Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KingJaffeJoffer

OT Bloom problem. Overfed or underfed? What to do now?

22 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have a Female Seeds C99 currently at Week 7 of 12/12. I was feeding 1.5ml of Bloom gradually working my way up to 3ml Bloom since Week 3 of 12/12. Before that it was around 2.5ml of Grow for the first 2-3 weeks of 12/12 as I have seen other growers here do it and it helps keep the plant green longer. This is my 2nd grow using the 'new' more liquid PM OT Bloom, and the 2nd time I've experienced rapid yellowing since around Week 5 of 12/12, so I'm guessing it's the new formula which others have had problems with to according to this thread:

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=325080

Basically my plant was looking healthy and green until around week 5 when it started getting pale up top. As I would usually do, I upped the feed from 3ml to 4ml and from week 5 onwards the plant hasn't gotten any better, in fact it's looking worse.

My setup is as follows:

250w HPS + Euro reflector

5" RVK

5 litre pots with Canna Terra Pro soil

PM Magic OT Grow wand Bloom

Rootzone Temps are 22-24 lights on, 21-23 lights off

I think I have at least 2/3 weeks before chop, but I wanted to ask the experienced growers here what they would do at this stage.

My aim is to avoid crusty burnt brown bud leaves as you sometimes end up with, I just want the plant to be in decent shape until chop day. And what have I done wrong? Has anyone managed to suss out this OT Bloom issue, have I overfed? I haven't bothered to post this in the Plant Magic section because after about a year of this problem I've yet to see anyone from Plant Magic come on here and acknowledge there's an issue, or to revise their feeding schedule according to the new formula. It's a shame as I used to have blinding results with PM, but now I'm not so confident in this product anymore.

Here is the plant which was topped and trained (quite poorly) and is only about 5 inches or so from the bulb, so I may have bleaching also.

gallery_59645_5198_235698.jpg
gallery_59645_5198_18376.jpg
gallery_59645_5198_239368.jpg

gallery_59645_5198_242831.jpg

Do you use cal/mg at any point in flowering, that could be your problem

:yinyang:

I was feeding 1.5ml of Bloom gradually working my way up to 3ml Bloom since Week 3 of 12/12. Before that it was around 2.5ml of Grow for the first 2-3 weeks of 12/12

For future reference If your plants are happy on 2.5 ml of grow then that is roughly what you should feed them when switching to bloom.. I can't imagine the drop in nutes at week 3 did them any favours so you have probably underfed them as they were about to go into peak flower production and then started to overfeed at week 5 to compensate..

They are never going to return to perfect now so my advice would be to stabilise them on about 2.5/3 ml to finish them and chalk it down to experience..

11 people like this

have you had a look at the trics under a scope? it might be closer to the end than you think

Same thing is happening to me and at the same time and I have seen two other folk in the last week with these issues to!

Back to canna me thinks

1 person likes this

I use Bio Bizz and that causes yellowing too from as early as week 4 if no Grow is fed as well.

I have to use Fish Mix instead/or with Grow to boost N or they will yellow by week 5.

RR

2 people like this

Do you use cal/mg at any point in flowering, that could be your problem

:yinyang:

No mate, never needed to use that.

For future reference If your plants are happy on 2.5 ml of grow then that is roughly what you should feed them when switching to bloom.. I can't imagine the drop in nutes at week 3 did them any favours so you have probably underfed them as they were about to go into peak flower production and then started to overfeed at week 5 to compensate..

They are never going to return to perfect now so my advice would be to stabilise them on about 2.5/3 ml to finish them and chalk it down to experience..

Cheers for the advice Madgiz. Actually, checking back through my journal on week 3 they were fed 1.5ml Grow and 1.5ml Bloom, then subsequent feedings after that were 2ml Bloom + 0.5 Grow then 3ml Bloom only. After that the paling started at the top of the plant and I moved up to 4ml. The plants never looked overfed or udnerfed at any point and were perfect until week 5. I never had this problem with the old stuff, in fact even before using Plant Magic nutes I never had this problem. Nitrogen def from the last few weeks yes, but not this problem.

And as other, more experienced growers than me have been experiancing the same problems using the new formula OT Bloom, I feel this is more to do with the product than my growing skills. In anycase, I dropped the feed down to 2.5ml and will see how she goes. Thanks again pal.

have you had a look at the trics under a scope? it might be closer to the end than you think

She's still throwing out loads of new pistils, to be honest I don't bother looking at the trichs until plant looks nearly mature, maybe 80% or more red hairs. And in my experience she looks at least another 2 weeks minimum before hitting maturity.

Thanks for your feedback gents, have a pleasent evening.

Edited by MrMiDniteToKeR
1 person likes this

Same thing is happening to me and at the same time and I have seen two other folk in the last week with these issues to!

Back to canna me thinks

Yeah, I may have to start looking at alternatives myself. Never heard about any issues with OT Bloom until this new formula came out.

I use Bio Bizz and that causes yellowing too from as early as week 4 if no Grow is fed as well.

I have to use Fish Mix instead/or with Grow to boost N or they will yellow by week 5.

RR

Fish Mix is great stuff, I actually tried to use it with Bloom on my last grow where I had the exactly the same problems. Didn't really work with the OT Bloom and I probably ended up making things worse. Plants looked like crap last time out.

I have the same problem, kicks in a week or two after I swap to bloom nutes and experimenting with higher and lower levels doesnt make any noticable difference, green down the bottom and yellow and crispy up top. The only plant in my last grow that didnt go yellow was on fish mix untill week 6.

Really interested to know what happened as my plants have started doing the same thing at the same time.......

J45

1 person likes this

@ - a few people are having this issue with the OT Bloom - myself included, for about a year until I changed nutes.

Im trying out BioBizz Bloom and fishmix and still have green leaves this time on week 7. I also tried Hesi stuff and didnt have crisp leaves with that either.

Hi Mr Midnite -

Are you in a soft water area?

Have you checked to see if your OT Bloom is from the new or old batch? I can't remember what batch number onward the new formula is, but apparently it fixes some of the problems of using OT Bloom in soft water area. You may have some of the older batch without the revised foumula

Failing that, I'd advise getting some PM Catalyst or BB Fishmix and adding that to your feeds. Or alternatively switch nutrient ranges.

Hope this helps ;)

Been using OT stuff for a few years now this is how I feed.

In veg 1ml per lt when small, start say 4 weeks from potting a clone, then veg at 1-2ml per lt last 10 to 7 days veg 2ml per lt.

2 weeks into flower 2ml pl of veg then from week 3 2ml pl bloom now at around week 5 give them one feed only of 2ml grow,

then continue with 2ml pl of bloom until 2 weeks from the end and wind it down to nothing for the last week.

So

week 1-4 veg

1-2ml per liter grow

week 1-2 flower

2ml grow

week 2-end

2ml bloom with a one off feed of 2ml grow at around week 5.

Some strains may need a little more or a little less but the above works for me. I used t have that week 5 problem until I started the one off of 2 ml grow.

Goodluck! ;)

Edited by Dippy
2 people like this

Hi Mr Midnite -

Are you in a soft water area?

Have you checked to see if your OT Bloom is from the new or old batch? I can't remember what batch number onward the new formula is, but apparently it fixes some of the problems of using OT Bloom in soft water area. You may have some of the older batch without the revised foumula

Failing that, I'd advise getting some PM Catalyst or BB Fishmix and adding that to your feeds. Or alternatively switch nutrient ranges.

In a hard water area. Got the newer thinner formula, used to use the old thicker one with no problems at all. I'm starting to beleive the newer solution is not suited to certain hard water regions.

Hope this helps ;)

Been using OT stuff for a few years now this is how I feed.

In veg 1ml per lt when small, start say 4 weeks from potting a clone, then veg at 1-2ml per lt last 10 to 7 days veg 2ml per lt.

2 weeks into flower 2ml pl of veg then from week 3 2ml pl bloom now at around week 5 give them one feed only of 2ml grow,

then continue with 2ml pl of bloom until 2 weeks from the end and wind it down to nothing for the last week.

So

week 1-4 veg

1-2ml per liter grow

week 1-2 flower

2ml grow

week 2-end

2ml bloom with a one off feed of 2ml grow at around week 5.

Some strains may need a little more or a little less but the above works for me. I used t have that week 5 problem until I started the one off of 2 ml grow.

Goodluck! ;)

Thanks for the advice Dippy. It's interesting that the dose of Grow at week 5 seems to help, possibly more cal mag in the Grow nutes? Maybe epsons can be used at this time instead? I've seen some members say feeding epsons on day 13 (I think) and day 35 or so seems to help. Will look to try this next go round.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I recently harvested the C99 in question and she made it to the end in OKish condition. Hit the yeild I usually expect, so not too much damage in the end.

Peace out guys.

1 person likes this

Where is the batch numbers on the OT range?