Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TalkToFrank

Shrivelled bud sites - any ideas?

16 posts in this topic

Hi all, Can anyone help diagnose these? I'm four weeks into flower

They were fine until a few days ago when I noticed the EC was a bit high at 2.0 and the tips of leaves were showing a bit of nute burn. It was changeover day for my res anyway so I thought I'd give them a couple of days without feed on just water, Silicon and H2O2. As I wash;t putting feed in I also left the PH where it was at 6.6. I went in today, 48 hours later and saw a lot of the the bud sites looking all shrivelled like this.

I'm using a IWS system in clay pebbles

Air cooled lights

Greenhouse seeds hybrid powder feed

Big Buddah silicon

Big Buddah Pk8-19

H2O2 for extra oxygen

PH usually 5.8-6

The nutrient level had creeped up to 0.8 from the salts left in the pebbles over the 2 days. I've now upped it to 1.6 today and taken Ph to 5.8, plus added big buddah PK9-18 at 2.5ml per litre. Although I'm dubious to think this is a starving problem.

shrivelled bud 2

shrivelled bud 1

Day temps are pretty consistent with lights on at 74-78f although night temps have gone as low as 55f. I've put a heater in there tonight and turned the intake fan off fusing the lights off period.
I've searched though lots of the threads here and google image search and can't find anything like this. The closest thing I could find was old-timers carbon dioxide issue where his pal turned off the intake.

Any ideas folks? Much appreciated.

Edited by TalkToFrank

No clues guys and girls? why do I always seem to get the awkward problems? lol

PS. I was watering every 2 hours for half an hour during lights on in the IWS flood and drain. They seemed to be loving that before but could this be over watering? I've changed it to every 3 hours now in case.

it's certainly an issue that I haven't come across, sorry mate. best of luck.

e2a those night time temps could have something to do with it, I am wondering if a low root zone temp could cause this???

Edited by Mattyd

hey matey,just my 2p worth bro but tbh first of all id stop whacking all tht stuff in there to be honest!! :shock: .looks liked youve poisened em with adds n stuff!!..probly not wot you wanna hear fellla but stick with your base nutes etc then build up from there,cos to me they looked well stressed/overnuted

2 people like this

I've had this kind of thing twice that I can remember. First time was with GHS trainwreck, I put it down to shit genetics as I was doing everything right, although a while ago now and before I joined here. Second time was with some super skunk which I topped right at the top and continued to top lower down when they were too big/old for it, this must've slowed down bud production and gave some spindly horrible buds, a bit like yours. Just my 2p's worth.

Edited by Bocker Wright

Greenhouse seeds hybrid powder feed

NObody else seems to be reporting this problem with the feed, just had a good trawl.

The big buddah's pk 9/18, have you used this before?

A couple of things come to mind: Firstly, the shrivelling would usually be down to over feeding. The feed appears to be burning your buds. Secondly, what is the humidity of your room? There may be some possibility that you're sucking too much moisture out of the room and causing the plants to shrivel, particularly if you have a fan blowing directly on them too. Whilst I have experienced similar phenomenon, it was only the leaves which seemed to suffer. I've never seen buds drying out due to such but you never know.

Lastly, I keep coming back to the first point - too much feed.

1 person likes this

Thank for the input guys. Over feeding would have been my first thought but the strange thing is that this happened when I put the tank of water in without feed. Think I'll flush the tank again tonight and go with just water, no H2o2 and no silicon.

I've been using H2o2 on my grows for a long time and never had this issue.

Silicon is a new additive this grow but they seemed to love it until now.

PK9-18 - I've used this on a couple of grows and not seen this.

I'll go with your advice though and strip back to basics. Water for a day or so to flush and then go to just feed.

Thanks for chipping in all.

What the fuckkkkkkk you're supposed to use buddhas tree at 0.25ml per litre, not 2.5ml per litre! Its no wonder they looked fucked.

1 person likes this

Yep kippers right

Only tiny bit needed

lol - sorry, I meant 0.25ml. I put 60ml in a 250l res

250ltr by 60 is 4

250 x 0.25 is 62.5ml

1 person likes this

Yep, 0.25ml per litre is a quarter ml per litre

250l divided by 4 = 62.5ml or 250 x 0.25ml = 62.5ml

I dont mind being 2.5ml under and shouldn't do me any harm. I always prefer to be slightly under than over.

Edited by TalkToFrank

My brain hurts lol

2 people like this