Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpiderKamenetzki

Spider's Dutch Passion harvest thread

22 posts in this topic

Heya all,

So, I didn't bother setting up a grow diary for the current grow I've got going. I know, bad call. Anyways, over the next three weeks my various DP plants are all coming down, and I thought I'd start a thread to show what I've managed to get out of them.

The first plant came down today - she was an Auto White Widow and a faster finisher then the rest of them, including the other AWW. I took some snaps of the harvest, one with flash and one without. She looks like she might have hit the 2oz mark. Still, you know what they say about counting one's chickens.

gallery_23208_8369_142951.jpeg

gallery_23208_8369_222380.jpeg

The next girl to come down is the other AWW on Sunday, which will be day 85. The weekend after that the rest of them should come down, which is two Blue AutoMazar plants and two Think Differents. They are all looking pretty ragged now, but their environment is pretty much perfect at the moment, so hopefully the dreaded mould won't show its ugly face.

That's it for today, tomorrow I'll post some snaps of my brand new dry box complete with hanging AWW bud. Cheerio.

5 people like this

Looks nice, I have an pack of DP seeds here but I do not plan to use them this year. I really like how the Blue AutoMazar looks in DP's photo's.

Well done. I like they do not look very leafy nice and tight looking bud structure.

1 person likes this

Hi Spider you grower you,look what you've gone n' done...Grown some lovely looking nugz!! Weldone mate. Good snaps.looking forward to the rest. Glad you've got your enviro' going well. Nice one. :yep:

1 person likes this

nice looking nugs spider, it will be interesting to get your views on the comparative schmokes as well. Enjoy!

1 person likes this

Nice to see the WW auto is a quick finisher i have 2 on the go atm nice harvest dude enjoy the fruits :)

Yeah this one went to 11 weeks, but that was with my green hands. The second one is coming down on Saturday or Sunday which will have made it 12 weeks for that one. The bloody TDs and BAMs look like they're set to go to 13... they're just not stopping O_o

1 person likes this

Hi Spider,

the TD will reward you if you let it go a week or two longer. If you can remember mine.lol.it would've gone to 15wks.It would've being piling on all the weight in those last two weeks. Nice man. Enjoy your fruits.

1 person likes this

Hey Canny,

Yeah, I'm beginning to realise the TD won't stop! Crazy fucking plant! It's on 85 days now, gonna let it run till at least 92 days, which will be bang on 13 weeks. It's a shame - I want to leave it longer but this grow is well overdue now as it is and I need to get these plants cut down :< I've actually been sneak peaking at your TD diary this whole time Canny, neither of mine look anything near as nice as yours did (what can I say, you're a pro) but I really feel like I've 'dialled in' to my set up this grow. It's gone a lot better. The plants still look thrashed but I think I've finally got my head round feeding them.

Right then, on with the show. I know I promised y'all some pictures of my new dry box but I thought about it... seems a bit boring really... unless of course there was a load of weed in it! With that in mind, my second Auto White Widow is coming down tomorrow. She's gone 12 weeks - a week longer than I thought, but hey, I go by the trichromes and the calyxes, and she definitely needed the extra time.

The other AWW is now officially dried, manicured and jarred! I spent about 5 hours yesterday trimming her, but it was fairly leisurely and chilled out so no biggie. I'm pleased to announce that she officially weighs in at 57.75g so just managed to get over 2 ounces! HUZZAH! Because she finished way before the rest I had estimated her yield rather conservatively at around an ounce and a half, but she outdid my expectations which is nice.

Anyways, that's enough for today, I'll be back tomorrow with pictures of the second White Widow lady hung drawn and quartered. In the mean time, gaze upon the fruits of my labour thus far, and sympathise with the fact that I have to wait at least another 2 fucking weeks before I can smoke it. GAH!

gallery_23208_8369_30893.jpeg

3 people like this

Hey Spider mate,

a 2wk wait for a tokey of it? I feel your pain mate.lol. Me a pro,ta,but not by a long chalk. You'll be a pro before me Spider. Someone made an interesting comment recently. Stating that some of us had been growing longer than they'd been born. Those of us that have didn't have 420 though. N' for that reason alone you'll get to be at the level these people are faster than they did. I also notice as i take this happy trail that it's not just down to skills. A lot of it is the equipment we have at our disposal,the space we have to grow it in n' time we can give over to our lil' hobby. My grow just progressed because i was lucky enough to get a better space. The first equipment upgrade i made was the aquisition of a 100cm Parabolic shade. An immediate improvement in light spread. N' so on it'll go. What we can afford n' where we can do it . Anyone who can do a grow in the UK is already doing well.Good skills you've got 'em. :yep:

1 person likes this

Haha, well one day when this little hobby of ours is all legitimate and dandy we'll meet up spliff and talk horticulture :) you're far too modest bro, I'd have a field day picking your brain!

Totally hear you on the parabolic though, I bought one after my last grow for this one and it's SO much better, it's crazy. You're right though, it's all about the quality of the equipment you use and how well you're locked into it. Currently I'm growing in a space that is less than ideal, but I've worked out what I need to make it better so onwards and upwards eh? :)

1 person likes this

That's the way mate. Onwards n' Upwards. Just gonna start a GG diary. Have look in later mate. atb.

Righty ho, update time! The second Widow has been harvested, and I must say what a lovely lady she is. While it was fairly evident that the first Widow had been stressed a little throughout its life, the second was absolutely perfect. She smells divine, a really lovely fresh smell that reminds me slightly of pine and citrus mixed. The buds are beautifully compact and caked in trichromes, so much so that while trimming her I tried to avoid all finger contact with the buds, despite wearing gloves. There was a good scissor hash haul that day :D

Anyways, been promising y'all some pictures of my new banged together dry box for a while now, so here it is complete with the hung remains of Miss Widow number 2.

gallery_23208_8369_152964.jpeg

gallery_23208_8369_113949.jpeg

I know the buds look teeny in those pictures, but trust me, its just because the dry box is fookin massive. It's got a small built in extraction system as well, which was made by screwing and sealing a 12v PC fan over a whole in the side of the box. The fan itself is really powerful, so I'm running it at 5v to make the extraction more gentle.

Before I go, I just had to share this one with you:

gallery_23208_8369_104745.jpeg

gallery_23208_8369_54410.jpeg

This is one of my TD plants, the one I prefer. It's gone so many gnarly colours, it looks wicked! Unfortunately the yellowing of the sugar leaves in the top bud was caused by a slight over fert my myself when I got a new bottle of OT Bloom around week 9 or 10. It was definitely a different composition to the last bottle I had (which was about 11 months older), and the plant reacted badly to the same level of dose. D'oh. Oh well, it hasn't really seemed to have affected her. I still love her. She's got this sickly sweet aroma to her and is definitely the most trichy of all the plants. Also, the purpling is cool as hell.

2 people like this

Well it's been about a week since my last update. In that time two more of the plants have come down, been partially trimmed and are in the dry box now. One of them was my favourite plant of the grow, the funky looking Think Different pictured above. The other was one of the Blue AutoMazar that my flat mate was responsible for. The Think Different is absolutely covered in resin and trichromes and looks absolutely delicious. She'll probably get brown bagged on Tuesday for a couple of days, then on into the jar. Here's a couple of pics of her hanging around:

Left hand side:

gallery_23208_8369_151377.jpeg

Right hand side:

gallery_23208_8369_42697.jpeg

And a joint's worth of scissor hash I got from trimming her:

gallery_23208_8369_23462.jpeg

I've got to say the Blue AutoMazar plant that's been trimmed isn't quite as trichrome rich has the TD. It had a bit of a rough life and got a bit neglected. My flatmate has had bigger priorities in the last few weeks, and I'm pretty sure they were over ferted for quite a while. Having said that, she's still a beauty of a plant. And her main cola is chunky! This is a picture of it after a couple of days drying:

gallery_23208_8369_15477.jpeg

Yummy.

Meanwhile, further down the development chain, the second plant to come down, the final AutoWhite Widow has now completed its drying and has been jarred up. I managed to botch the drying of the first AWW by stupidly leaving a dehumidifier on in the room where it was drying, and as a result it dried too quickly. It's been curing for 2 weeks and while there's a bit of a scent to it, it doesn't smell particularly strong. This was not at all the case with the second AWW. I dried her for a total of 9 days in total, 7 days hanging and 2 days in brown bags. I read a post by Amnesia in a thread on the harvesting and curing forum where he recommends putting the bud in brown bags for 48-72 hours when the stems are dry enough to just start snapping, which was at the 7 day mark for me. Well, it turns out that it was some solid advice, as after a mere hour in the jars they were giving off a beautiful pine like odour that had the freshness of how the plant smelt when it was growing. It's pretty delightful.

Overall I'm very happy with this strain, I've had a little smoke off it and it's strong pot, and although the whole grow wasn't entirely smooth sailing she's grown very frosty lush looking buds and weighs in at a grand total of 85g. Which considering how cack handed I was with it in the middle of its life is amazing. Fantastic genetics all round with this one.

EDIT: Removed picture because it of a misjudgement when taking it, causing an unwanted reflection.

[url=http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=galleryℑ=237501][/url

Coming up next time, there's a second TD to be harvested and trimmed on Sunday, and one Blue AutoMazar that looks like it's going to go over the 100 day mark. Wowzers.

Thanks for reading, peace out and happy smokes.

Edited by SpiderKamenetzki
5 people like this

lovely cropping spider. The Think Different looks like it should give you a another few jars

Excellent looking buds !

2 people like this

Nice buds mate :)