Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OLaC

Anyone breed mealworms?

18 posts in this topic

Will you be breeding them for racing or showing? lol

3 people like this

lovely chameleon there @@Joolz , I nearly bought a chameleon a couple of years ago but decided on an ornate uromastyx instead, ive never had such a skittish little lizard, it never settled in its viv and died a few weeks later, it was a beautiful little lizard, such a shame.

I still have a 10 year old male hardwiki uromastyx (was a male and female pair but the female died late last year) and I have a little map turtle. also owned a tortoise, beardie, iguana and a couple of frogs at one point. I would like to fill my spare vivs again but I don't have the time for them like I used to now that ive got the missus and the wee man. one day I would like to get an Egyptian uromastyx, a full grown adult male one is very impressive, if not a little bland in colouring compared to other uros.

mealworms are a bit stinky so I buy 1/2 a kilo at a time from a live food suppler, they works out about 6.50 I think, if you get the smaller ones then you get twice as many and they soon grow once you start feeding them

Bit of an old thread but worth mentioning that there's currently a European shortage of mealworms. My supplier is completely out and doesn't know when he'll have stocks in again.

Might be worth bearing in mind for those here that keep reptiles etc. You might need to shop around from your usual supplier. If you do find a one, it might be an idea to order some extra to make sure you've got enough for the Christmas hols.