Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clay Davis

Grasshopper Vaporiser, the portable we've been waiting for?

88 posts in this topic

I'm looking forward to your review Hot_Rock , will it be in 2015 do you think ?

1 person likes this

@@Hot_Rock I'd certainly like to hear what you think/from a user in the real world as soon as you have it too... :yep:

Edited by DD2001
1 person likes this

I'm looking forward to your review Hot_Rock , will it be in 2015 do you think ?

Sometime around February I reckon, theyve got to get about a thousand units assembled and sent out before they get to me :|

2 people like this

lol....invest £80 on a vape that you may not get....

In year or less they will be well advance or much cheaper anyway....

Believe this when I see it!!!!

1 person likes this

They look good. The key will be whether they have properly tested it or not. It looks like a lovely bit of kit, I would buy one in a heartbeat if its easy to charge and reliable. It looks like a well engineered bit of kit.

1 person likes this

This was the latest update (with a few pictures):

It’s February and everything is going well. As expected, the new Front Ends, Dials, and Sheaths came in early last week. We’ve been building Grasshoppers using these improved parts, and testing functionality and durability. Our manufacturer reports that the revised Charger pcbs will be completed this coming week and should be in our hands by Friday.

After constructing Grasshoppers using the new parts, we are pleased with the results. The finishes on the different sections match nicely, the Sheath fits perfectly around the Clip, and the Dial turns smoothly with the perfect amount of resistance. The small gap between the Front End and Body has also been fixed. See some pictures below.

Grasshopper back end

Grasshopper power on

Grasshopper front end

Testing the Grasshopper has been one of the major tasks over the last few weeks. This has gone incredibly well, with only very minor issues being revealed with the final design. Our extensive design work and small production batches are the main factors that have prevented any major issues.

Grasshopper power on

We know that many of you are eager to see more videos and a review of the Grasshopper. A new video showing normal use and operation will be released this coming week. A review video will follow that.

We are getting very close to delivery, and it’s our top priority that everyones receives Hoppers that function well and look great. Once the new chargers come in, we'll have a good idea of when exactly the first units will go out. Check back soon for the new video.

The Grasshopper Team

..and here's the latest usage video:

I still think that nothing else on the market has come close to what this promises. In hindsight, yes they promised a lot and are now a year overdue lol

I wouldn't have bought anything else that has come to market since then (not discreet enough yet) and don't feel to hard done by. It's often the nature of crowd funding and I'd rather they take their time to deliver the product they promised.

Having followed the manufacture process via these updates, they seem to have a decent test plan/facility @@Comrade Stoker, although I'm not quite as optimistic on the delivery date as you @@Hot_Rock!

3 people like this

I still think the first units will ship this month, Im down for a Ti one though, fuck knows when that'll ship! According to Trevor they'll ship at around the same time...

1 person likes this

They're so vague lol

I went plain steel with the steel case too, would be nice to get the extras at the same time.

Will have to compare notes when the time comes, getting excited now! :yinyang:

You can forget getting any of the extras like the oil front end or the bong attachment. Im not sure about the SS case. Theyre purely working on getting the vapes out for now...those will follow in the future!

Yeah, ordered the 'water pipe adaptor' and there's been no mention of it..

Fingers crossed for the case, sounds ideal (smell proof and carries 5g) :yep:

Great to see it in use but I cannot believe the participants they chose for the video..! :doh:

Roll on the update on the weekend :yinyang:

Re the video, does steam make you cough? Surely smoke is causing the coughing in the video.

Vapour from my Volcano can make me cough a fair bit, particularly at higher temps. Vapour is quite dry and can be irritable to the throat if vaping a lot - at least in my experience..

These two clowns :clown: were mostly using it at high temps which explains the clouds & coughing.

I'm sure a lot of people will be pleased it can produce clouds. Not me, I prefer the flavourful lower temp hits

:yinyang:

2 people like this

Re the video, does steam make you cough? Surely smoke is causing the coughing in the video.

vapour isn't steam. A hit on a vape can be really quite dry on your throat.