Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.


true

Opticlimate water cooled air con / Heater / Dehumidifier all in one -

51 posts in this topic

These have been at my local store for some time now...as I understand not many people have made the plunge mainly because of price...you can't blame them...crazy bit of kit though...

 

Farmer 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, BoomTing said:

 

I dont understand what you mean with the fan and filter part ?

 

I just thought i still had a fan and filter on extracting the smells and providing negative pressure (albeit very slow 5-10%)

 

 

If you fill a box with 1400m/3 of air you need to extract more than that to keep negative pressure....the opti recycles the air from the room...hot air from the room goes through your fan n filter through the back of the opti and comes out the front cooled back into the room

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ravsta said:

If you fill a box with 1400m/3 of air you need to extract more than that to keep negative pressure....the opti recycles the air from the room...hot air from the room goes through your fan n filter through the back of the opti and comes out the front cooled back into the room

Have you got one ?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BoomTing said:

Have you got one ?

 

Yes

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ravsta said:

 

Yes

 

Any pictures of yours setup please ? How long you had it ? and how quiet is it ??

Share this post


Link to post

If you are worried about water consumption you can buy an evaporative cooler

 

I like these things but our 2-3 weeks of hot weather don't really warrant one. I love how the opticlimate links up with the dimlux maxi controller though

 

Another thing to consider is if you live in a hard water area with tap water constantly running through the unit I can't imagine it lasting very long.

 

www.weitforum.nl    lots of dutch growers on there have a lot of problems with the opti

Share this post


Link to post

Been trying to get a demo but no shops local to me have them in use, they have them just to buy.

 

Im a softwater area so that shouldnt really be a problem.

 

Its not just the 2 -3 weeks of warm weather but the silence aspect. 

 

My fans are ranmping up and down all the time  and can get very noisy at night. (no problems with fans as i have 10" Vector EC out and 8" Vector EC in)

 

Im only running 2 x 1000w DE lights :( 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, BoomTing said:

Been trying to get a demo but no shops local to me have them in use, they have them just to buy.

 

Im a softwater area so that shouldnt really be a problem.

 

Its not just the 2 -3 weeks of warm weather but the silence aspect. 

 

My fans are ranmping up and down all the time  and can get very noisy at night. (no problems with fans as i have 10" Vector EC out and 8" Vector EC in)

 

Im only running 2 x 1000w DE lights :( 

My friend uses an opticlimate too and they are also noisy. Also as @ravsta said they will make as much noise as your extraction fans

 

You should look into the new revolution silenced EC fans. They are meant to be pretty quiet, imo I dont think an opticlimate is the answer to your noise problems

 

You could also box the fans in, and use phonictrap ducting and stud the walls with  soundbloc plasterboard in the room you are growing in and neighbours shouldnt hear a thing.

 

also @BoomTing are you still using your alien pro system?

Edited by Ice

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ice said:

My friend uses an opticlimate too and they are also noisy. Also as @ravsta said they will make as much noise as your extraction fans

 

You should look into the new revolution silenced EC fans. They are meant to be pretty quiet, imo I dont think an opticlimate is the answer to your noise problems

 

You could also box the fans in, and use phonictrap ducting

 

also @BoomTing are you still using your alien pro system?

 

My fans are already the revolution vector ec fans... They are very noisy on the GAS controller and balancer regardless of settings.

 

Yes mate just got it back out retirement after a couple of years lol

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BoomTing said:

 

My fans are already the revolution vector ec fans... They are very noisy on the GAS controller and balancer regardless of settings.

 

Yes mate just got it back out retirement after a couple of years lol

Are they the silenced revolution vector ec fans though? the non silenced ones I heard are very noisy so they bought out some new silenced ones

 

I was going to invest in a 10inch one myself but if you say they are still very noisy I might reconsider

 

If you go to growell wembley they have the opticlimate on display

Share this post


Link to post

Im up north me buddy so thats a massive drive for me.

 

They are around the same noise levels as my old phresh fans and very similar in powerfulness (in fact id say the phresh is that little bit more powerful and quieter on full chat)

 

Its more the controller if im honest, it just wont stay at the temps required.. it constantly is jumping from min to max as the temp is reached then back to min.... very annoying and very loud

Share this post


Link to post

@BoomTing heres a vid of some spanish geezas setting up the opti

 

 

Edited by Ice

Share this post


Link to post

still on the fence about this....

 

@ravsta how noisy is yours bud ?  I have seen one working in a shop and it was silent.

 

Do you use co2 in a sealed room or do you have extract running to refresh the air ?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

@ boomting    Id say about 60db max...im running 2 tents on the duel room 1 is on 1400ppm of co2 the others getting nothing just recycled air from the opti and at 3 weeks of flower there looks to be no difference

 

The extracted air runs back to the opti so need for air out...but if you running 1 tent it would be better to run with 2 extracts 1 to the opti and 1 out the tent which would keep negative pressure...1 of the extracts would be just the 10inch ducting from the back of the opti so no need for a fan and filter but the other would need to be a fan and filter

 

opti 6000 kicks out 1400m/3

fan n filter ruck 1400m/3 on both tents back to the opti

2 x 6" fans between the 2 tents...when the lights on in one a 6" fan draws air into the other tent which keeps negative pressure and vice versa

You only have one 6" fan running at a time

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, ravsta said:

@ boomting    Id say about 60db max...im running 2 tents on the duel room 1 is on 1400ppm of co2 the others getting nothing just recycled air from the opti and at 3 weeks of flower there looks to be no difference

 

The extracted air runs back to the opti so need for air out...but if you running 1 tent it would be better to run with 2 extracts 1 to the opti and 1 out the tent which would keep negative pressure...1 of the extracts would be just the 10inch ducting from the back of the opti so no need for a fan and filter but the other would need to be a fan and filter

 

opti 6000 kicks out 1400m/3

fan n filter ruck 1400m/3 on both tents back to the opti

2 x 6" fans between the 2 tents...when the lights on in one a 6" fan draws air into the other tent which keeps negative pressure and vice versa

You only have one 6" fan running at a time

 

Would you recommend running a sealed room with co2 ? Also do how often do you replace the filters in the back of the opti?

 

Could you not have a carbon filter connected to a fan and ducting pushing into the back of the opti or would that not work ?

 

Sorry for all the questions but its a massive investment and i need to make sure its viable.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now