Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dannychoo

UK420 - Liverpool F.C. Fan Club

2,141 posts in this topic

Summat else, from today's game. Wasn't really sure why we signed Shaquiri. He's a great wide forward but IMHO with Mane and Salah we've got two of the best wide forwards in the world so I kinda assumed he was signed as cover if one or other of them got injured. But in today's game Klopp had him playing in midfield, as kinda a link between the midfield and the forwards, there to make clever passes or make use of the space up front opened up by Mane or Salah making runs. Kinda playing the role that Coutinho played. It all makes sense now, if he can tailor his game to that role then I think Klopp could have made a truly brilliant signing :)

1 person likes this

Its a great start to the season from Liverpool. I fucking hope City have a bad patch, though they show no signs of it happening, they're a class act. There's talk of some of the clubs contravening the rules on transfers v club income (Supplementing their sponsorship income via the rich owners, to balance the books). I fucking hope City get clobbered lol

Nice to see Rafa get a few wins on the trot, gotta love Rafa.

2 people like this

11 minutes ago, Comrade Stoker said:

Its a great start to the season from Liverpool. I fucking hope City have a bad patch, though they show no signs of it happening, they're a class act. There's talk of some of the clubs contravening the rules on transfers v club income (Supplementing their sponsorship income via the rich owners, to balance the books). I fucking hope City get clobbered lol

Nice to see Rafa get a few wins on the trot, gotta love Rafa.

The 'financial fair play' stuff is a complete load of arse to be honest. It's basically a way for the 'big clubs' - Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man U, Juventas etc to keep their status as the big clubs. You can only spend what you make, so the big clubs with wanker fans all over the world, buying T shirts etc can spend loads, because of the income they get from their media profile, and wankers buying shirts as a fashion accessory. But you can't have money put into the club (even though that's how they all started to get rich). It's a load of nonsense. It's not about financial fair play at all, it's about the richest European clubs wanting to keep their place as the richest European clubs.

1 minute ago, Boojum said:

The 'financial fair play' stuff is a complete load of arse to be honest. It's basically a way for the 'big clubs' - Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man U, Juventas etc to keep their status as the big clubs. You can only spend what you make, so the big clubs with wanker fans all over the world, buying T shirts etc can spend loads, because of the income they get from their media profile, and wankers buying shirts as a fashion accessory. But you can't have money put into the club (even though that's how they all started to get rich). It's a load of nonsense. It's not about financial fair play at all, it's about the richest European clubs wanting to keep their place as the richest European clubs.

I may have read it wrong. I thought there were rumblings of a few clubs faking the sponsorship and shirt incomes, in order to balance the books so they could spend more (i.e. They didn't have enough income to warrant the spend, so they made it up).

6 minutes ago, Comrade Stoker said:

I may have read it wrong. I thought there were rumblings of a few clubs faking the sponsorship and shirt incomes, in order to balance the books so they could spend more (i.e. They didn't have enough income to warrant the spend, so they made it up).

It’s a dodge a lot of clubs use in the lower leagues aswel, the owners pay vastly inflated amounts to advertise there business’s. Forest green rovers for instance owned by dale vince, his company sponsor everything and the club runs at a 4m a year loss, there based in a village with 6000 inhabitants, make a mockery of the financial fair play rules.

1 minute ago, Comrade Stoker said:

The current 'scandal' is that City fiddled the books, they signed players but allegedly shifted the money around so that what they appeared to spend on players was much less than they actually spent.

Fuck that, I don't really care. The financial 'fair play' rules were originally brought in to make sure that clubs didn't spend money that they didn't have, and end up getting in debt that would destroy the club. If a club has the money then fuck it - shit, Chelski bought a number of Premiership titles. Every title that Chelski has had since that dirty gangster cunt bought the club has been down to the money spent on players. Now suddenly nobody else is allowed to spend the money on the best players ? Fuck that, this is the way you've made the game, don't suddenly say it's wrong because people are beating you at your own game.

City will score 4 or 5 most weeks. Their squad is unreal. The likes of gündogen & bernardo silva, jesus as squad players. They would get into any first team in the league. Aguero & david silva still bossing it though. Two of the greats. 

We just need to run our own race. I still dont think weve got back to our best, i still think we can go another level, see glimpses of it, when the front three are all firing, defenders nightmare. But we are still winning games & scoring goals & thats a sign of a good team. I think we'll bring another player in, in january just to round the squad off. The red star game was a shocker. Midfield three not making one sucessful tackle ! But id rather us learn a lesson in that competition than us take the eye off the ball in the league. Everyone purring over city at the minute but we're only 2 points behind, doing really well.

1 person likes this

Oh everton we're all laughing at you !!!

1 person likes this

Up the reds 

Come OOOOON :yahoo:

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At he end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.
Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone.
1 person likes this

Should have battered Napoli there.. That was more like the intensity we’ve played our best football at though.. On to the Mancs this Sunday now! Few big games over the festive period, let’s hope we keep it up!:clapping: