Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
retro2807

PS4 v XBOXONE Which one do I get?

153 posts in this topic

I'm really looking to get the next gen console in the next month as a present for going into hospital, well actually to play on as I recover after.

Anyway. The Ps4 is sold out most high street retailers, there are some online. I don't really like buying online. The XBOXONE is available in my local Argos.

Do I pay extra for the xbox ? Is it any better?

I've read reviews spoken to mates who own ps4 s , but none own xbox ones. It is starting to look obvious the ps4 is going to win.

Any xbox one owners want to convince me to go back to the console I've played for years. Xbox then the 360. 10+ years in total I feel I should stay loyal.

couldnt tell which is best but after a long break from gaming i got a ps4 and im more than happy with it :hippy:

Edited by bazzad9
1 person likes this

Neither, save your money until some decent titles are available and the prices come down a bit. I've got a dusty Ps4 sat here, haven't even switched it on this year, still using my Ps3. :crybaby:

:yinyang:

2 people like this

Neither, save your money until some decent titles are available and the prices come down a bit. I've got a dusty Ps4 sat here, haven't even switched it on this year, still using my Ps3. :crybaby:

ive been playing battlefield 4 ,good game but not the best software i dont think and a recent update has wiped the sound from some games

good game though

1 person likes this

Iv got both and tbh since i got the xbox one ( had ps4 first ) i hardly play the ps4 but thats just because im in my racing car mode and forza is the bollox, i got need for speed on ps4 and its shit, forza is the only game i got for the xbox one ( thats why i brought it because i love forza) but allways be a playstation boy ill sell the xbox no dout but allways keep the ps. I got battlefield 4 and cod ghost on ps4 and tbh there both wicked games.

Xbox one £420 with camera

Ps4 £350 no camera £70 for camera = £420

If you look at it in that sense there the same.

Looking forward to a game exlusive to xbox one called titanfall it looks wicked

But then again so does watchdog exlusive for ps...

Tbh id say get both remember ps3 used to be free online its not any more ! £11.99 for 3 months i pay now ( dont use xbox live )

If you cant buy both... Then frig it just buy a ps4

2 people like this

same here :( wish I didn't buy it, as usual got dragged into the hysteria lol

2 people like this

I got the Ps4 Killzone bundle.. game, 2 controllers and camera for 425 quid.

Watch Dogs isn't PS4 exclusive, it's coming out on both the PS4 and Xbox one (and the PS3, Xbox 360 and WiiU as well) ;)

Iv got both and tbh since i got the xbox one ( had ps4 first ) i hardly play the ps4 but thats just because im in my racing car mode and forza is the bollox, i got need for speed on ps4 and its shit, forza is the only game i got for the xbox one ( thats why i brought it because i love forza) but allways be a playstation boy ill sell the xbox no dout but allways keep the ps. I got battlefield 4 and cod ghost on ps4 and tbh there both wicked games.

Xbox one £420 with camera

Ps4 £350 no camera £70 for camera = £420

If you look at it in that sense there the same.

Looking forward to a game exlusive to xbox one called titanfall it looks wicked

Tbh id say get both remember ps3 used to be free online its not any more ! £11.99 for 3 months i pay now ( dont use xbox live )

If you cant buy both... Then frig it just buy a ps4

This helps me tilt towards the xbox. I didn't like the ps3 the controller did my head in, my thumb would slip on the joy pad,thing when it got sweaty.

The main games I play will be cod and zombies when it comes out in November ;)

The hard ware seems pretty much the same. Some people say ps4 edge it, but then others say xbox makes it up in other places.

They are so much money. Looks like I may carry on waiting lol

id buy a ps4 an i playu mostly my xbox 360 at the mo. but ps4 is much better than xbox. ms ruined it for me when they were trying to implement their draconian policies on used games an always needing an internet connection to play. the system still has that built in but you must download an update to get rid of it. its pretty obvious were microsofts interests lie an im not gonna give them my money. regardless of that the ps4 is actually slightly better in the performance side of things. its also an actual gaming machine. where as the xbone is trying to be an all in one entertainment system when instead it should jus concentrate on the gaming.

currently the xbone games exclusive that are out seem to suck the ryse game sucks. ps4 isnt much better knack isnt great but its probably better than that ryse game but shadow fall looks good.

up to you but i dont see much point in paying more for wot is essentially an inferior gaming console. if you wanted the xbone for its other features then it may be worth it but you have to wonder jus how much of those other features on the xbone you would actually even use here in the uk.

ps4 all the way imo. an thats coming from someone who swore by the 360. i own both the 360 an ps3 but the 360 was always my choice if the game was on all platforms.

il be buying a ps4 when they come back in stock at a normal price. so far as it stands game has them for sale but they are nearly £600 an come with a whole load of crap like blue ray dvds i dont even want. there isnt any games i want to play out jus yet anyway. Thief is out soon but i may still wait until march before i buy one.

i jus bought a wiiu a few weeks ago anyway. only got it for monster hunter mainly but also pikmin, mario an zelda when its out. its an ok console still tho. probably not quit worth wot nintendo are charging now the ps4 is out but still the games are well worth it.

as for controllers im the same xbox is better but apparently they have changed the ps4 controller an the previous problems that lots of people had no longer exist. they have moved the thumbsticks an stuff apparently. the controller on the ps4 is much better than the xbone is now. the ps4 has a touch screen built in. xbone is pretty much the same as the old controllers.

Edited by Grimweeder
2 people like this

I got the Ps4 Killzone bundle.. game, 2 controllers and camera for 425 quid.

thats the one i got

the 2 controllers are handy but i didnt like killzone much to sci fi for me

1 person likes this

id buy a ps4 an i playu mostly my xbox 360 at the mo. but ps4 is much better than xbox. ms ruined it for me when they were trying to implement their draconian policies on used games an always needing an internet connection to play. the system still has that built in but you must download an update to get rid of it. its pretty obvious were microsofts interests lie an im not gonna give them my money. regardless of that the ps4 is actually slightly better in the performance side of things. its also an actual gaming machine. where as the xbone is trying to be an all in one entertainment system when instead it should jus concentrate on the gaming.

currently the xbone games exclusive that are out seem to suck the ryse game sucks. ps4 isnt much better knack isnt great but its probably better than that ryse game but shadow fall looks good.

up to you but i dont see much point in paying more for wot is essentially an inferior gaming console. if you wanted the xbone for its other features then it may be worth it but you have to wonder jus how much of those other features on the xbone you would actually even use here in the uk.

ps4 all the way imo. an thats coming from someone who swore by the 360. i own both the 360 an ps3 but the 360 was always my choice if the game was on all platforms.

il be buying a ps4 when they come back in stock at a normal price. so far as it stands game has them for sale but they are nearly £600 an come with a whole load of crap like blue ray dvds i dont even want. there isnt any games i want to play out jus yet anyway. Thief is out soon but i may still wait until march before i buy one.

i jus bought a wiiu a few weeks ago anyway. only got it for monster hunter mainly but also pikmin, mario an zelda when its out. its an ok console still tho. probably not quit worth wot nintendo are charging now the ps4 is out but still the games are well worth it.

as for controllers im the same xbox is better but apparently they have changed the ps4 controller an the previous problems that lots of people had no longer exist. they have moved the thumbsticks an stuff apparently. the controller on the ps4 is much better than the xbone is now. the ps4 has a touch screen built in. xbone is pretty much the same as the old controllers.

That's in a jist what my mates have told me about there ps4s .

I also was not happy with xbox demanding constant connection.

If the controller is improved that will seal it for me I think.

Also the wii u. I'm tempted but will only buy it when Mario kart 8 is out. I got addicted to Mario kart wii rainbow road was amazing :)

A couple of things piss me off about the ps4.. I can't use my Vuze mediaserver through it to watch movies..And me and my son can't watch streams though it either whereas you could do both with the ps3...

1 person likes this

Got an xbox one is good so far. Dead rising is fun to play, cod is meh

Can't wait for titanfall this is going to be awesome original COD makers with fresh shooting concept mech robots and jet packs

2 people like this

I'm going to look into titanfall. Cod 1,2 and 3 were sick :)