Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe Strimmer

same old

40 posts in this topic

Purpling can be a sign of low temperatures.

1 person likes this

i was going to ask ..are you 100% sure your night time temps arent dipping below a 10deg swing from daytime temps as this will produce the classic mg def look ..proper lock out ..i use warm water to feed with to try and keep the rootzone comfortable .

3 people like this

thanks guys

in general my temps are ok i think, 28-30c lights on at canopy level and 23-25c at root level,

and for lights off ive got a 1kw oil filled rad thats got its own thermostat set to half way and 2 x 2ft tube heaters connected to a rootit thermostat set at 22c with the temp probe down the inside of a pot as a back up

but my passive intake is 2 x 250mm eggcrate grills cut into the bottom of my cupboard door with a cardboard light baffle/plenum on the inside and this one plant sits in front of it and ive had the window in the room open

heres the pics anyway, shes due a feed now

jackberryxmadscientist day33

jbxms Bud day33

jackberryxmadscientist day33

and heres my intake and heating

passive intake

heres the light baffle with affected plant in front of it

light baffle

i would have thought that was plenty of heating, eh?

full room

al get a pick of the jb x ms thats not in front of intake, its a week ahead and its lookin a lot better

thanks again people

should i just feed as normal--1ml grow 2.5ml bloom and a wee .5ml equilibrium?

and ive got a plastic bin lid i can use as a buffer to stop the cold air directly blasting the pot, im putting that in now

@@vince noir rock n roll star when you say warm water, how warm do you mean mate, 25c ish?

warm as in not uncomfortable to your hands ..but not hot ..

1 person likes this

thanks vince, ive been adding some hot water so should be ok

i fed her as i said above and put a wind break between the pot and the intake so al see how she looks tomorrow

believe it or not i do look through problem solver threads and nute def charts for answers but im never sure if its describing what ive got or not

its all trial and error eh, but i'll get there man, by hook or by crook

ATB

JS

1 person likes this

Like you say mate you'll get there.just a few tweeks here n' there n' you'll be fine. Could've been the water n' the intake.See how the changes you've made affect things. Have you tried changing the position of the plant in the grow too?atb

1 person likes this

cheers canny, i was moving them around but as they got bigger they've sort of settled into the best position for their shape, ive been turning the pots 90 degrees every day tho

tomorrow i'll swap the two jb x ms, see if that helps too

i started this thread saying this problem was doing ma nut in and it does hurt to see ma plants anything other than lush green, but after so many years of dreaming of growing my own Im happy man, i only wish i'd found this place 10 years ago

I took ma dads dog a walk down the fields today wi a cpl of doobs of ma killer skunk, listening to Neil Young - American Stars And Bars and by the time Homegrown came on i felt like a fuckin king man :king: ,,, tremendous

a tweeking i will go (I hope that doesnt mean anything dodgy)

ATB

JS

lol.nah tweek's ok.grows need tweekers.(perhaps that's spelt tweak) I know what you mean about smoking your own draw after all the trouble of growing it.deffo a sense of satisfaction.Killer skunk too. Smile on your chops i bet. lol.

Eta from neil young to the clash that reminds me of me. I've got your avatar poster along with the one of paul simenon busting his base on the floor.

Edited by cannybuzz
1 person likes this

I was floating on air mate, neil young sends chills doon ma spine, probably more of a hero than mr strummer but what can i say about the clash man,

i was born in 1971 so when they were singin 1977 I was playing on the witches hat (remember they deathtraps) but when i was 12 ma older cousin gave me London Calling and The Clash and they were with me aw through my delinquent years, gutted I was to young to see them but i saw Joe and the Mescaleros at T in the park, quality

I think ive still got those 2 posters as well, beside all ma records in ma dads attic

nice one mate

JS

1 person likes this