Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
adamsgoneawol

Is my ventilation correct?

Hi guys,

It's my first grow and I'm in first week of veg, I think ha ha. Basically I'm trying to find out whether my airflow set-up is correct. So here's what I got.....

6 plants in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0m tent, growing in coco under a 600w hps.

I have a 4" intake at 187m3/hr or 110cfm and a 5" outtake at 280m3/hr or 164cfm ( i think conversions are correct)

Will the above fans provide with correct air exchanges?

My temps are currently around 26/27 celsius, humidity is on the floor, the digital meter just has 2 horizontal lines on it which I assume means zero lol.

Struggling to get my head around the airflow and the only examples I can find on the web are for completely different/more advanced set-ups.

I've always been a believer that anybody can learn anything - if you can't understand something then it may be because somebody isn't explaining it in the right way. Can anybody give me a quick tutorial that is easy to understand......?

Many thanks in advance

During cooler months, that should be fine, but will probably cause problems during summer months. During summer, either switch down to 400w (if you have a digital ballast), or upgrade your fans, or have a too hot grow room. Over sized fans, with oversized acoustic ducting and on a fan speed controller are the best way to keep temperatures controlled all year around..

Those fans will do for now but in summer you may struggle with temps, 6in extract on a controller will be better. Get this grow out of the way and worry about it for next time.

Great minds think alike. :wassnnme::rofl:

1 person likes this

Was thinkin same lol

1 person likes this

Quality, must be so then. :D

not good enough by a long stretch my man.....fine for the Co2 flow and air exchange "just about" in cold months, but come spring you will struggle big time....that and the size of your tent........get this grow out the way and then MAX OUT your fan set up , maybe an 6/8 inch RVK or equiv and 6 inch intake "active", pref from outside......gl.

sorry to buck the trend,

but i also have a 600w(parabolic) dr120 tent, 4inch active intake (intake pipe is just under the windowsill) and a 5inch rhino/extractor

its controlled with a variac its never gone over 70%

temps in the summer were 30-32,

the parabolic really helps keep things quite cool below and with the cf directly above the center of the para heat was removed quickly.

if i was to do it again then yea i'd go bigger but mostly for noise levels.

im going to get my moneys worth out of this set up first.

edit: it really depends on the environment outside the tent when talking about heat, mines in a spare room which is cool all year round'ish xD

Edited by YouMust

sure thing, if you are lucky to have a cool enviro all yr round then good for you man, just saying that many don't so need good air to keep things cool no matter outside enviro, if yours works fine then that's brilliant, les expense and still control your enviro.

And yes where it is plays a bigger part in how much you can control temps, no dispute there.