Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShivaSkunk

CFL Dual Spec works better with Autos? /than a feminised/

Hi.

My question is that if somebody use CFL Dual Spec (6400K/2700K) than what king of seed would the best? I mean autos need 20/4 hours of lightning and with a dual spec bulb i dont have to change the Kelvin specialized bulb (6400veg/2700flow) and dont have to worry that the plant doesnt start to flowering. But somebody say that dual cfls works great with feminised seeds too, just switch time in right way. What type of seed would you recommend for a 250w Dual Spec CFl + E40 reflector? (+4x40w cheap E27 cfl from wallmart or etc.)

A cheap seed you dont expect much bud from?

:wassnnme:

2 people like this

A cheap seed you dont expect much bud from?

:wassnnme:

lol this made me chuckle

No, im gonna buy quality seed from a Seed Bank. (DP). i just dont know what kind of seed would be for my cfl system. (auto or femin)

No, im gonna buy quality seed from a Seed Bank. (DP). i just dont know what kind of seed would be for my cfl system. (auto or femin)

Don't mean to be rude but do a little research regarding lighting etc

Edited by Master Kush

I dont think theres much in it m8.

no one chooses there seeds based on what light they have, do they? :unsure:

I dont think theres much in it m8.

no one chooses there seeds based on what light they have, do they? :unsure:

Yes propably nobody choose type of different weeds from the lights that they have but directly i cant find any help for CFL system autos realy works better than femins (normal off, i hate waste of time). I mean feminised seeds very very better with mh in veg and hps in flow but i thought the dual system with the same hour type would give a continous good light (with blue and red at same time). Its my first grow and sorry for my bad english)

Don't know what set up your using dude but if your new to growing and using CFL's perhaps go down the Auto route. 18/6 all the way through depending on space etc choose a strain accordingly.

Don't know what set up your using dude but if your new to growing and using CFL's perhaps go down the Auto route. 18/6 all the way through depending on space etc choose a strain accordingly.

We talked here: (its my setup) https://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=340204

If you're going the Auto route with CFLs it's probably best to google for a forum with autoflower dot net

Autoflowers yield is dependant on the amount of light available. CFLs are not known for the amount of light they put out, and in most cases are used only at the beginning of a plant's life or for vegging.

Considering this, I'd highly consider buying a small HPS if you're going to grow an auto, so that you can get the most you can out of it.

If your limited to space get yaself a 150w hps if not and heat isn't an issue then the worlds your lobster

cfl don't have the penetration the hps has if heat is an issue look into led lighting i know a few guys who love led and get awesome results

I'd just buy a small hps as said above. Can I ask your reasons for wanting to use a cfl? Heat? Electric?. I started my 3 autos under a 300w dual spectrum cfl thinking a hps would be too hot and too much electric but honestly mate I gotta 250w hps now and the heat is easy to deal with and it's costing fuck all electric. Unless you use a lot of bulbs cfl's just don't really cut when the plants get big. Tell us a bit more about your set up. We may be able to help you choose a better light and a strain. I regret buying my cfl, waste of money I paid 55 quid for it and now it's sitting in my loft cos no one else wants it lol