Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
7x7

Struggling with Tent Temps

Tent: Green Roon GR120 (120x120x200)

Lights: 1 x 600watt HPS

Extraction:: 5" Systemair RKV A1 (low output model) / Rhino PRO Carbon Filter

Air Intake: 2 x 5" Passive from open window

Hey all. really having a hassle with temp at the moment and it's winter. ran a similar setup 12/12 last winter with no problems but doing auto's on 18/6 this year and struggling to keep temps with above setup under 30c.

got 2 x 5" passive duct running into tent but it's still way too hot in there as ladies are "curling in" to retain moisture.

looking to upgrade extraction but can't do this at the moment as i've just went into flower this week so not wanting to disturb environment if possible.

i have a 4" TT fan lying in the cupboard which is louder than the systemair so am trying an extra passive that i just added this morning to see if it will cool temps. if this doesn't work will the 4" TT bring temps down a bit?

my 2nd question is that i'm looking at upgrading extraction to a 6" Ruck with a temp controlled SMS fan speed controller. would this help with temps while retaining a passive intake or do i need an 8" Ruck? I really would like a passive intake only but if i have to use controlled intake, could i use the 5" RVK i have the now for intake with a 6" / 8" extraction fan? would i need an additional fan speed controller for the intake or can i run intake/extraction fans of the same controller?

don't grow in summer but would be nice to have the option if i was going to run out of personal during the summer months so looking to "future proof" my upgrade. cheers the now.

An active intake would certainly bring the temps down.

Bigger is always better where extraction is concerned imo.

The SMS com I use has 2 plugs just plug fans in n good to go.

If u want to grow in summer u might need an air cooled shade?

Blucky !

:smokin:

1 person likes this

where you extracting to ? chimney? if so then you need more m3/hour extractor an 8 if going all the way up chimney or a high power 6 if the extraction duct is shorter use the 5 for inlet and get a sms twin controller, curling up leaves is low humidity mate if the plants are small then fit bell closhes over the plants untill larger when they will be providing more self generated humidity through transpiration.

2 people like this

An active intake would certainly bring the temps down.

Bigger is always better where extraction is concerned imo.

The SMS com I use has 2 plugs just plug fans in n good to go.

If u want to grow in summer u might need an air cooled shade?

Blucky !

:smokin:

i'm looking at a temp regulated one with the probe so i can maintain 24c in the tent. do these twin plug controllers speed up / slow down the extraction while also controlling the active intake fan to regulate temps? thanks

where you extracting to ? chimney? if so then you need more m3/hour extractor an 8 if going all the way up chimney or a high power 6 if the extraction duct is shorter use the 5 for inlet and get a sms twin controller, curling up leaves is low humidity mate if the plants are small then fit bell closhes over the plants untill larger when they will be providing more self generated humidity through transpiration.

extracts through the wall to adjacent room. inlet runs from bedroom the tent is in & extracts through a wall to another room. just added 4" TT 2hrs ago and taking air in from bedroom that tent is in and temps sitting at 29c now. gas central heating is on as kids are here. will it drop a couple of degrees if i switch central heating off completely? got all radiators except kitchen / living room switched off.

What shade are you using? I found temps dropoed a lot when I switched to a parabolic.

1 person likes this

turn the radiator of in the room were tent is might help a bit

just standard shade that came with kit.

no heating on at all near the groom.

looking to buy one of these new Rhino Thermostatically Controlled 6" Fans (760 m3/h) with a rhino pro c/f (150x600) (900m3/h) then use the 5" system air for intake.

will this do the trick? thanks

You could get an SMS dual fan speed controller and use the 5" for intake with a 6 or 8" extract. It's pretty much plug n go.

I'd say you could do with a cooltube too, keep temps down a bit.

i bought a cooltube from kitbagshop on auction site. 125mm one. i rigged it up but cannot touch the glass, it's boiling? emailed the seller and he said it was for a 600watt bulb but i'm not so sure. i've heard the glass in them needs cleaned regular if you put them inline with carbon filter as carbon gets drawn through the fan onto the cooltube glass?

defo looking to source a parabolic as bigbadbuddah suggested.

what's really doing my head in is i ran almost exact same setup in august until end october and temps were a stable 26c? only difference was i was using a DS120 (1.2 x 1.2 x 1.8) tent under a 12/12 light cycle instead of the Green Room (1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0) 18/6 light cycle now and it's all gone belly up.

are these tent better insulated of something or can it be down to running ligts 18/6 instead of 12/12?

a final question? is the Systemair RVK's twin speed via the way you wire them up? as in, can i move the live wire to another terminal to make it run faster or are they just single speed only. I cannot remember when i wired it up last year if it was the RVK or the TT fan that had the twin speed dependant on wiring. thanks again all.

Parabolic is definitely the way to go mate.

Don't think insulation makes a difference really as you're refreshing the air in there 3 times a minute or so, so it's really about pulling cool air into your tent. I think you'll see a difference when you switch to active intake. :yep:

1 person likes this

Hi 7x7, temps will be a lot hotter this time round cos you are generating 50% more heat running 18/6 opposed to 12/12.

Kitbag is quite near to me and they dont have a very good rep for online sales.

Go in the shop and they are sound. IMHO

ATB

JB

Tent: Green Roon GR120 (120x120x200)

Lights: 1 x 600watt HPS

Extraction:: 5" Systemair RKV A1 (low output model) / Rhino PRO Carbon Filter

Air Intake: 2 x 5" Passive from open window

Hey all. really having a hassle with temp at the moment and it's winter. ran a similar setup 12/12 last winter with no problems but doing auto's on 18/6 this year and struggling to keep temps with above setup under 30c.

got 2 x 5" passive duct running into tent but it's still way too hot in there as ladies are "curling in" to retain moisture.

looking to upgrade extraction but can't do this at the moment as i've just went into flower this week so not wanting to disturb environment if possible.

i have a 4" TT fan lying in the cupboard which is louder than the systemair so am trying an extra passive that i just added this morning to see if it will cool temps. if this doesn't work will the 4" TT bring temps down a bit?

my 2nd question is that i'm looking at upgrading extraction to a 6" Ruck with a temp controlled SMS fan speed controller. would this help with temps while retaining a passive intake or do i need an 8" Ruck? I really would like a passive intake only but if i have to use controlled intake, could i use the 5" RVK i have the now for intake with a 6" / 8" extraction fan? would i need an additional fan speed controller for the intake or can i run intake/extraction fans of the same controller?

don't grow in summer but would be nice to have the option if i was going to run out of personal during the summer months so looking to "future proof" my upgrade. cheers the now.

try the rvk L1s moves a lot more air than the A1s, i use a 5inch rvk L1 and can run 1000w most of the time in a 120 tent.

1 person likes this

thanks elf, decided on an 8" RVK for extraction and use the 5" for intake. got temps stabilised for now but looking to futureproof my environment with minimal expense as i don't sell any of my harvest. just grow for myself as i don't want anyone putting 2+2 together and coming up with 4 ;)