Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
true

Dutch Passion AutoXtreme in 30 litre airpot

255 posts in this topic

BOOM! and there she is....what a grow room! If you cant grow an auto somewhere near tthe size of ledbud's efforts then i'll eat my best hat ;)

You've all the equipment, medium, nutes and pots to do it mate so best of luck mate, i'll be keeping my eye firmly on this if you dont mind sir?

:yinyang:

3 people like this

Bloody hell thats a groom no diggidy doubt lovely space!

If i could give you one bit of advice is don't let those 30 l airpots dry out for fecks sake. lol

Pulling up a chair good luck dude

Thanks for the advice LM.

Im a bit worried about this, not used soil before so not totally sure on the watering..

1 person likes this

BOOM! and there she is....what a grow room! If you cant grow an auto somewhere near tthe size of ledbud's efforts then i'll eat my best hat ;)

You've all the equipment, medium, nutes and pots to do it mate so best of luck mate, i'll be keeping my eye firmly on this if you dont mind sir?

:yinyang:

Hey cheers dude, I just need an arm chair in there :)

Thanks for the advice LM.

Im a bit worried about this, not used soil before so not totally sure on the watering..

Get yourself a watering can with a fine rose and water slowly don't drown the surface layer or you will spring leaks.

2 people like this

LMJ is spot on. A fine rose is a must with air pots, in my experience. Also, when you put the soil in the pot, make sure you bang the pot down to make sure the soil settles in the place. Also, I've found that making a basin shape at the top of the soil helps a butt ton for watering - picked this tip up from LMJ, check out his 'autos love airpots' thread stickied in this forum for pictures.

1 person likes this

Cheers Spider and LMJ :)

Ive noticed a couple of days after potting up my soil has settled quite a bit.

I did tap and pat my airpots while filling but should of give them a good firm patting down I reckon.

Ive gone round today topping the pots up and then another sprinkle of vermiculite.... Ive got soil and bits of verm bloody everywhere :shock:

Its not doing my OCD any favours I can tell ya...

Is it wrong to hoover and mop ones groom so its like new again ? :yahoo:

Everything is potted up now in my monster 30l airpots.

Ive even kept on the runt plant, its looking a lot better now.

I have noticed a couple of plants with very small yellow bits on the leaves.

Im trying not to panic too much... Any ideas people?

Perhaps just a bit of stress due to potting up?

All the other plants look fine.

Sorry the images are not the best quality :)

gallery_83891_8651_392266.jpg

gallery_83891_8651_285245.jpg

Holy shit man That's what you call a grow room! Your gonna have a mini jungle in there haha. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out. In regards to your yellowing leaves, I couldnt tell you exactly whats causing that but the first set of leaves on one of my autos started to yellow and nothing else happened, the rest of the plant grew ok. Your conditions seem pretty spot on (and better than mine) so I'm sure you'll be fine. Anyway All the best mate.

Edited by kush-bush
1 person likes this

What a setup

1 person likes this

Holy shit man That's what you call a grow room! Your gonna have a mini jungle in there haha. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out. In regards to your yellowing leaves, I couldnt tell you exactly whats causing that but the first set of leaves on one of my autos started to yellow and nothing else happened, the rest of the plant grew ok. Your conditions seem pretty spot on (and better than mine) so I'm sure you'll be fine. Anyway All the best mate.

What a setup

Cheers people.

Day 22 since starting the seeds in paper towels.

I will do some pictures tonight and report back.

The plant with the issues aint getting any better :(

The plant with the issues aint getting any better :(

Cull it then, I would. If it's naturally sickly and has limped into its existence, there's not a lot of point hoping for the best and trying to get a good result out of it. Kill it and save the leccy, or better yet, stick another bean under there.

1 person likes this

Bloody hell Spider sounds a bit harsh my mate :)

Im going do a few pictures tomorrow, so will see what you reckon when you've seen it...

1 person likes this

Update: Day 18 & 25 since putting the seeds in paper towel.

Ive got a few plants with little niggling issues.

Ive no real idea whats up but its suspected low temps at lights off, my large pots are contributing to my roots getting cold and me using fresh cold water on the initial potting up. That said things are not much better and not much worse I think... Its hard to say. Not ideal thats for sure.

I fired a panic flare up on the sick plants forum, click the link below if you want to read what was said :)

Linky-Link

Ive read loads of posts on problems and seen all the pictures. Im struggling so much because among all my 9 plants I seem to have every problem there is, well almost :)

I can see leaves curling, this could be heat. I can see some burn marks at the tips, this could be nute burn but Ive only used feed once, root stim and silicone twice at quarter what the bottle says. Ive got one plant that is mega dark green, fack know's what that is.

Anyway Im trying not to piss my pants and carry on.

Im hoping things just get better. Ive fed plain water tonight and PH adjusted it for the first time.

It was a right pain so perhaps wont bother with the PH again. Im told I dont need to with soil.

Ive done plenty of pictures, please feel free to shout up if you spot anything.

Lights now on 1000w - Went up in stages from 600w

20 hours on 4 off

28c lights on

18/20c lights off

gallery_83891_8651_545627.jpg

gallery_83891_8651_457406.jpg

gallery_83891_8651_473128.jpg

gallery_83891_8651_27876.jpg

gallery_83891_8651_19467.jpg

gallery_83891_8651_42483.jpg

gallery_83891_8651_385086.jpg

3 people like this

Starting to take off now.

1 person likes this

Lovely groom man, you lucky bugger!

I think the canooing leaves are from the radiant heat of those 1000 watters, coupled with the low humidity they bring.

Do you have any circulation or fans bettween canopy and bulb? If not I'd get those fixed circulators raised and pointing more directly toward the bulb I think.At least whilst they're still so young.

Just something to take the worst of the heat out of that column directly under it as they probably can't transpire enough to keep up at this stage.

They look pretty good to me, but the other slight niggles you're having are probably those lowish lights off temps, accentuated by the fairly big day/night swing.

I bet they start looking much better when they get a few more roots established. As before still suffering slightly from coldish, saturated rootzone made worse by the size of the pots. Think that'll resolve in time.

Good stuff dude, expect great things! :)

Edited by wu-tang-sam
1 person likes this

Lovely groom man, you lucky bugger!

I think the canooing leaves are from the radiant heat of those 1000 watters, coupled with the low humidity they bring.

Do you have any circulation or fans bettween canopy and bulb?

Thanks dude!

Ive just ordered 2 large oscillating fans for exactly what you are saying :)

Edited by true
3 people like this