Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leeroy Jenkins

First grow, Fast and Vast

27 posts in this topic

all the best with the grow.

red i

1 person likes this

thanks red i.

I've been having heat problems, the air con hasn't been making any difference so a few days it has been going up over 30C, my only solution to this is to leave the door open which really isn't ideal since the room it's in is dusty. Still doesn't feel too hot to the touch at the distance they are from the lights, it's just the ambient reading taken from a sensor in a pocket, but I can see that it has effected growth for myself, since they're pretty much the same size they were before the hot days, and before that they were growing very visibly every day. I know yield will suffer but I'm also really worried about stressing them.

Anyway they don't look too bad for two weeks and apparently it won't be so hot in the coming days, so I'll just have to go against all my instincts and hope for a cold summer. Have a look for yourself.

IMG 20140519 152740[1]

IMG 20140519 152737[1]

IMG 20140519 152733[1]

IMG 20140519 152727[1]

IMG 20140527 174248[1]

IMG 20140527 174239[2]

IMG 20140527 174233[1]

IMG 20140527 174225[1]

Busy week for the plants, looking nice and bushy now. Beginning of week four since germing and I'm feeding them with their next water (1/3 of a tsp per litre and I went off the idea of doing two of them non-organic, aiming for nicest taste), which was supposed to be today (been five days since last water) but soil still felt moist to finger in at second knuckle. I definitely over-watered them last time I watered, nothing catastrophic but the leaves are just now perking up after having been downturned since then.

Will keep updating this thread in the following weeks.

I overcompensated for the alkaline water when I fed them and they are now all showing signs of a nitrogen deficiency, two of them just have the yellowing but one is also more lifeless and the new leaves look twisted, and one has bolted a bit. Since then I've watered again with a correct ph and (I think) the buds are growing again, still got a full month to go so I'm hoping it wasn't too much of a setback. RIP lower leaves.

IMG 20140602 150223[1]

IMG 20140602 150218[1]

IMG 20140602 150215[1]

IMG 20140602 150211[1]

Can I ask what size pots ur in bro ?

1 person likes this

I'm actually not sure Mr. T. I can tell they're a fair bit larger than 10L because I have those for comparison, but when I bought them I just didn't check the size, just saw they were big. I read somewhere before I planted that more was better but now realise that could be a drainage issue... praying I don't have root-rot.

If you're trying to gather the scale to size the girls I can tell you the two squatters are about 10" and the taller two are about 12". Also that's 1sm they're in there.

Middle leaves starting to yellow on 3 of them, not a Ph issue at this stage so I'm guessing I was afraid of nute burn and they're hungry... week 5 now and I've just plain watered so next time I'm up to full strength feed, hope that'll be what they need. Only reason I'm not frantic about it is buds are still increasing, slowly but surely.

Okay brother im in 11ltr square pots there looking nice thou auto dnt like too much feed man thats what ive read any way they like week feeds good luck with ur grow :)

Thanks Mr. T, yeah I read the same but I read some saying the opposite as well, I think autos are just less studied. I'm only using organic feed which is harder to burn with anyway.

This is a lot of what I've been going off, although his time-scale might be too long for this strain: http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?65751-This-should-help-Newbie-Auto-Growers

Although this guy seems to have gone 9/10 weeks and done really well, but Herbie's says 8 so not sure: http://www.420magazine.com/forums/plant-bud-photos/212477-heavyweight-fast-vast-autoflower-cfl-grow.html

2 people like this

Same here bro bio bizz bloom :) thanx ill have a look man :)

1 person likes this

did you get these off herbies site and any one ever grew these as im thinking of doing them next cheers

This is my second grow first time using auto flowering strains! I decided to go with heavyweight fast and vast! I've got 8 seedlings in 18ltr pots I have 2x 1.2x1.2x2.0 grow tents with 600w hps light in each tent! And 2x 4'' extraction fans with carbon filters! I'm using the whole plant magic range from the plant magic soil supreme and im the soil grow and soil bloom! My lighting schedule is 18/6 my temps seem to be quite high during the days So I run the lights at night I did start off with 10 seeds one didn't germinate and me being heavy handed broke one of the seedlings stems 😡 but the rest are looking good! I can't wait too see these baby's shoot up!! Good luck with yours

This is my second grow first time using auto flowering strains! I decided to go with heavyweight fast and vast! I've got 8 seedlings in 18ltr pots I have 2x 1.2x1.2x2.0 grow tents with 600w hps light in each tent! And 2x 4'' extraction fans with carbon filters! I'm using the whole plant magic range from the plant magic soil supreme and im the soil grow and soil bloom! My lighting schedule is 18/6 my temps seem to be quite high during the days So I run the lights at night I did start off with 10 seeds one didn't germinate and me being heavy handed broke one of the seedlings stems 😡 but the rest are looking good! I can't wait too see these baby's shoot up!! Good luck with yours