perhaps, being generous with the projection, feed 33m people. I really think that is an over optimistic figure. 1 person 1 acre of land, lush fertile land, will feed one person for a year. My 33m doesn't taken any resting land and therefore assume agro chemicals and fertilisers to sustain that potential of 33m I know Cambian see the things a little differently, he believes 60/65 million. but even at Cambian's figures we are at capacity.

Edited by Hir

OP No, We haven't been able to for a little over 100 years. We could perhaps, being generous with the projection, feed 33m people. I really think that is an over optimistic figure. 1 person 1 acre of land, lush fertile land, will feed one person for a year. My 33m doesn't taken any resting land and therefore assume agro chemicals and fertilisers to sustain that potential of 33m I know Cambian see the things a little differently, he believes 60/65 million. but even at Cambian's figures we are at capacity.

Well, seeing as we're at about 76% self sufficiency, with a 60 odd million population I'd say there's definitely some wiggle room. Masses of underutilised land, biocrops, waste etc.. loads of room for improvement.

I would say your 33 million figure is already redundant.

:nenenenene:

radical changes are needed , multi-culture fields are needed along with loads of hemp .

this is a start

survival of the fittest would mean in time we would reach a level of sustainability