Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cooltube101

The right way to use airpots?

20 posts in this topic

Drippers work best with Airpots - use the black stake drippers if you can (these are 2L/H) I put 3 to a pot and run for one 15 minute feed per day . I think it works out at about 6/7L per feed. I have by no means got this mastered but I intend to get it nailed down (and I will post all info here (: ). The exceptionally slow feed that occurs from using drippers is great because the coco gets a really nice, long, soak. It also means that nothing pisses out of the side of the pots.

6/7 litres per feed? How bigger airpots are you using??

@TerryTerror I'm using 20L air pots at the moment mate. I only popped 6 of my smottie seeds and ended up with 2 females, so went with two absolutely massive ones!

@@true I have seen these before mate but weren't available to me (and tbh even if they were I doubt I'd have made the connection and used them lol) I think they're a great idea, and to be honest mate I can't think of a reason why I wouldn't use them, and I can't. If anything these will give a better-ish spread of the solution and I probably wouldn't have to have my pump on for as long. Cheers for pointing them out mate! I think if I were to do any single plant type of systems or small numbers (2-3) I'd probably use them. But I think next time I'm looking at doing between 4 - 6 plants using the IWS twelve head dripper when I get my hands on one.

Edited by Kipper420
1 person likes this

Hi all not posted for a while but I've seen a working system where you cut the button thing off the base of your airpot then a plain t shirt rip it into strips and tie a not at the top like a wick and put it through the middle of your airpot in the medium then sit your pots in your tray the size of your tent ish and feed through filling the tray, everytime it was watered the plants drank it all up so there was no water sitting and seemed to work pretty good... Anyone else heard of this or thought of it as a good way to feed airpots...

Fuck that..... Sounds too much like hard work... Watering air pots is easy, just do it slowly...

Or fill a bucket and dunk till the bubbles stop....

DS

1 person likes this

Just figured because I need a tray anyway it would be easy as..