Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dboi88

DIY Night & Day Temps, Heaters, Extraction Control With Lights &#3

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to show you my current room controls. This allows me separate settings for fans and heaters night and day. I know a lot of people are put off with doing diy electrics because so often advice is given in dribs and drabs with rough sketches that sometimes make no sense so i tried to make the circuit diagram as easy to follow as possible and complete. If you copy what is shown this will work. I’ve also included a graph to show how it’s been performing for me. If you’re interested in how i’ve produced this graph take a look at this thread http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=334073

Circuit Diagram:

gallery_54545_7768_22054.jpg

Pictures:

gallery_54545_7768_207793.jpg

gallery_54545_7768_105602.jpg

gallery_54545_7768_92426.jpg

gallery_54545_7768_29114.gif

6 people like this

interesting, i have 2 of those thermostats here from my snakekeeping days.

Impressive! :yep:

Thanks mate

interesting, i have 2 of those thermostats here from my snakekeeping days.

They are pretty good once dialed in but the numbers on them are almost meaningless. I've since found cheaper ways than buying two of those units though.

1 person likes this

Fantastic ! Yr defo a very busy person

Dedication to the max! Ill take a look at this tonight

....Drops boms :yinyang:

@@drops boms

Thanks mate. Any questions just ask. I'm not one of these that refuses to answer questions just because the answer might be found in the deep dark vaults of the search engine.

@@drops boms

Thanks mate. Any questions just ask. I'm not one of these that refuses to answer questions just because the answer might be found in the deep dark vaults of the search engine.

And i just realised your an electrical engineer and probably wouldn't have a single question for me :doh:

@ dboi88 and u'd be wrong Ill have plenty when I sit down and look at yr work properly lol

This is awesome dboi. I've been thinking of doing something almost the same but incorporating a twin variac and a few other bits. I'll be using your wiring diagram! Which relays have you used?

Just one more thing, looks like your colours are mixed up - blue live and brown neutral?

Edited by mooker

@@mooker Damn you mooker! hehe, i noticed after i copied some of the elements of this diagram over onto the one i did for @@aerobud the other day and just prayed no one would realise before i had the time to change it lol.

I used this http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/15a12vdc-spdt-miniature-relay-n06aw for the top relay.

and this http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/10a-dpdt-miniature-relay-12vdc-n08aw for the bottom relay.

So are you going to have one variac for the the off speed and one for the on speed? what else are you thinking of?