Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dannychoo

UK420 - Liverpool F.C. Fan Club

2,121 posts in this topic

When Moses made his debut against (was it Swansea?) I actually thought he looked really good. Scored a goal as well. Since that match he seems to have been pretty shit. I understand why Chelsea put him out on loan now!

@@Twisted Rizla I thought the same, until he eased off the pace towards the end. I thought at the time that he was maybe fatigued (how do they get tired so easily... They're professionals!), but after watching him games after games and even at one point nonchalantly fuck about the pitch and then get subbed at HT, shows he didn't take his chance after Maureen's rap. He's Nigeria's saviour ffs! Can he seriously not give a fuck about making the step up to Chelsea/Liverpool from Wigan?

I didn't watch the first half of the Bournemouth game, but I read about it and tbh, when they said he scored from the edge of the box I knew straight away what kind of goal it was i.e. ~90 degrees to the goal, running just outside of the box and either deflecting in or GK mistake.

Fail to see what Alberto brings us either.. Although he hasn't had much game time, he doesn't seem to have adapted as of yet.

I had my doubts about Sahko, especially since he kept falling over passing the ball :rofl: But he's a solid defender who will be molded into a better one over time.

Edited by dannychoo

Brendan Rodgers okay is back, okay - Daily Mirror

This just in from the Liverpool boss*:

Having assessed the assessment of the latest Yevhen Konoplyanka assessment, I've assessed that we're still assessing it.

Ian Ayre is doing a terrific job in Dnipro to be truthful with you, but it's outstandingly difficult to pull off these deals.

I said to Ian, "Push the whole football family thing, okay. Tell him about the group. Look, promise you'll throw in your motorbike too if you have to, okay."

*May not really be Liverpool's boss

:rofl:

Bah... Transfer window officially shut... in one min

e2a: :rofl: !!!

Here's David Maddock's latest dispatch. Followed by a picture of Konoplyanka's "boss missus.

It's fair to say, it's been a long day:

My friend Oliver Kay, he of The Times, is insistent that Konoplyanka means 'cannibis plant' in Ukrainian. He is deadly serious. It probably explains a lot.

BBC Radio 5 live senior football reporter Ian Dennis

"It's important to stress that although the window has closed there is still a drip-drip effect that deals can still be announced. I must stress that because Yevhen Konoplyanka is an international deal Liverpool have an extra hour to file the paperwork. But there's still no word from Liverpool.

e2a: damn!

January

Edited by dannychoo
1 person likes this

That Ayre fella is a joke, most kopites want him out.

Another cock up ;)

Ayre gets the commercial deals for the up and coming Anfield rebuild but fails to gain any grounds on getting transfers done...

At least he's coming in from the cold pfft !

January

e2a: That Ukrainian Owner doesn't need to sell off assets, he's one of the top 50 richest blokes in the world... held firm like John Henry and Werner over Suarez - Arsenal..

January

Edited by dannychoo

The days of Jim Greenwood and Peter Robinson are over, your owners are more interested in Dunkin Doughnuts and Baseball.

Hope you are pleased.

You haven't sold your souls though, have you?

The days of Jim Greenwood and Peter Robinson are over, your owners are more interested in Dunkin Doughnuts and Baseball.

Hope you are pleased.

You haven't sold your souls though, have you?

Depends on which of the Merseyside clubs get 4th this season lol.

Your best transfer this season was getting rid of that old model for a new spanish one ;)

1 person likes this

Agreed.

As John Collins said, the best signing of the summer was Martinez.

I totally agree.

Agreed.

As John Collins said, the best signing of the summer was Martinez.

I totally agree.

LMFAO lol

So am I.

One swallow doesn't make a season.

Edited by PaulHackett

No, I'm laughing at the Martinez signing. Not good enough for LFC so you can have him.

You wanted him before Brenda.

Nuff said.

I rate both managers to be fair. From a footballing prospective, both have their positives.

In regards to Roberto, I love his attacking mentality compared to the defensive minded Gollum - still really surprised he went to the manks/wanks, doesn't suit their style of aggressive chance football over the last 20 years. Again, from a footballing prospective, Martinez has been a breath of fresh air at Goodison. They are passing the ball better, play good counter attacks, Coleman has been a revelation this season which helps. His transfers have been shrewd too - I rate Lukaku and Mcgeady highly. Mirallas is a good buy too.

Martinez's philosophy comes across very sound as well. I think in the future, we'll see Everton play 4-3-3 rather than that shit 4-4-2 / 4-1-4-1 gollum used to play, or rather 6-3-1 lol

In terms of Liverpool and Martinez, the record stands at Brendon 1 win one draw :rofl:

e2a:

:rofl: Edited by dannychoo

We wanted Pep but he didn't want to come lol

1 person likes this

In Bob we trust.

btw I've heard Brenda's son is a nonce.

Not a good thing for a global (American) brand.

@@PaulHackett What's Anton Rodgers (ala Brendon's son) got to do with anything...
---------------

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/yevhen-konoplyanka-liverpool-fc-transfer-6656521

Reds fail in Konoplyanka transfer as Dnipro owner refuses to sign paperwork 31 Jan 2014 23:53

Ihor Kolomoyskyi reluctance to sign on deal means frustration in Ukraine

There was deadline day disappointment for Liverpool as they failed to complete a deal for Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk’s Yevhen Konoplyanka.

Reds managing director Ian Ayre had spent 48 hours in Ukraine desperately trying to negotiate a £15million deal for the 24-year-old winger.

However, Ayre had to admit defeat after there was no breakthrough before the 11pm cut-off.

The ECHO understands it didn’t come down to a lack of finance but simply the reluctance of Dnipro’s multi-billionaire president Ihor Kolomoyskyi to sell one of his prized assets.

Konoplyanka was desperate to make the move to Anfield and personal terms with Liverpool had already been agreed.

The player informed Kolomoyskyi of his desire to seek a new challenge and link up with Brendan Rodgers’ squad.

However, Kolomoyskyi point blank refused to sign the relevant paperwork.

Despite reports suggesting interest from a number of other European clubs, Liverpool were also the only club in direct discussions with the Ukrainians.

Ayre should change back to commercial director in my opinion. Stick to what you're good at.

e2a: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/154441-boss-my-confidence-in-current-squad

No new arrivals this month, but we have seen so far this season that Liverpool have a squad to compete haven't we?

Very much so. If you look at the position that we're in with 15 games to go, we have shown consistently that we have the squad to compete. The benefit of the second half of the season is that there is still a lot of development left in a lot of our players. We have a lot of young players playing in the team who are growing and improving all the time. Them gaining experience and playing games, with the consistency of the team, adds up for a really exciting last 15 games for us.

I can't help but think they had two interviews done for release after the transfer window... urgh. :(:sadwalk:

Any more long or short term injuries these last 15 games and we'll be treading on thin ice in regards to top 4...

Edited by dannychoo