Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vapfire

Fast food light recipes. Made easy, cheap and natural.

65 posts in this topic

Great post mate if its your chosen route in nutrition. Got to try this remoulade, don't know why but my mind is picturing looking like Blancmange.

Remoulade Sauce Recipe

Ingredients You Will Need:
2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup spicy brown mustard
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper

Thoroughly mix all ingredients together. If using for potato salad, add potatoes, cubed cheddar cheese, cubed ham, a can of tuna fish and chopped onions. If using for sandwiches, store in an airtight container and spread on sandwiches instead of mayonnaise.

Remoulade Sauce Recipe

Ingredients You Will Need:

2 cups mayonnaise

1 cup spicy brown mustard

2 teaspoons black pepper

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 teaspoon garlic powder

½ teaspoon cayenne pepper

Thoroughly mix all ingredients together. If using for potato salad, add potatoes, cubed cheddar cheese, cubed ham, a can of tuna fish and chopped onions. If using for sandwiches, store in an airtight container and spread on sandwiches instead of mayonnaise.

First i thought, just replace 2 cups mayonaise with 0,66 cups mayo and 1,33 cups joghurt. Should be the same taste, i guezz.

But this was wrong, this method works only for a original remoulade recipe, which is made of oil and not of "finished" mayo.

Here you can make the mayo light, mix it with joghurt and salt up to 50:50. So you decrease the fat content of the remoulade.

Edited by vapfire

I wrote you can make remoulade light, just using an original recipe and replace fat with joghurt and fat.

This only works with original remou recipes, that use real oil as base and not processed mayo.

( At remou recipes with mayo, you can decrease the fat content of the mayo up to 50 % ).

At the following recipe you can replace fat with 33 % fat and 66 % joghurt.

ingredients
    large egg yolk, preferably pasteurized
  • 1 tablespoon
    white-wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon
    Dijon mustard
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • see savings
    icon-savings.png
    1/2 cup
    extra-virgin olive oil
  • see savings
    icon-savings.png
    1/2 cup
    vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon
    finely chopped fresh chives
  • 1 teaspoon
    capers, drained, rinsed, and chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon
    minced fresh tarragon
1 person likes this

I am Lactose intolerant. What kind of yogurt or yogurt substitute should I be using?

I am Lactose intolerant. What kind of yogurt or yogurt substitute should I be using?

I´m not sure, but i red there is joghurt without lactose. Don´t know, if this is ok for people like you.

1 person likes this

Nice thread, is it real? if it is,

I've got one for the scrambled eggs as I've never made it with oil.

Normal way: 4 eggs and 4tablespoons of milk (preferably skimmed milk)

New way: 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons of mlik.

50% less everything except oil which is up to a 100% less.

What's with adding all the salt? Can't be good.

Just watering down food really, good for people on a budget.

Nice one.

What's with adding all the salt? Can't be good.

The salt i add to the cheese or meals is only the salt, that would be in the cheese without stretching it.

150 Gramms feta contain more salt than 150 gramms feta light. It is, because joghurt got only 0,2 % salt and chese 2 %.

I want to decrease the fat or calorie content, not the taste or salt content.

The salt i add to the cheese or meals is only the salt, that would be in the cheese without stretching it.

150 Gramms feta contain more salt than 150 gramms feta light. It is, because joghurt got only 0,2 % salt and chese 2 %.

I want to decrease the fat or calorie content, not the taste or salt content.

Right, nice one.

But your heart will still pack in but you will be easier to move off the floor into the ambulance. lol

Just kidding mate, no offence meant. Good ideas for a budget as you say to 'stretch' the food.

1 person likes this

I wrote you can make remoulade light, just using an original recipe and replace fat with joghurt and fat.

This only works with original remou recipes, that use real oil as base and not processed mayo.

( At remou recipes with mayo, you can decrease the fat content of the mayo up to 50 % ).

At the following recipe you can replace fat with 33 % fat and 66 % joghurt.

ingredients
    large egg yolk, preferably pasteurized
  • 1 tablespoon
    white-wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon
    Dijon mustard
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • see savings
    icon-savings.png
    1/2 cup
    extra-virgin olive oil
  • see savings
    icon-savings.png
    1/2 cup
    vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon
    finely chopped fresh chives
  • 1 teaspoon
    capers, drained, rinsed, and chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon
    minced fresh tarragon

Capers? So its somewhere between mayonnaise and tar tar sauce, with 66% less fat of course.

Tartare sauce has chopped pickled gherkins in it. chopped pickled gherkins = +100% taste without any more salt.

Mmmm capers in melted butter poured over fish......who cares about the fat :chef:

4 people like this

Mmmm capers in melted butter poured over fish......who cares about the fat :chef:

The people, who live in hell and are sentensed to life as ugly, fat and sad individual.

Me and a lot of people, i know, had serious problems, because of too much weight.

No life, no love, no fun. Shame, depressions and lonelieness are often caused by fatness.

Too much fat can make you fat and ill, and it can decrease your serotonin ( happiness ).

This can lead to illness and sometimes even suicide. Falling in love, beaches, sport, holidays,

parties is cruel for a lot of fat people. Too much fat can even damage your liver and damage

your whole body and soul.

Edited by vapfire
6 people like this

That's powerful stuff man. I think if all this makes it into book form, that should be the forward :yes:

1 person likes this

True poetry.

Is there anything vapfire can't do?

You're a modern day da Vinci (with joghurt).

1 person likes this