Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2much_208

12 weeks in trichs still clear as day

20 posts in this topic

Chop a bit and smoke it , you will know everything you need from that.

1 person likes this

I used to hate Autos but I'm learning to like them.

I never seen amber trichs on them. Not too much cloudy either.

I let one go 90 something days and still no amber.

I just chop them at 65 days and pick buds off them to quick dry, while I wait for the real MJ plants to finish :clown:

I've had a 9 week auto (black jack) take 100 days to finish.

So minus 3 weeks is same time as jack herer pheno type flowering time.

The quicker stated times are most likely for ruderalis pheno type.

This Amber Trichs malarkey, its an Urban Myth IMO. Fact is, some strains never go milky let alone amber. And in other strains, amber only happens when the plant is almost dead and well past its sell by date.

Let's talk about "Ripeness" instead. When is a plant "Ripe"? 56 days? 63? 77? When the pack says? When your mate down the pub who has been growing for a hundred years says it is? Nope, none of the above!

Its ripe, when it meets the demands of the end user. What I like in my smoke, may not be what you like. The point being, you should "take" your plant down when she is ready to give you what you want. Maybe you like an "Up" High? take early. Maybe you prefer couch~lock? take late.

When I'm growing a strain or a donated cut for the first time, this is how I determine the harvest time: I take a branch off at day 56 and dry it as usual. Then another is taken on day 63, and another on day 70, and then (if I thinks its needed) day 77, and so on. Slow dry and cure as usual, making sure that each sample is carefully labelled. Smoke testing soon discovers which Branch I like best. Once I have isolated which branch is best for me, then I have my harvest time for future crops. And I haven't examined a single trich! Not done so for ten years or more now. Unless I do it just to see what's going on, or to decide if the plant is a decent hash source (not all plants are).

The thing is, we grow for personal consumption. So the one and only person who can tell you when your weed is ripe, is .... You! Forget the packet, forget your mates (down the pub or grow shop or wherever), and forget that book you read about growing cannabis last year. Read the plant, and read yourself. These two alone are your authoritative guides! Everyone else can go and do their own thing. You aren't growing for them, you are growing for yourself!

5 people like this

Post of the year so far