Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

High007

Soil grow in a growbox

25 posts in this topic

High gang, back in 2012, I was constantly growing my own, right in my bedroom in a growbox that I made out of a large cardboard box, supported by a bamboo-stick frame and lined with metalic tape on the inside. It has a removed top cover that has an electric strip in which the CFL bulbs were attached, ordinary household CFLs, and this rig has worked beautifully all through that year, and into late 2013 as well.

There were six small pots in the bottom, filled with soil, and I always grew from seed, usually Lebanese Land-race that i brought back with me during my frequent trips to Lebanon, but later after visiting Dopestock 2012 in Amsterdam with the Dopetribe I brought back and grew Cheese and Citral as well, the Cheese wasn't very good for indoor growing in a small space like that it turned out, but the Citral was wonderful and squat.

I used an organic fertilizer called "Essential Nutrients" which was all i could find out here, and the plants absolutley loved the stuff, it has a balance of 9-2-6 so it was growing for the vegetation period, for the flowering period I had a timer attached to automate the light schedule (18/6 then 12/12) and I also covered the box with a black blanket to give additional protection against any light leaks. I used a seaweed-based fertilizer called Bio-green, with a balance of 0.3-2-6, it is very concentrated black-looking stuff, which smelled like ammonia right out of the bottle, eye-watering stuff! but a few drops in 1 litre of water made the water a light brown "iced-tea" color that then smelled mellow and organic, it was easy to use two much of this stuff as it is so concentrated, but just a few drops every other watering was the perfect balance acheived.

Oh I also used three large cpu fans for the ventilation, two for the intake and one for exhaust, you'll see all this in the following photos to get a clearer picture, along with the plants and everything else.

Since I plan on moving in around mid-january I've had to force myself not to grow anymore recently as there would'nt be time to grow and flower obviously, man is it tough! I love grow and want to thank all who have hepled me teremendously on the grow report and in the dopetribe network, Vince Noir Rock & Roll Star, Zandor, Blanksteve & Latewood, those guys are absolute gurus when it comes to growing, thank you once again you guys!

I'll stop talking now and post photos and the resulting bud-p0rn from this endevour for your viewing pleasure, I mean, who doesn't like looking at frosty buds right?

Peace

p.s. I'll add more photos soon, attaching images here isnt as straightforward as with the previous forum it turns out.
1 person likes this

Hey guys, sorry for the long absence, it's been a rough couple of months, but now all is well. Some new photos and good news, I'm growing once again!

It has been about three weeks since i germinated a seed (you read that correctly, the collection of land race lebanese seeds i've had in my drawer for years seems to have gotten old, i tried to germinate 9 but only one popped.. I'm in the process of germinating more newer seeds currently)

I do hope that plant is a girl, the chances are 50/50 so I'm reamaining positive.

I hope she's a girl!

Thanks for all the replies guys all is well, the plant is doing nicely and no others have germinated, i'm sticking with this one until i move, it will provide me with what i need for leisure and medicine.

Glad you're back growing dude, Atb with it man.

Thanks man! I don't like it when i'm not growing, i feel there's something missing.

as you can see guys, another long abscence from the forum, my apologies, i've been travelling (visited colorado, but that's a whole other thread)

Here below are photos of the same growbox, after a little makeover to improved it's efficiency, it's not empty anymore either, a good friend brought me seeds back from Amsterdam, a strain called "Ice" from magicseeds.nl (has anyone here grown this strain?) it's supposed to be some powerful stuff, i'm looking forward to that!! the seeds are feminzed and I decided to germinate 7 of them and store the remaining three in case they're needed in the future. I plan on having about two mother plants from those and will just flower the other five later on. right now they're just tiny seedlings and are doing quite well, more photos later as they develop.

Peace!

Box

Lid

1 person likes this

Good luck fella

Good luck fella

thanks man! i have high hopes for this one!

1 person likes this

Well, this afternoon was spent transferring all 7 seedlings into their bigger, final pots. I plan on having one or two as mothers and will flower the rest, so i put the most vigorous looking one into the biggest pot respectively. I made a hole in the soil and put in some Mycorrhizae, which in my past experience proved to really make the plants happy and grow fast, by colonizing their root system, my thanks to Vince Noir for this one, thanks buddy!

I was careful not to disturb their root system thus I just turned the small pots upside down and getly removed the whole deal, then into the mycorrhizae-lined holes they went, then i covered them up and watered them all.

Transferred to bigger pots

Are you going to flower all 7?

no man, as i said, i plan on keping one or two as mothers, i was thikning of the most vigorous ones, the one in the biggest pot is my first choice.

i haven't cloned in a long time, but these seeds are too valuable not to try it once again, besides i need to learn how as a grower.

Week 2, second set of leaves now, can anyone advise on why there are some yellow bits on the edges of some leaves?

oops, forgot to post the pic in the last message, here you are:

9 25 14 Ice

1 person likes this

Pots are a bit too big mate - really want to start them seeds in small 0.7 pots or plastic cups - is it just the tips that are burnt? possible nute burn?

Pots are a bit too big mate - really want to start them seeds in small 0.7 pots or plastic cups - is it just the tips that are burnt? possible nute burn?

Ah, i started them in much smallter pots man and transferred the whole deal into the larger pots after they came up, the soil already has nutes in it, i didn't feed them, only 2 exhibit the tips, and they're almost unnoticable and haven't occured thereafter. i wonder what it was.