Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Losthighway

starting a grow room...

28 posts in this topic

Ok so I've decided to get a room going for my own personal use I'll be using soil and I'm just looking for some help and info, I've got some mates who grow an have offered advice but also I'd like to get an outside opinion on this. I've got myself a walkin closet in my main bedroom I'll attach a pic, it's 5ftx3ft with a door for entry, I've got a lighting unit which is a 400w adjust a wing and a 8" Rhino filter from my brother. I need to know what's the best extractor to put with this. Also I was thinking of running the duckt pipe into the attic above an putting the fan up in there for the outtake? I'll give more details after ive had some help from what seems to be a great forum. Thanx for reading people. O this room is now empty

I run a 6" ruck with my 8" Rhino on a fan controller :yep:

I run a 6" ruck with my 8" Rhino on a fan controller :yep:

What's a ruck buddy, could you point me in the direction with a link please

What's a ruck buddy, could you point me in the direction with a link please

A ruck is just a fan. choose one here. <spam removed> But first you must choose what lighting you're going to use before deciding on a fan.

If i were you, in that size room i'd go for 2 x 400w's with adjustawings with a 6inch high powered RVK fan. Or a better one (isomax) if you got the budget.

Edited by TheStoneDuk
to delete spam

A ruck is just a fan. choose one here. <spam removed> But first you must choose what lighting you're going to use before deciding on a fan.

If i were you, in that size room i'd go for 2 x 400w's with adjustawings with a 6inch high powered RVK fan. Or a better one (isomax) if you got the budget.

I'm gonna stick with the one 400w light as I'm only looking to keep 4 plants at a time for myself so that should be ok yeah? Thanks for the fan link buddy.

Edited by TheStoneDuk
to remove spam from quote

I'm gonna stick with the one 400w light as I'm only looking to keep 4 plants at a time for myself so that should be ok yeah? Thanks for the fan link buddy.

Well if you want just 1 400w i'd recommend getting a small tent, as it's a bit too big of a space for 400w.

400w in that space will give you 29 lumens per square ft. You wanna shoot for 50 per square ft at least to get optimum results ;)

What height is your space btw?

The height in there is 7ft 8. Wouldn't I be able to make a box for the extraction in there chaps thanks again I'm a noob

Smashing handbag ha. Nice name love the Wu

Edited by Losthighway

@@Losthighway you should take that down and upload directly to 420 dude, external pic hosting's a security risk

e2a, nice handbag though :yep:

Edited by wu-tang-sam

@@Losthighway you should take that down and upload directly to 420 dude, external pic hosting's a security risk

e2a, nice handbag though :yep:[

Ha my birds buddy, how can I post pics directly as it not giving me the option on my phone that I can see

Not sure on the phone pics man, sorry. I'll go look for a link.

You could just partition a bit of the closet off if your worried about light spread.

Where are you planning on drawing fresh air in from? is there an internal vent in the closet?

Have you considered putting a smallish tent in there? It would solve all the spread and light leaks issues at a stroke. Much easier to control the environment too.

The height in there is 7ft 8. Wouldn't I be able to make a box for the extraction in there chaps thanks again I'm a noob

Not sure what you mean by 'make a box for extraction' but here's my advice.

When you're deciding on factors like extraction, you really need to look at what will happen in a 'worst case scenario' i.e, what happens if your filter falls down, or just gradually stops working during flowering? (you mentioned it's second hand).... If you live in a semi-detached or a terraced house, and you're venting into the attic, then your neighbours might smell what's going on should this 'worst case scenario' happen, as many semis have a loft space separated by little more than a 4.5inch brick wall, uninsulated and unsealed around the edges. If you're in a detached house, no problem, but just bear things like this in mind.

I would 100% recommend you get a tent, look on these forums for the Hydrolab thread, and get a LAB80 (just under 3ftx3ft) it's only £90 and you can probably get a discount code on here somewhere. Remember, they're not just beneficial if you're only going for the 400w, to make sure you get the most out of your light, but they help with spillages, mess and just containing everything in one place.....the tent is the one thing i would advise you don't hesitate to buy if you're serious about this.

I would advise you try coco as a medium,but that's just my preference over soil.

Get a decent PH and EC meter, they're worth their weight in gold.

There are many other things, too many to mention really, but i can't stress enough how important a tent is.

But the single most important thing of all is research, research, research and more research. Everything you need to know is online somewhere, you've got to read as much as you can. If you run into this not feeling confident that you know what your doing, you won't get anything but a higher electric bill.

Edited by Doozy
1 person likes this

Ah, can't be done. Not much call for it as most don't have their canna pics on mobile for obvious reasons.

@ is expanding on the tent suggestion, good call man

e2a, she sure likes that leopard skin. Is that her head? is having that space for a grow that important lol

Edited by wu-tang-sam

Not sure on the phone pics man, sorry. I'll go look for a link.

You could just partition a bit of the closet off if your worried about light spread.

Where are you planning on drawing fresh air in from? is there an internal vent in the closet?

Have you considered putting a smallish tent in there? It would solve all the spread and light leaks issues at a stroke. Much easier to control the environment too.

See now this is what I've been thinking as the left wall inside is the main outside wall and the right os just a partition wall so the fresh air intake was something I was thinking about. To be honest I've not got much money Togo an buy a tent now.