Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jush

Whats the best sized filter for me?

I'm currently running a RVK 100e2 a1 (4") System-air and my filters just died on me, wonering what's good on the marker now since I've been out of the loop for awhile, as always cheaper the better!

Thanks guys, hope you're having good nights.

Budget 4" Filter - Suitable For Use With All 100mm Fans @ 35.99

replacement must be purchased every nine to twelve months.

Rhino Pro Filter Fits all 100mm fans @ 43.19

replacement must be purchased every eighteen to twenty four months.

so when buying cheap and initially only saving £7.20

you are infact having to buy 2x budget to last aslong as a single RhinoPro

2 years life span budget @ £71.98

2 years life span RhinoPro @ 43.19

your choice :oldtoker:

all prices above are from greens horticulture.

5 people like this

Need another new filter myself. Went with another budget jobbie myself again. I was lookin at a Rhino pro but theres been quite a few lads complaining about them and I couldnt make my mind up so went with a £20 six inch budget and its lasted almost two flowering runs. Not good

Goin with a Phat filter this time. Ye can get one off the bay of e for £40 or thereabouts. I would get a 5" and a reducer as it will put less pressure on yer fan

Hope this helps

Salty

:pugwash:

phat was renamed to rhino :)

phat seems a rather common name - so they had till changed it

phat was renamed to rhino :)

phat seems a rather common name - so they had till changed it

No they weren't.

Phat and rhino have always been different companies and still are. There was some confusion a few years ago when phat were using the same manufacturer and the only difference was the label (and that was the same size shape).

These days phat filters are alot different to Rhino filters in appearance but are still of a good build quality and on par for performance.

Tbh i mostly recommend mountain air filters these days. That said i may be product testing some of cans latest offerings in the very near future and will report as i find in due course...

Which reminds be of something else! lol

To the op, your pretty safe to take whatever the cheapest option amongst the brand name premium filters is on the day.

As a general rule avoid anything that has "budget" or "hobby" in its name..

http://www.rhinofilter.com/

http://phatfilter.com/

1 person likes this

Rhino Filters were formerly known as Phat Filters but owing to legal disputes they ended up having to change their name.

Apart from that, everything else is exactly the same – the same carbon, airflow rates and performance.

as stated @ greens horticulture who stock and sell the carbon filters i purchase.

e2a -- feckin spelling as usual lol

Edited by mr.gr33n

Budget 4" Filter - Suitable For Use With All 100mm Fans @ 35.99

replacement must be purchased every nine to twelve months.

Rhino Pro Filter Fits all 100mm fans @ 43.19

replacement must be purchased every eighteen to twenty four months.

so when buying cheap and initially only saving £7.20

you are infact having to buy 2x budget to last aslong as a single RhinoPro

2 years life span budget @ £71.98

2 years life span RhinoPro @ 43.19

your choice :oldtoker:

all prices above are from greens horticulture.

there's a seller on flee at doing the rhino pro100mm for 35£ (The rhino hobby is the same price)

god bless theBay, lol,

Edited by mr.gr33n

Rhino Filters were formerly known as Phat Filters but owing to legal disputes they ended up having to change their name.

Apart from that, everything else is exactly the same the same carbon, airflow rates and performance.

as stated @ greens horticulture who stock and sell the carbon filters i purchase.

e2a -- feckin spelling as usual lol

Greens aren't the only ones who perpetuate the myth, lots of other "experts" do too...

But its still a myth. Otherwise i wouldn't be able to buy both phat and rhino filters. When the supposed 'rebranding' took place many years ago...

I'm going to dig deep buy some new rhinos mine are all ok still but can't hurt can it

1 person likes this