Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dannychoo

UK420 - Liverpool F.C. Fan Club

2,137 posts in this topic

@@Degsy That and Villa was the worst games of the season... Hull carved us open, but we were equally to blame for our shoddy play.

I remember reading a stat about Villa vs us and how we've got a really poor record in the Prem against them. Seen them twice at Anfield, one was 0-0 and the other was 1-3 sigh...

I supported Liverpool since the Joe Fagan days. had a tough few seasons but looks like Brendan Rogers is the man. there playing there best football in 20 years imo. fingers x'ed for a champions league place next season :)

1 person likes this

Welcome @@nl5 :)

You've seen quite a lot over the years then eh! I seem to recall Fagan never actually wanted the job but because of the boot room legacy, he took it for 83-85. The Heysel incident was tragic to say the least... However the sweetness of Winning the 1st Div, league cup and European Cup in Rome was good ;)

Capture

Re: Brendon Rodgers, I love his style of attacking tika-taka football. It's the type of pass-and-move football we've been missing these last 20 years. The fact that he isn't scared of making half-time substitutions sits well with me also, although sometimes I wonder if he's too close to the Barca ways - plan A and no plan B.

e2a: Seems the Mirror's doing a live transfer feed of Konoplyanka:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-live-yevhen-3095862#.Uuvj1fl_vOM

lol at

Capture

Edited by dannychoo

Welcome @@nl5 :)

You've seen quite a lot over the years then eh! I seem to recall Fagan never actually wanted the job but because of the boot room legacy, he took it for 83-85. The Heysel incident was tragic to say the least...

Re: Brendon Rodgers, I love his style of attacking tika-taka football. It's the type of pass-and-move football we've been missing these last 20 years. The fact that he isn't scared of making half-time substitutions sits well with me also, although sometimes I wonder if he's too close to the Barca ways - plan A and no plan B.

e2a: Seems the Mirror's doing a live transfer feed of Konoplyanka:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-live-yevhen-3095862#.Uuvj1fl_vOM

lol at

I think your right about rogers, he has certainly got the players respect & they seem to put 100% in for him - rare in the modern game with all the money.

you know I remember turning on the tele to watch the match at Heysel - the uefa cup I think? & the horror of what was happening & Hillsborough looks like there will be criminal charges against the police for Hillsborough after all this time.

1 person likes this

Ay up.

Nice thread.......been a LFC supporter since the mid seventies.....but been following a lot more closely since I got Ill and don't get out as much.

Did manage to get to the first game of the season v Stoke....was my wife's first ever football match....happy days..

YNWA.

J45

Edited by Jasper45
2 people like this

@ Welcome aboard :) Sorry to hear about you being ill Jasper.

What did your wife make of the game? Or was she too busy watching the boys in short shorts? :rofl: Think that was the one where Sturridge scored a corker?

re: Sturridge. What a player. I've been following him since he was at City, and couldn't understand why they let him go. Even at Chelsea, it was surprising that someone who was so potent in front of goal was not played and they even signed Torres from us for £50m :rofl: - granted £35m of that went to Carroll urgh. Thanks Comoli

e2a: I hear Everton are getting Suarez.... MARIO Suarez lol

Edited by dannychoo

I see why you were upset at losing 3-1 to Hull CITY now

Haha. Although I didn't talk about the game did I, just the fickle Tigers fans...

:russian: Last hour of transfer window... Although news feeds notoriously bring news about deals done after the time allocated but managed to put the papers through to the F.A..

Getting slightly antsy about that Ukrainian.. :sadwalk:

If we don't get him, we can 'rely' on the great loan signings of Moses and Cissohko down the left wing :rofl:

Edited by dannychoo

Can I join?

@@PaulHackett Go away you blue and white shite :rofl:

e2a: You can chat with us in the thread, but I have no doubts you are a Blue nose lol

Edited by dannychoo
1 person likes this

Keep your friends close.... :rofl:

@@PaulHackett Was a good game the other night though eh? We started singing: "Gerrard scored one, Sturridge scored two, Sturridge scored another and Suarez got one.... na na na na na" :rofl: (around a mate's house, not at Anfield :( )

Edited by dannychoo

Enjoy it Danny, while it lasts ;)

Enjoy it Danny, while it lasts ;)

@PaulHackett lol, the exact words one of my Toffee mates texted me after.

It's ok, we'll get it on DVD post-season and send it to Goodison for all to see :rofl:

Edited by dannychoo

If we don't get him, we can 'rely' on the great loan signings of Moses ....... :rofl:

When Moses made his debut against (was it Swansea?) I actually thought he looked really good. Scored a goal as well. Since that match he seems to have been pretty shit. I understand why Chelsea put him out on loan now!

1 person likes this