Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

catfish

pyramids

238 posts in this topic

iirc the "helicopter" is the result of 2 sets of hieroglyphs being written one over the top of the other.

I like the idea that the Egyptian Pyramids (especially the Great Pyramid) and the Sphinx are much older than most archeologists believe, even the idea that they are leftover from a previous unknown civilization and that they might've had some technology that we dont know about to help with the incredible accuracy of the buildings I find very intriguing, but I dont buy the "Aliens built them" stuff, like booj said ancient people were just as intelligent and ingenious as we are today. Yes the Pyramids are truly an incredibly impressive feat, but not one beyond human ability.

By the way Im not ruling out the idea that there might have been some alien contact in the history of humanity, most religions seem to reference some being/beings coming from the heavens or whatever. It is a cool idea and maybe there is something to it, or it could just be the result of another human trait, imagination.

Though I also agree that the Egyptians aren't very co-operative when someone challenges their idea's, Zahi Hawass for one is a complete stubborn arsehole (though he should be gone soon enough), and they also dont like to admit that the Ancient Egyptians were most likely black.

:smokin:

2 people like this

Ive no doubt the Pyramids were made with human hands and labour, the question is the age, methods and skills needed and what they were actually for. Evidence as tombs is inconclusive and still a mystery. I think it very unlikely they were even burial tombs at all..

So lets keep it simple and go with Occams razor and get onto just a couple of things that dont make sense simply from a cultural perspective,

The very first pyramids claimed to be built by the ancient Egyptians were among the largest pyramids that they ever built over their 3,000+ year history. Indeed, the Great Pyramid of Khufu, claimed to have been built ca. 2500 BCE, other than the obvious of starting small and average and progressing in size and quality is linear the norm for civilizations, but not in Egypt, apparently there it runs backwards.

One of many questions that arises is why did the ancient Egyptians suddenly depart from building relatively low mastaba tombs made of mud-brick to building truly monumental pyramid structures of stone ? This is quite a social direction change for a society that did things in rigid tradition, especially when you consider it was their very soul and afterlife that would have been at risk.

Without exception, the superstructure of mastaba tombs in ancient Egypt were always rectangular in shape, a tradition that stretched back far into antiquity even in ancient Egyptian times and mirrored in Sumer. Curiously though, almost without exception, the pyramids of ancient Egypt were built square. There are only two exceptions to this, the first being Menkaure’s pyramid at Giza which is fractionally rectangular in shape.The second rectangular pyramid is the very first pyramid ever built, the Step Pyramid of Djoser at Saqqara. However, it is known that the construction of the Step Pyramid actually began as a square and was later modified. Its eastern side was extended slightly in order to cover over and make secure the shaft entrances to the storage galleries beneath the pyramid.

It raises a very important question, why would the ancient Egyptians suddenly abandon an ancient tomb-building tradition of rectangular superstructures (i.e. mastabas) for their kings and queens in favour of square superstructures (i.e. pyramids) and more importantly why would they continue building mastaba tombs during the pyramid-building age and long afterwards ? In short, the pyramid shape fundamentally contradicts the ancient Egyptian tradition of rectangular burial mounds,

This suggests that, if form follows function, then the square form of the pyramid served a different function to the rectangular form of the mastaba.

The so-called ‘Provincial Pyramids’ are a series of seven small step pyramids situated along the banks of the Nile for most of its length. These small pyramids, which consensus Egyptology attributes to Huni, have neither internal nor external chambers of any kind, nor are there any ancillary structures such as chapels, temples or causeways associated with them. The Provincial Pyramids represent a complete mystery to Egyptologists but one thing that is absolutely certain about these small pyramids and which Egyptologists agree upon—they categorically were NOT built to function as tombs.

Similar to the Provincial Pyramids are the pyramids that Egyptologists believe were built, not as actual tombs, but as cenotaphs or ‘false tombs’. These cenotaphs appear identical in most every way to other pyramids that Egyptologists do regard as tombs – except they were not intended for burial but were merely built as ‘symbolic tombs’. Just as in the pyramids Egyptologists believe were tombs, no body of any king or any funerary equipment was ever found in any of the ‘false tombs’.

So here we have two pyramid types that were built by the ancient Egyptians which Egyptologists acknowledge were never actually intended for burial. Given the fact that neither the Provincial nor Cenotaph pyramids were ever intended as tombs, in the absence of primary evidence, surely the wonder must be that anyone can assert with any authority that any pyramid was ever intended for the purpose of burial.

Related to the issue of the cenotaph pyramids are those pyramids allegedly constructed by Sneferu – four in total Why would a king require four pyramids, three of which were truly massive? The conventional view assumes that Sneferu desired to build a ‘true pyramid’ i.e. a pyramid with smooth sloping sides as opposed to the earlier stepped sides. This assumption is based on the simple fact that Sneferu didn’t build any more pyramids after finally building the world’s first true pyramid, the Red Pyramid at Dahshur. But we will not know if Sneferu would have gone on to build any more pyramids because he died shortly after completing the Red Pyramid.

And then there’s the fact that Sneferu’s first ‘failure’, the pyramid at Meidum, was later converted by him into a true pyramid. So we have to ask why did he need the later Red Pyramid when he obviously could have finished the Meidum pyramid as a true pyramid first time round? In fact, after the Meidum pyramid, Sneferu went on to build a second ‘failure’ known as the Bent Pyramid. Conventional wisdom has it that it became apparent to Sneferu’s builders after constructing about two thirds of the Bent Pyramid that its slope angle was much too steep and so it had to be made shallower if it were to be completed safely. This resulted in the famous bend at the top of this pyramid. But here’s the thing: if Sneferu had desired a true pyramid from the outset, as Egyptologists insist, then clearly the Bent Pyramid was never going to satisfy this particular desire. So why then go on to complete this wholly imperfect and undesirable pyramid far beyond its point of failure and use all that effort and materials for a failure ?

That Sneferu went on to complete the Bent Pyramid beyond its point of failure strongly suggests that the construction of a true pyramid was probably not his only goal but that it seems also to have been his aim to build as many pyramids in his lifetime as he possibly could, albeit, some better than others. All of which begs the obvious question: why would an ancient Egyptian king require three or four pyramids if for merely a tomb ?

If we assume one of these structures was intended as an actual tomb, why would an ancient Egyptian king require two (or three) spares ? Is there something much more fundamental that we are misunderstanding about the true nature and function of these structures given that so many were allegedly built by just one ancient Egyptian king? excerpt from http://www.scottcreighton.co.uk/PDF-Files/Ten%20Facts%20that%20Contradict%20the%20Pyramid%20Tomb%20Theory.pdf

I think its likely the great two, maybe three were already a long time there when the Egyptians arrived, along with the Sphinx. I propose the stepped pyramids were inspired and the first attempts to copy ( and failed ) to understand the great ones, the bent Pyramid another example and failure, finally all others built later are of lesser quality and skill which suggests to me they never had anything to do with building great three.

Following the Occams Razor principle its very likely the main three and the Sphinx simply came from a much earlier age and epoch, built with long forgotten skills, the Egyptians arrived, attempted and failed to reproduce these fantastic feats of engineering and the Pyramids arnt and have never been used or built as simply tombs.

Edited by Victor Kruger
2 people like this

But what was the gap between humans settling down , building settlements , growing crops etc. to them building the great pyramids ?

I think it is very hard to second guess the status of human societies 4000 years ago, so much time has gone by and structures are unlikely to preserve unless they are , stone, massive and in arid conditions. An example is Skara Brae on Orkney, contemporary with the the Early Dynasty, preserved through a fluke of remoteness and sediments. It was built from slabs of stone, but slabs of stone are a ready to hand material there unlike large structural trees. Finished to a good level of comfort and including many surprising innovations, should it be seen as an exception aside from the Mediterranean cultures? Or has the evidence of similar structures and societies just rotted away or been recycled into later structures? Stonehenge post dates it to around the time of the pyramids but who is to say what structures existed across Europe made from the large structural trees that covered northern Europe? Elaborate tree dwellings could have existed but we would never know, floating colonies maybe, but again we would never know, it is only the stone builders that left their mark and the earth works of lost structures

6 people like this

The Dogon ethnic group from Western Africa appear to possess an advanced astronomical knowledge. They're allegedly aware of certain stars that orbit Sirius B but these stars have only recently been discovered.

I'm not saying aliens gave them that knowledge but it's interesting to speculate as to the lost technology they did use. It seems strange that such technological brilliance could be lost over time.

Certain researchers investigating the Dogon have reported that they seem to possess advanced astronomical knowledge, the nature and source of which have subsequently become embroiled in controversy. From 1931 to 1956 the French anthropologist Marcel Griaule studied the Dogon. This included field missions ranging from several days to two months in 1931, 1935, 1937 and 1938 and then annually from 1946 until 1956.

In late 1946 Griaule spent a consecutive thirty-three days in conversations with the Dogon wiseman Ogotemmêli, the source of much of Griaule and Dieterlen's future publications. They reported that the Dogon believe that the brightest star in the sky, Sirius (sigi tolo or "star of the Sigui"), has two companion stars, pō tolo (the Digitaria star), and ęmmę ya tolo, (the female Sorghum star), respectively the first and second companions of Sirius A. Sirius, in the Dogon system, formed one of the foci for the orbit of a tiny star, the companionate Digitaria star. When Digitaria is closest to Sirius, that star brightens: when it is farthest from Sirius, it gives off a twinkling effect that suggests to the observer several stars. The orbit cycle takes 50 years.They also claimed that the Dogon appeared to know of the rings of Saturn, and the moons of Jupiter.

Griaule and Dieterlen were puzzled by this Sudanese star system, and prefaced their analysis with the disclaimer, "The problem of knowing how, with no instruments at their disposal, men could know the movements and certain characteristics of virtually invisible stars has not been settled, nor even posed."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogon_people

1 person likes this

The Dogon ethnic group from Western Africa appear to possess an advanced astronomical knowledge. They're allegedly aware of certain stars that orbit Sirius B but these stars have only recently been discovered.

I'm not saying aliens gave them that knowledge but it's interesting to speculate as to the lost technology they did use. It seems strange that such technological brilliance could be lost over time.

I think that one is more an accidental artifice brought about through the anthropological observation, translation and interpretation than a serious lost knowledge. There are though serious technological advances that get lost in time, many, many examples, cited it before, but well worth a read, is "ancient Inventions" (the isbn is listed on here already) that contains many surprising pieces of tech that subsequently got reinvented 100's and sometimes 1000's of years later, our forfathers were a lot cleverer than wwe give them credit for. The Antikythera mechanism is a fascinating object, i wonder what else has been lost in time

Edited by distracted
4 people like this

good posts everyone really enjoying reading your thoughts on the subject .

with over 200 known settlements flooded in the mediterranean sea it a wonder whats down there .

with our islands too you can just imagine what lies under the waves

1 person likes this

The truth is there for all to see

gallery_31326_10236_8041.jpg

2 people like this

did anyone see dr hawass refusing to debate graham hancock over some of robert bauvals assertions ..ooo touched a nerve

2 people like this

did anyone see dr hawass refusing to debate graham hancock over some of robert bauvals assertions ..ooo touched a nerve

Yeah, I watched 2 videos on Graham Hancocks facebook page yesterday. That Hawass dude is an arrogant arse.

he also seems to be protecting the standard historical norms on behalf of egypt ,he`s been discredited before ..twice as far as i know .will it be 3 strikes and hes out and then more forward thinking on egypts ancient past can come to the fore ,but would this challenge the whole biblical timeline ?

4 people like this

i think the "timeline" or chronological order in egypt is totally fucked .this has a knock on effect to other areas that are

studied and including the hitites ,chaldeans,asyrians ,troy,even the greek datings. dark ages are created when there were none ,just the yardstick was fucked in the first place .

well over 100 years ago there was a conference to decide when the whole egypt thingy started .

there were 3 shouts for a date so they decided to pick the middle one .

since then the order or dating has not been messed with much .

it seems to be a case of quote what was said before without double checking .

also i think some of the kings were called different names in different areas of egypt ,that could account for a few kings to be

taken off the list .

one question i will ask ,is if we have a full understanding of the hieroglyphics ,then how come the kings list is in a mess ?

Edited by catfish

here is the twat ,backed into a corner so he tries to play the man instead of discredit the information

mind set firmly in concrete ,kinda like what british historians are like in general .

When tossers like that get as loud and aggressive as that about simply a theory, whatever it is you just KNOW the official timeline and story is a load of bollocks. :yes:

1 person likes this

The Dogon thing had quite a long run, starting in 1979 with the publication of The Sirius Mystery by Robert Temple, sure there's a few on here who remember it. It was a best seller and it's theory went unchallenged for many years until somebody went to research it's findings with the Dogon, including surviving Dogon who were interviewed by the original French mateur anthroplogist (in 1935 I think). The whole thing was a misunderstanding, the result of their misinterpretation of star maps they were shown and the anthroplogist's misinterpretation of their responses.

iirc the "helicopter" is the result of 2 sets of hieroglyphs being written one over the top of the other.

Didn't know that, always seemed way too good to be true - bit like that stegosaurus on the Cambodian temple although an explanation for that is yet to emerge.

The Great Pyramid was built by humans of an ancient civilization with advanced scientific knowledge but probably not much technological hardware or infrastructure, historians have a word for this but I'm afraid I've forgotten it. Maybe they were what we now call Atlanteans, survivors of some cataclysm who turned up on the shore of what's now Egypt intent on building the pyramid for some weird scientific purpose.

There's shitloads of stuff underneath the pyramids and Hawass and the Egyptian government are keeping quiet about it. The area south of the Great Pyramid is still fenced off and patrolled, Google Earth used to show a circular wall withe a sphere in the centre and as time went on it wa shown disappearing as it got dismantled - and is still not officially acknowledged.

I never did find the source of the Herodotus story about the city under the Great pyramid but whateve is down there is probably equally awaesome and would undermine current beiiefs about the earliest date of advanced civilization - which very probably had no help from aliens.

2 people like this